"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #811
Executive Chef

Thanks everyone for the support. I will need to go to REI and get the inserts for my shoes. I got some cheaper ones at Walgreens yesterday, and they helped somewhat. I love riding my bike, but I don't have a stationary bike to ride. The water exercise is a great idea, but I'm not sure where to go. I will have to look into it. Today's petty vent is that I slipped on the ice this morning and fell. At first all that hurt was my hands, but now I am starting to have more pain in other parts of my body. I will take more Aleve before going to bed tonight and see what the morning brings. Sorry to be so down, but pain does that to me.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #812
Certified Pretend Chef

My slip and fall on ice a few years ago resulted in a broken wrist and tailbone. Don't hesitate to get it checked out.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #813
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have Forecastfox on my desktop...I can just glance down at it.
I have what they call a 'Gadget' on my desktop. It is tied directly to the Weather Bureau at Logan Airport. Everytime the WB updates the gadget goes blank. The first time it ever did that, I thought my computer was crashing. It shows what it is doing outside at that very moment and the temp. It also give a pictorial view of the next three days with the same info.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #814
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
My slip and fall on ice a few years ago resulted in a broken wrist and tailbone. Don't hesitate to get it checked out.
Thanks Andy. I think I am ok, but just sore. I did file a report at work in case anything becomes of it later. I fell I n the parking lot of one of the schools. A co-worker had just said that it was really slick and I was being careful, and still went right down! Boy did I feel stupid!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #815
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Ditto here. You can't always tell when you have a hairline fracture. You don't want to cause more damage. Wouldn't you rather take an hour or two out of your day to get it checked, than months of healing from an aggravated injury? Come tomorrow, don't mask the pain too much or you may not recognize that something is really wrong.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #816
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Thanks everyone for the support. I will need to go to REI and get the inserts for my shoes. I got some cheaper ones at Walgreens yesterday, and they helped somewhat. I love riding my bike, but I don't have a stationary bike to ride. The water exercise is a great idea, but I'm not sure where to go. I will have to look into it. Today's petty vent is that I slipped on the ice this morning and fell. At first all that hurt was my hands, but now I am starting to have more pain in other parts of my body. I will take more Aleve before going to bed tonight and see what the morning brings. Sorry to be so down, but pain does that to me.
Sorry you fell, ouch! Take it easy. There should be some nice Gyms in your area I just found 20 of them and didn't look at anymore pages. I just typed in your town and pools gyms.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #817
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Gah! Chopper, you might want to get an x-ray. I've had broken bones in my wrist, foot, ankle, when the doc had said "no way" on first inspection, and lo and behold, there was a fracture. Only way to find out for sure is an x-ray.

Wowza, our DC crew is sure getting up there on the injuries! Please be careful on the ice!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #818
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
(((Hugs))) Chopper. Here's hoping it's just bruises and not bad ones.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #819
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post

The issue was that the store doesn't have the codes for the manufacturer coupons. She tried to scan some, but they weren't recognized, even though they were valid coupons. I'm sure she wishes she could just scan them and let the computer decide if they were different coupons or not! It would make her life so much easier lol. I just got into printing manufacturer coupons, and I will probably never go back there with them... I really don't want to be a bother, but I saved a ton of money!! I only used my coupons for items that were also on sale, so I got a double discount (the normal sale price is not included in the $60 I saved, although the store coupons I used are included). I still have about half my manufacturer coupons, which I hope to use at another store when those items are on sale. I also made a list of things that I noticed were on sale, to go look online for manufacturer coupons. I'm obsessed.
Here's something I bet you didn't know... I work for a large grocery chain, the coupons are shoved in a bag and sent away for processing. There is an acceptable margin of error. It would be nearly impossible to tell who rung a coupon wrong. With that said, if she has made a habit of sliding coupons for friends just to put money in their pocket, they may be watching her, and scrutinizing her drawer.

Neither situation has anything to do with you. I'd call the manager and let them know that you were treated badly.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #820
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Powerstep inserts are awesome, I got mine from amazon. They improved my plantar fasciitis at least 90% they lasted for years in my work shoes. I don't even need them in my work shoes anymore. I just remember not to go barefoot, that's when the plantar fasciitis let's me know that it is still there!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote