"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-12-2015, 11:45 PM   #4651
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
FF, I myself an not a coffee devotee but DH is and he feels that the bolder the better and the hotter the water the better the coffee, in HIS opinion.

The thing about coffee is that the water needs to be FORCED through the grounds to make that 'perfect cup'. Such as with a French Press, same idea.
If your cup is like dirty water, you may want to look for a better brand of beans.
JMO
The K Cups are what I was referring to . No matter which one I've tried far too weak. It was created out here but PNW coffee lovers don't use them. We have 7 Starbucks within two miles, Dutch Bros., the Peets coffee places and numerous independent places. We grind our beans before brewing, dark roast usually Italian. I love the coffee we make. The joke locally is as soon as you finish one cup stop at the next corner and buy another!

Old 09-13-2015, 03:11 AM   #4652
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
well, FF, you enjoy your coffee your way
and we'll enjoy our's our way and
the world goes `round
let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Old 09-13-2015, 03:13 AM   #4653
Head Chef

Next Vent ...
Old 09-13-2015, 11:59 AM   #4654
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Okay, so for the past couple of years, DH and I have been visiting with Dear Niece-In-Law, she's such a doll!
Anywhos, she has a Keurig Coffee Maker and got my husband HOOKED on that style of coffee. So much so, that he asked Santa for one last year. (and yes, I realize the eco-pact of those stupid K-Cups, so much so that I use the re-fillable K-Cup, DH doesn't care for it).

So here's my vent:

I shopped around for sometime, looking for the prefect/best priced K-Cups that I could find. What I found is at Costco, Pacific Bold for approximately $0.03USD per cup. I've been buying this brand for about a year now.

The vent?
This most recent box of 100 count are EXPLODING in the machine!
As it shoots that super-heated water through the K-Cup, the foil top is blowing it's seam and making quite the mess.
Now mind you, it's not EVERY pod, but most.
We're just about done with this box, so I'm hoping that this was simply a fluke in the manufactoring, `cuz I've got three other boxes in my pantry that I hope I don't have to return, I don't thave the receipt from them!!!

Okay, I'll drop the mic now
If the tops are rounded and firm, push them onto the bottom pin until the bottom spike goes through, that will relieve the pressure. I got that tidbit from a Keurig rep when I had the same problem.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:40 PM   #4655
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
If the tops are rounded and firm, push them onto the bottom pin until the bottom spike goes through, that will relieve the pressure. I got that tidbit from a Keurig rep when I had the same problem.
OOHH!! Okay. I'll give that a try with DH evening cup. Mahalo PF!!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #4656
Head Chef

Petty Vent:

Got a text that DH's med refills were ready for pick up.

Now I may have made mention in the past that we live out in the sticks, ie-the drug store is 15 miles away, so I combined my trip to Walmart.

I go to the drug store first, as I'm going to buy ice cream at Wal-mart.
I give the nice young lady behind the counter my information and my credit card.
She hands me the injectables with no sharps
She says to me that it's now the stores policy that they must have a separate prescription for needles and syringes umm, sooooo how are we to administer the drug then?

So now I'm going to have to wait another week for the doctor's office to fax over a prescription for the needles and drive another 15 miles to pick them up.
Don't you think that the personnel who asked the doctor's office in the first place to refill this `script would have SAID that they needed two different `scripts in the first place ? I mean, I know they're young and inexperienced in life but really, really?
Old 09-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #4657
Head Chef

300 9" microwaveable paper plates that stick together. I have to pry them apart. They got pressed too much together.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #4658
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
OOHH!! Okay. I'll give that a try with DH evening cup. Mahalo PF!!
You are welcome.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #4659
Honey Badger

Hunted Again.

I thought sucker season was over already.It's been really quiet and peaceful around here for the last month.Until last night.

Here we go again.Neighbors long txt, about the neighborhood gossip that I could really care less about.She goes on with an attempt (gearing herself up) again to ask me to Mom sit probably.Or if I REALLY needed anything from them to txt back.That's not going to happen.

I didn't appreciate her snide comments about my garbage cans left on the street.Which was a total lie.The garbage man had refused to pick up my can.
They were brought back into the driveway.

She also commented on not being able to talk to as she put it (can't remember his name) when I saw him come home from work yesterday.

He's hiding out to.
Today I'll have to sneak out of the house again.
I just want to move.TODAY!!!
Old 09-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #4660
Master Chef

Wanna change neighbors, Munky? Won't be any better, but it will be different.

Our Monday viewing of the season premier of "Castle" was interspersed with checking outside our front door. Himself took a quick glance out the door's sidelight when he kept hearing car doors closing and an engine running. Says to me "that's a funny place to put your car". I checked, and then said "not when your car is black-and-white". We checked every commercial break to see what was happening, and except for a growing number of police cars and SUVs (maximum number at one time was 5), "Castle" was still looking like it was the more exciting option. Until the end of the outside drama: a male unrecognized by us was led to a cruiser in handcuffs and put into a car. I told Himself that was a good thing, since I actually was afraid that crime scene tape would be around the house right after a bus took a body to the morgue. I swear one of our neighbor's is going to kill the other before we move. I'm cheering for the husband to come out the survivor.