Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just checked, license renew next October. Must have a car, it's 10 miles to work and almost 50 miles to decent (inexpensive) shopping.

After all of the blowback you have received, you post THIS?

If he's talking about what I think he is, i.e. scooters that are just street use legal, they are called rice burners here by the weekend warrior motorcyclists (and I'm talking about people that ride a Harley or whatever the European bikes are) and it's generally old papas (i.e. old men) or, and I'm not sure how to put this nicely, quite odd or strange looking people (not of any particular ethnicity), and they are usually indecisive or hesitant drivers. The crotch rockets, fully powered motorcycles, which are also referred to as rice burners, are ridden almost entirely by young males of all ethnicities who tend to be very aggressive drivers.

Last edited:
I figure that its getting close to stop driving time for Jeannie and myself..

I do not want to be one of the so many old people I know of who insist that they drive perfectly well as they drive their fender scuffed car out of the garage which has dings on both sides of the door..

Its only my opinion but, the % of really good drivers in their 80's is small. I drove a lot when in sales, with an almost perfect driving record. I know I'm not as alert as I once was and will have no problem giving it up.

Circumstances vary but I know what we will save in the costs of car ownership, will buy a lot of professional rides..

Ross

While you're still driving is the time to test the feasibility of getting along with alternate transportation, grocery delivery, etc... Leave the car in the garage for a couple of months and see what if any problems you encounter.

If you decide to give up the car I think that it's still a good idea to keep your license up to date.

Good luck!

Serious petty vent about recent email spam I'm getting. Take note of the pic below and the sender and that little square. My Thunderbird will filter that particular sender, but that's all. On my spam filter, if I backspace out all but that little square and try and make Thunderbird screen it as spam...Thunderbird can't! I tried every possible way. Thunderbird forums were of no help either. What's more insidious is that that little square has zeros on top and 005 on the bottom. Spammers can change that tiny 005 to 006. Scary. I say scary because it almost demands Thunderbird update its dictionaries every day to keep up, almost like a virus scanner. I doubt Mozilla Thunderbird email wants to have to do that.

Untitled-spam.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, that terminated company duped Amazon and gave away email addresses of customers. Amazon informed customers that that company has been terminated. However, Amazon sent out millions of email warnings for that supposedly minor error on their part. Of which they refuse to talk about further. I heard a guy got fired tho.

Last edited:
A little tip... set up multiple email addresses, including some you only use when you have to enter an email address to access a web site.

I have a personal email address, and business email address, and three "spam dump" email addresses -- one in my dog's name. If I am forced to enter a name for some discount card, like my Kroger discount card, I use my dog's name, and email address.

I don't even look at my dog's email account, because I know everything in it is junk.

CD

Psycho poodle gets unbelievable savings coupons, like 75% off of Gucci and Louis, but noone gets to use them because he is more of a Hermes or Ferragamo kind of dog.

Last edited:
Psycho poodle gets unbelievable savings coupons, like 75% off of Gucci and Louis, but noone gets to use them because he is more of a Hermes or Ferragamo kind of dog.

He actually got a lot of home refinancing offers, but he doesn't care, since I pay for his housing... and food, medical, and everything else. :rolleyes:

CD

:mad::censored::angry: Shrek was never on my insurance, he was only ever listed as a beneficiary. Now my insurance is demanding a copy of his death certificate because I changed my beneficiary status to my brother. <spit> Like I'm not rolling in my sorrow enough at this time of year. :mad::censored::angry:

So funny! I haven't run into anyone else who set up an email account in the dog's name. I chuckle when I learn a specific bank has pre-approved my dog for a home loan.

The earlier posts about elderly drivers reminded me of this joke:

Two very senior little ladies were discussing the ravages that time had wrought on their bodies.

Said one "My arthritis has gotten so bad I can hardly grip anything, my cataracts seem to get worse every day, I have gout in my right leg, can't bend my knee and I can't hear anything.

But thank goodness I can still drive.

:mad::censored::angry: Shrek was never on my insurance, he was only ever listed as a beneficiary. Now my insurance is demanding a copy of his death certificate because I changed my beneficiary status to my brother. <spit> Like I'm not rolling in my sorrow enough at this time of year. :mad::censored::angry:
(((Hugs PF)))

Well, phooey on that. How is that even any of their business? Aren't you allowed to change the beneficiary just because you want to?

{{{{PF}}}} I was on DH's insurance when he died. I had no problem changing benefiary to my brother for my finances though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom