"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #3561
Chef Extraordinaire

The washers and dryers used to be free. Then when they put the coin ones in, they were only supposed to be $.50 for each machine. In your dreams. They were set for $1.25. And we were supposed to get a certain percentage of the monies for functions. More pipe dreams.

So since I am the only one with a computer and know how to write a business letter, they asked me to write one for the management company to let them know we wanted our share of the monies. All of the tenants said they would sign it. So I wrote it and only one tenant besides myself signed it. Everyone else were afraid to sign it. So I tore it up in front of them and told them, "Here are your monies. Enjoy them". Then I walked out. No one has ever asked me to write up anything again. Fine by me. Saves me ink and paper costs.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #3562
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck. I have no idea what. It started yesterday with just some stiffness, then progressively got worse. The pain was severe enough that I only got an hour and a half of sporadic sleep, tried both lying down and sitting upright, and can't turn or nod my head without pain. Lovely. Aleve took some of the edge off this morning after aspirin didn't do anything. What a PITA.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #3563
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Did something to my neck from below the ears to around the bottom of the back of skull and down the neck. I have no idea what. It started yesterday with just some stiffness, then progressively got worse. The pain was severe enough that I only got an hour and a half of sporadic sleep, tried both lying down and sitting upright, and can't turn or nod my head without pain. Lovely. Aleve took some of the edge off this morning after aspirin didn't do anything. What a PITA.
Ykies Dawg!! Get in your bathtub. It doesn't even need to have water in it.
Lay your head back on the edge of the tub and roll your neck around on the edge. I had a neck thingy like that once and it really helped. I'm thinking you should see a Doctor, as it could be something really serious.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #3564
Master Chef

Grrrr...

I walk into one of the two chain drug stores we have in town and ask where are the shopping carts. He answered we don't have them anymore. "Why not? "I say. "Because everybody keeps taking them" says him. "Why don't you get more"? "Because they cost a lot of money" he says. I say "I planned on spending a lot of money here, but I'll go to the other drug store that has shopping carts."
Guess who's writing a letter to Rite Aid Drug Stores Inc. ?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #3565
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Ykies Dawg!! Get in your bathtub. It doesn't even need to have water in it.
Lay your head back on the edge of the tub and roll your neck around on the edge. I had a neck thingy like that once and it really helped. I'm thinking you should see a Doctor, as it could be something really serious.

Thanks K, worth a shot!

No shopping carts?? That makes no sense. Good for you for writing to RiteAid!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #3566
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Fever? Check please. If you do, go to urgent care.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #3567
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Fever? Check please. If you do, go to urgent care.

No fever. Really strange.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #3568
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Grrrr...

I walk into one of the two chain drug stores we have in town and ask where are the shopping carts. He answered we don't have them anymore. "Why not? "I say. "Because everybody keeps taking them" says him. "Why don't you get more"? "Because they cost a lot of money" he says. I say "I planned on spending a lot of money here, but I'll go to the other drug store that has shopping carts."
Guess who's writing a letter to Rite Aid Drug Stores Inc. ?
Well that's nuts! They are very expensive, usually a couple hundred dollars each, but it's the cost of doing business.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #3569
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Hope that this is just a passing thing. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my neck and it took me 2 months of physical therapy last fall to get full range of motion in my neck. I hope that I can keep it healthy so that it doesn't happen again, but i'm never completely without pain. All the riding in cars on my vacation really wreaked havoc on my neck, it's just now getting better.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:42 PM   #3570
Master Chef

Ouch, Dawg...sure hope your neck pain eases up soon. I hate when that happens, especially if I have to drive.

Hmmm...Kayelle, I'll have to check our local Rite Aid and see if they've eliminated shopping carts. I don't go there very often and when I do, it's only for a few things, so I've never really noticed. Curious now.