"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #3641
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I hate being sick. I have a cold and feel miserable. I was supposed to go for a flu shot today but I'll wait a bit.

I had to give in and turn on the heat today. Too many chilly days. The house too cool to be comfortable.
Get well quick Andy. It's no fun being sick, especially when the weather is as miserable as you feel. Don't know about you, but I feel less sick if the sun is shining. Rain is *bletch* weather.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #3642
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks CG.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #3643
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Give him the site to order his own!
Zhizara, He doesn't have a clue about going online and ordering things, and I want to keep it that way! This way, he has to come to me and ask me to order something for him. He can sometimes google and find the item he wants, but doesn't know how to order.

He used to not know how to use an ATM, and I rue the day I taught him.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:24 AM   #3644
Master Chef

Have to complain about myself. There is this job I do once in a while. Maybe 10 times over last 20 years. You would think I'd have enough sense to write down the details and instructions. I had to do it yesterday and I totally messed it up. Couldn't remember what or how to do it. So stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking
Old 11-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #3645
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Have to complain about myself. There is this job I do once in a while. Maybe 10 times over last 20 years. You would think I'd have enough sense to write down the details and instructions. I had to do it yesterday and I totally messed it up. Couldn't remember what or how to do it. So stupid.

Don't feel bad Charlie. I had a job with the Tax Department. I was doing data entry for taxes received. I had been doing sales tax for a few months. Then they switched me over to the Celebrity Files. A lot of confidential information in them. Home addresses, personal phone numbers, SS numbers, etc. I was on them for about six months. Those were the tax files of entertainment folks who came here to entertain and had to pay Non-resident Taxes. Those files also had some higher up folks in there. It was my job to send out their tax bill. Then the Commissioner of Taxes started to pull some files of his friends and close out their bills. Big investigation. I was pulled off of them in a hurry because I had to testify against him.

They put me back on Sales Taxes. I had completely forgotten how to do them. And I screwed them up royally. My mind had turned to mush.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #3646
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post

Charlie, I'm confused. What job are you talking about?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #3647
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Buy the elastic ones...
PF---I found some of the elastic laces at Payless this morning. They only cost $1.99. It says on the package to lace'em up and leave'em-no need to tie them.
Thanks again for the advice. Jo
Old 11-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #3648
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

You are welcome Jo. I enjoy finding things that help folks get into their day faster and with the least amount of frustration. Turning your walking shoes into slip-ons is one of those things.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #3649
Chef Extraordinaire

I went with The Pirate to talk with Nancy, my NP today to get to the bottom of this excruciating pain in my hip. The Vicodin was no longer doing the job completely. There was always some pain left over, Just a little, but enough to be annoying and to keep me from being on my feet as long as I wanted to be. I was unable to complete even the simplest chore. I wanted to know what had changed in my left hip so much that it was no long completely responding to the medication.

So my doctor talked to me on the phone and told me that he was going to put me on a new medicine tramadol with ibruprofen and acetamin. At no time did he mention that I should be taking these with the Vicodin. Even when he talked to Poo, my medical proxy. So I thought that 'okay, I will give these a try.' Although I couldn't for the life of me figure how OTC was going to be any better. I tossed out what was left of my Vicodin. And then the pain started for real! I was in tears when I called Winthrop yesterday.

So Nancy herself was surprised that the doctor hadn't been more explicit in his instructions. And no where was it writing with any of the meds that I should be taking them all at the same time. Failure to communicate complete instructions on how I should be taking the medicines and badly written instructions from the pharmacy.

So Nancy ordered me the right amount of medicines I should be taking at the same time together. She told me to toss out everything I received the days previously to when all of this started. I started from new tonight. I took the first doze about thirty minutes ago and am already receiving full relief. BTW, she also noticed that I have lost a lot of weight since most of me meds were first prescribed eight years ago. She looked at my weight and the amount of dosages for the different meds and lowered some of the dosages. Like me, she felt some of them were too high for my weight and height. She also ordered me X-rays of both hips since the last set I had done was more than five years ago. I will go Wednesday morning for them. Then to the eye clinic to order my new reading glasses. Monday it is to the Neuropathy doctor to see how much damage there is to my leg. Then in December, off to the Gastrointestinal doctor to find out why I can't swallow.

All this pain because the doctor failed to give me along with the pharmacy the proper directions on how all of them should be taken. Right now I am so angry, that I am going to work myself up to an ulcer. I am practicing taking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:24 AM   #3650
Master Chef

Petty Vents

Addie, I hope you feel better and do not need doctors, so you won't be a angry with them, so you would not get the ulcer😉🌹