"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #4611
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Mine used to be unlimited, then I ordered a defective MiFi from Verizon, and sent it back. Verizon is no longer unlimited.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 PM   #4612
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Oh boy am I glad that our internet plan is for unlimited.
Me too! One monthly flat fee for Internet. And then one for cable TV. I know exactly what my bill will be every month. Both are unlimited. The only additional costs would be on the cable end. For movies to purchase and other special shows. I am patient. Sooner or later every movie shows up on the small screen free.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #4613
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Grrrr. My in-fridge icemaker is not working. I've done the usual stuff, pulling it out, jamming it back in, jostling, poking, pleading and begging. I've flipped the on/off switch and let it sit for awhile.

Next I may have to do some electrical work, it's been awhile. I am not happy with my lukewarm, iceless screwdriver.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:09 PM   #4614
Master Chef

Time to go old-school with the ice trays, Dawg. IF you can find room in the freezer, that is! I'd be doomed right now if I had to make room. Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:18 PM   #4615
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Grrrr. My in-fridge icemaker is not working. I've done the usual stuff, pulling it out, jamming it back in, jostling, poking, pleading and begging. I've flipped the on/off switch and let it sit for awhile.

Next I may have to do some electrical work, it's been awhile. I am not happy with my lukewarm, iceless screwdriver.
That's no bueno, for sure! Hope you can get it fixed soon.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #4616
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Petty Vents

Thanks CG and Cheryl. I realize this, and I have no room in my freezer for anything.

Right now I'm having a glass of wine. I miss my screwdriver! With ice!

I will take that scoundrel apart, and find out why it's messing up! It will not beat me!
Old 09-09-2015, 11:24 AM   #4617
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post

Lets hope it's a simple remedy.Let Youtube be your guide

We just replaced ours glad to finally get that done.Just in time.Expected high today is 105.Low to medium 90's for the rest of the week.

Lets hope the repairman that I got up early for will have some good news about my dishwasher.If not maybe I'll call Whirlpool and ask them if replacing it would be cheaper than to have the repairman they chose to come out again next time something goes on it.They are really expensive.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #4618
Certified Pretend Chef

The ice maker in our old fridge failed twice so I too it out and used ice cube trays. Worked for us. Have since bought a new fridge and the ice maker works great so far.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #4619
Chef Extraordinaire

Petty Vent? I am not sure. Upset? You bet!

My granddaughter is a teller at a bank up on A1. Probably one of the busiest stretches of road in the state. No matter what you need, you will find it on that stretch of road.

Unfortunately they also have plenty of banks. And my granddaughter was the chosen teller to hold up today. Someone had to drive her home. She was shaking too bad to drive and couldn't stop crying. Understandably.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #4620
Certified Pretend Chef

I'm sorry to hear that, Addie. I'm glad she wasn't hurt.