"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #3671
Sous Chef
 
Cindercat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DeSoto, MO USA
Posts: 577
Things are heating up at school! Two more students (one non-reader/can't count to 10/runner). Technology that doesn't work all week when I really need it. The topper is that the heat in the building was turned on. My room is right over the boiler room. I've had 3 days of 85 degree temperature in my room WITH 3 large windows wide open & 45-60 degree temps outside and a fan running. I'm told to expect the temp to stay that way all winter. So when I'm at my desk I've got a cold draft at my back but hot 2 feet away. My chapstick in my purse on the floor melted into a soft goo. I went home each night with dried out eyes, a headache, chapped lips and needing my inhaler. Don't know if I'm going to be able to tolerate the heat. Only good thing this week is my supervisor is trying to get me another full time paraprofessional because of my new boy who runs added to the rest of my mix.
__________________

Cindercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #3672
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,656
Oh, no, Cindercat. Sure seems like SpEd staff are treated like second class citizens at times, doesn't it?
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:41 AM   #3673
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,114
Hope you are feeling better soon Alix, especially before your trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
This may turn into a major vent. Its been a stupid week! Monday night, received a NASTY steam burn on my hand. BAD one. Treated it with cold water, aloe and let it be. Blistered up nicely. I left it alone, although the temptation nearly got me.

Yesterday, horrible migraine (weather related likely) and went home from work. Slept all day, felt better. Went to hug DH when he got home and ripped off the ginormous blister! GROSS! Polysporin but no bandage big enough in the house. LOTS of polysporin. Went to work, found BIG bandage and more polysporin.

Later today, hand aching...some swelling but no redness or heat. Went to doc for meds. He wrapped the crap out of my hand. I could have been a mummy! LOL. Taking antibiotics now, but took off giant bandage and put a big stick on bandaid on it.

Whine! Whimper! My arm hurts! Stupid infection. If this gets worse and messes up my trip I'm going to be über ticked off.
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #3674
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
This may turn into a major vent. Its been a stupid week! Monday night, received a NASTY steam burn on my hand. BAD one. Treated it with cold water, aloe and let it be. Blistered up nicely. I left it alone, although the temptation nearly got me.

Yesterday, horrible migraine (weather related likely) and went home from work. Slept all day, felt better. Went to hug DH when he got home and ripped off the ginormous blister! GROSS! Polysporin but no bandage big enough in the house. LOTS of polysporin. Went to work, found BIG bandage and more polysporin.

Later today, hand aching...some swelling but no redness or heat. Went to doc for meds. He wrapped the crap out of my hand. I could have been a mummy! LOL. Taking antibiotics now, but took off giant bandage and put a big stick on bandaid on it.

Whine! Whimper! My arm hurts! Stupid infection. If this gets worse and messes up my trip I'm going to be über ticked off.
Take care of that hand Alix. How are you going to type to keep in touch with us.

I too had a horrible day yesterday. I went shopping at 7 a.m.. Got a big food order. Got all the food put away, thanks to my son, and then headed for the kitchen. Had baking to do for the Church Fair which was today. I got four mini pumpkin breads made. got hit with a horrendous migraine headache also. continued to work, that was a mistake. Took the out of the oven and went to lay down. When I got up, I discovered I had forgotten to put in the four eggs. I took them out of the disposable pans and started over. Was I going to have enough ingredients to finish all I wanted to do? I tossed out the four yucky ones, washed out the disposable pans and started over again. By this time I had lost about five hours. Well I managed to get all the pumpkin breads made. Eight for the church and two large ones for my daughter. I was exhausted. I got to bed after midnight. I haven't put in a day like that in years. So of course I overslept this morning. I jumped up, got dressed, wrapped the mini loaves and headed out the door. I NEED A CUP OF COFFEE!! I need a shower.

Of course I got held up at the church. How can you say, "Sorry I have to run" when every one there wants to thank you for your donation. Every one has a hug for you. "Oh dear Lord, please let me get out of here. I am downstairs from the Sancuary. Can you hear me?"

I have an appointment with my daughter at 11 a.m. to go get my hair cut. I am taking a break right now. Headed for the shower and out of here once again. Everey one have a great day. The next time you hear from me I will have a bald head. I am gettiing a Pixie cut. Off! I want it all Off!.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #3675
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
Washed one too many dishes this weekend. My psoriasis is acting up, my hands are itchy and burning. This is no fun and I'm all out of gloves!
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #3676
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 19,002
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Washed one too many dishes this weekend. My psoriasis is acting up, my hands are itchy and burning. This is no fun and I'm all out of gloves!
(((Hugs)))
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #3677
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 20,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Washed one too many dishes this weekend. My psoriasis is acting up, my hands are itchy and burning. This is no fun and I'm all out of gloves!
I am with you on that one Snip. With all the stress I have been under, I have had a major outbreak. I was in remission, and the day I got the news about my daughter, my body reacted. Fortunately I am able to use Taclonex. It cost $503 a tube. My medical plan pays for it. I get two tubes a month.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #3678
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 37,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Washed one too many dishes this weekend. My psoriasis is acting up, my hands are itchy and burning. This is no fun and I'm all out of gloves!
Borage or grapeseed oil is good for that, rub it in.
__________________
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #3679
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Hugs)))
Thank you
__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #3680
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am with you on that one Snip. With all the stress I have been under, I have had a major outbreak. I was in remission, and the day I got the news about my daughter, my body reacted. Fortunately I am able to use Taclonex. It cost $503 a tube. My medical plan pays for it. I get two tubes a month.
Psoriasis is an expensive hobby can't afford the meds for it. My hands are the worst at the moment. Bleeding in the cracks. Stress seems to be my biggest trigger but working with bleach and strong chemicals doesn't help Just wish people would stop asking me if it's contageous! As you will know, it's not I'll get gloves again but they're out of stock. Latex gloves give me itchy blisters, I'll wait till they have my trusty yellow cotton lined variety
Gosh I am a mess
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.