Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a migraine Monday, starting at supper time. The headache wasn't too bad. But, yesterday and today I am dealing with postdrome. I have headache off and on and I'm feeling fragile. So, though the headache is no worse than it was on Monday, it's bothering me more with my "fragility".

Had a migraine Monday, starting at supper time. The headache wasn't too bad. But, yesterday and today I am dealing with postdrome. I have headache off and on and I'm feeling fragile. So, though the headache is no worse than it was on Monday, it's bothering me more with my "fragility".

I hate that feeling :( Hope it goes away soon.

Just got back from Greeley, CO...another heart attack and stent placed. Okay, I have a broken heart and it needs to be babied...but dang it, we just went through this in October.

On the bright side...my health insurance deductible has been met for 2017.

So sorry you are going through this. Hope you'll be back to your old self again really soon!:flowers: Jo

Awe Princess,
I'm very sorry to hear you had to have another one. Let's hope it's the last one. Your needed around here. Are you ready to take it easy now? Or do I need to make a road trip and get all Badger on ya to rest?

BIG HUGGS:wub:
Feel better soon.

Munky.

Go get her Chef Munky. Remember how she fought for her DH. And take a look at how well he is doing. Now rest. We will all still be here when you are healthy enough. Good heavens, we just can't have this. I am sure you know that prayers are flying right now. And we all love you.

Awe Princess,
I'm very sorry to hear you had to have another one. Let's hope it's the last one. Your needed around here. Are you ready to take it easy now? Or do I need to make a road trip and get all Badger on ya to rest?

BIG HUGGS:wub:
Feel better soon.

Munky.

Yes, you will have to Badger me and make up the guest room yourself so you can settle in for the duration.

It never fails. Today I have an appointment for my monthly checkup. So as usual I took my daily shower last night, and set my hair.

I usually wear my hair in a pixie style. But my hairdresser has been sick for a couple of months. So it has grown so fast. It is past my shoulders. If I am not going anywhere I just wear it down straight and the front brushed back off my face. But since I have to go out today, of course it is going to rain all day.

I should check the weather forecast before I try to do anything with my hair.

The good news is that my hairdresser is back at work and is only taking certain customers. I happen to be one of them. But no transportation to get there. I hate this mop on top of my head.

Dang Rain!!!

I was about to fall asleep listening to TV on my pillow when a commercial from Waterpik came on. They had testimonials about how using their Waterpik eliminated "morning breath". "No more morning breath" she exclaims! Further on in that ad, another testimonial exclaims how nice and white her smile now looks, using Waterpik.

This instrument was never meant to do that kind of thing.

1.Morning breath is just something that happens. Waterpik can't do anything about that.
2.There's no way a stream of water has anything to do with whitening teeth.

To tell you the truth, I could hardly believe what I was watching. I thought Waterpik was a reputable product, lol.

Last edited:
I had to take my boss to the hospital for cataract surgery. I killed some time by wandering around at menards. Looking for some door latches for the smoker. Struck out on that. Then I decided I could make some chicken feeders out of PVC pipe. It took me an hour of putting pieces together. They got Y pipes and triple pipes 90 degrees 45s 60s. I finally did it simple. 5 ft long 3 inch pipe with 2 90s on the* bottom. A 5 ft chunk cost $6.80. A 10 ft piece cost $7.99. I got the bosses Caddy. A 10 footer ain't going in. And I'm not paying double for a pre cut piece. I put everything back. On my way out the light bulb came on. Hey dummy you are in a fracking hardware store. Go buy a saw and cut the 10 footer in half. Found a $5 hack saw. Went back and got all my pieces. Had a worker measure 5foot out and mark it for me. I Had to explain what I was doing twice before he got it. So I basically got a free saw and saved 2 bucks. Over buying 2 pre cut 5 footers. I've been wanting a new hack saw anyway.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I had to take my boss to the hospital for cataract surgery. I killed some time by wandering around at menards. Looking for some door latches for the smoker. Struck out on that. Then I decided I could make some chicken feeders out of PVC pipe. It took me an hour of putting pieces together. They got Y pipes and triple pipes 90 degrees 45s 60s. I finally did it simple. 5 ft long 3 inch pipe with 2 90s on the* bottom. A 5 ft chunk cost $6.80. A 10 ft piece cost $7.99. I got the bosses Caddy. A 10 footer ain't going in. And I'm not paying double for a pre cut piece. I put everything back. On my way out the light bulb came on. Hey dummy you are in a fracking hardware store. Go buy a saw and cut the 10 footer in half. Found a $5 hack saw. Went back and got all my pieces. Had a worker measure 5foot out and mark it for me. I Had to explain what I was doing twice before he got it. So I basically got a free saw and saved 2 bucks. Over buying 2 pre cut 5 footers. I've been wanting a new hack saw anyway.

I wish it had been that easy for me to get 6 2x6x8's home. Had them stuffed in the Subaru (no top rack), I felt like I was driving a log cabin. Hadn't planned on getting those, it just happened.

Farmer Jon .... Pictures please!!!! of the finished feeder.
Anything to keep them critters from wasting the feed!

Don't have chickens at the moment but yuh never know... might change my mind.

Princess you take care please, I know it's not easy but you do need to let your body mend. If not for yourself then for all the rest of us!!

Farmer Jon .... Pictures please!!!! of the finished feeder.
Anything to keep them critters from wasting the feed!

Don't have chickens at the moment but yuh never know... might change my mind.
This is one I made from a bucket. And a 3 inch 60 degree elbow. I had to trim a little off the end because I didn't think they could reach the feed. Glued it in with silicone. I will be putting this out this out tomorrow. If it works I will at least one maybe 2 More elbows in. Bucket was free. Elbow was just at 2 bucks with tax. However the hole saw cost $20. ( I charged it to the shop).
c45e021893158179f8d4ef789dcb8b55.jpg
96c30db4c9c7853bebaae12b1b43a1e2.jpg

I wish it had been that easy for me to get 6 2x6x8's home. Had them stuffed in the Subaru (no top rack), I felt like I was driving a log cabin. Hadn't planned on getting those, it just happened.

There was a guy who worked at a Home Depot type store that used to have customers come in and buy long pieces of board with no way to get them home. The funniest thing he said he saw was when someone opened the front windows of his car and then wrapped rope around and around through the open windows and over the lumber on top. When the (proud) customer was done, he went to get in his car and failed because, of course, he had tied his door shut. :ROFLMAO:

My petty vent for today is that I went to see the ophthalmologist (4th time in a month) and finally had my eyes dilated. It was an overcast day, so I thought I was home free. Uh-uh. Every car on the road had their headlights on. That's not my petty vent though.

My petty vent is I had my eyes dilated at 2:30 and it's now almost 6 hours later and they're still dilated and still blurry. Grrrrr......

I can only type here because I'm literally eyeball to eyeball with the monitor....

Last edited:

My petty vent is I had my eyes dilated at 2:30 and it's now almost 6 hours later and they're still dilated and still blurry. Grrrrr......

I can only type here because I'm literally eyeball to eyeball with the monitor....
I have to have my eyes dilated when I see my ophthalmologist once a year. They always tell me it will only last about an hour. Yeah, right. It almost always lasts about eight hours for me. I just give in and take the bus or a taxi there and a taxi home. If it's sunny out, just trying to walk to the bus stop is more than I can stand.

Back
Top Bottom