Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My health providers have a contract with that three letter pharmacy. Fine, so far. But should I go to the ER on the weekend or late evenings, and there is no three letter place open, all other pharmacies will refuse to fill it. Even if I tell them I am willing to pay for it. They will tell me to wait until morning and bring it to the three letter store.

The pharmacy that sends me all my meds right into my hand, is owned by my health plan. They do not fill scripts from the general public. And I am the only one who can sign for them. I get three separated doses of gabapentin a day. Since that drug has been declared a "street drug" now, it is in the same class as any other narcotic. At least in this state.

Pirate and myself know the two folks that make my deliveries. So they let him sign my name. Even though the instructions clearly state "to be signed ONLY by the patient these medicines are intended for." A lot of times I am sleeping when the delivery is made, and Pirate will not wake me up for the sole purpose of signing my name while I am half asleep.

The nice thing about my health plan, I get anything I want from them. Including OTC cold remedies and Eucerin Damaged Skin Cream. Products I could easily buy at any drugstore in the nation.

Last edited:
CVS also owns the company that delivers the meds to the facility...so many problems with them that I can't even begin to count.

We have 42 residents here. The majority of them get their scripts through the mail. The mail boxes are right next to the door. If I am down stairs and see a box, I know there are scripts in it. There have been a few times, that when the door is opened to let someone in or out, some dastardly drug addicts walk in as if they live here. Snatch the box of pills and off they go.

So now when I see a box sitting there, I grab it and bring it to the apartment. Some residents will bring it into the manager's office.

Drug store ownership changes make no difference to me as long as I can still get Thrifty's Black Cherry ice cream at Rite Aid.

I'm with you there, except my choice for decades has been rainbow sherbet.

We have only two big drug stores in town and after lots of trouble with CVS we switched to Rite Aid. The rainbow sherbet is a bonus. ;) :D

I don’t think I’ve had sherbet since I repatriated. The last time I remember was at a very upscale French restaurant in Japan; grapefruit sherbet served as a palate cleanser between courses.

I’ll have to get some!

I don’t think I’ve had sherbet since I repatriated. The last time I remember was at a very upscale French restaurant in Japan; grapefruit sherbet served as a palate cleanser between courses.

I’ll have to get some!

Joel, I know this is completely off topic, but I need to tell you about a wonderful smoothie blended with buttermilk and sherbet. Even if you don't like buttermilk you'll love it. I like the lime flavor best for this.

Ok folks, back to your regular programing. ;)

Last edited:
Joel, I know this is completely off topic, but I need to tell you about a wonderful smoothie blended with buttermilk and sherbet. Even if you don't like buttermilk you'll love it. I like the lime flavor best for this.

Ok folks, back to your regular programing. ;)
Sounds lovely! Bittermilk, sherbet, and what else?

Grrrr....

Totally P.O.'d right now. Drove past Himself's sis's house at the top of our street as I was coming home from running errands. Do you think she and her hubby could have given us a call before they put the danged For Sale sign in their yard? :glare: Do you think they'd let us know before every friggin' neighbor at the top of the street knew? :angry: It's days like this that make the very happy I'm an only child...

I shared something on Facebook. A family member argued with it. He used totally made up information. I was going to ignore it, because I know he invents facts. But, I don't want anyone to think it's true. So, I just asked where he got that number. There is no point in arguing because,

Attachments

• arguing with idiots.jpg
    arguing with idiots.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 118
Totally P.O.'d right now. Drove past Himself's sis's house at the top of our street as I was coming home from running errands. Do you think she and her hubby could have given us a call before they put the danged For Sale sign in their yard? :glare: Do you think they'd let us know before every friggin' neighbor at the top of the street knew? :angry: It's days like this that make the very happy I'm an only child...

Yeah, you'd think they might mention the possibility before it happens. I have a sister like that. See her one day and everything is fine, next day she's on the move to another town. Very wearing on a person.

lol - been there too. Best response is no response, if they bring the subject up - don't comment - don't react - change the subject...

Sounds like they are hoping for a quick sale and then sneak out of town in the middle of the night. Better hurry up and say your good bys now. ;)

No more "Grrrr"

Totally P.O.'d right now. Drove past Himself's sis's house at the top of our street as I was coming home from running errands. Do you think she and her hubby could have given us a call before they put the danged For Sale sign in their yard?...

Got a call from my SIL tonight. We're all good. If you want the full story, I posted it in the Thankfulness Club. After all, I'm very thankful that she wasn't mad at me and just wanted to slink out of town. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom