Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just tried to make some warm milk in the microwave and it won't go on!!!!!!!!!!
What on earth I'm I gonna do without my microwave, this sucks?!
Can't afford to fix or replace it :(

Just tried to make some warm milk in the microwave and it won't go on!!!!!!!!!!
What on earth I'm I gonna do without my microwave, this sucks?!
Can't afford to fix or replace it :(
Does it show the time? Is there a fuse or circuit breaker somewhere that could be causing the problem? Is it on a power bar with a circuit breaker and/or an off switch?

Does it show the time? Is there a fuse or circuit breaker somewhere that could be causing the problem? Is it on a power bar with a circuit breaker and/or an off switch?

The light still goes on, it shows zero as always but when I push the buttons nothing happens. The cover over the buttons looks a bit loose, like liquid went in there. This is a nightmare to me, we use our microwave a lot. I heat leftovers for the kids. I also have to heat our food at different times since we don't always eat together.

The light still goes on, it shows zero as always but when I push the buttons nothing happens. The cover over the buttons looks a bit loose, like liquid went in there. This is a nightmare to me, we use our microwave a lot. I heat leftovers for the kids. I also have to heat our food at different times since we don't always eat together.
Bummer. My microwave died a few weeks ago (I have a new one, now.) and I hadn't realized how often we use our microwave. Stirling said it was like Gilligan's Island. :LOL: You sure do miss it when you don't have one.

Bummer. My microwave died a few weeks ago (I have a new one, now.) and I hadn't realized how often we use our microwave. Stirling said it was like Gilligan's Island. :LOL: You sure do miss it when you don't have one.

I'm fully aware of how much I use mine :( Hopefully whatever's in there dries up. I tried it this morning and it worked once but now it's stopped again!

The urge to kill is once again very strong. It almost 11 p.m. I have been trying to reach Son #1. Two cell phones and a landline. He hasn't been answering any of my calls. Did he have another heart attack? Is he in the hospital, What about Teddy? I have been trying to reach him since six this evening. I am a nervous wreck.

He was sleeping and eating supper. Didn't feel like talking on the phone. Give me the heart attack. KILL!!!:wacko::wacko: I was going to get dressed and go to his house at this hour. :angel:

I had one of those Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Days. :grumble:

Last edited:
Katie H said:
Sorry, Dawg. My day was pretty crappy, pain-wise. The knee replacement isn't coming any too soon.

Thanks TL and Katie.

Oh Katie, sure hope you can get some relief soon!

Last edited:
This may be addressed elsewhere, but just want to express my disappointment in the revelations about Lance Armstrong's bicycling downfall. What a waste of his talents and energy all this time. So sad that he felt he had to resort to cheating and apparently took lots of others along with him. Phooey. I was joking about it yesterday, but on reflection don't think there's much funny about it.

My legs have been hurting all day but I didn't think much of it. A few minutes ago I went to put my PJ's on and noticed they are swollen, almost twice the normal size.
My calves mostly. Wonder what brought this on !?
My legs have been swollen before but never this bad.

This may be addressed elsewhere, but just want to express my disappointment in the revelations about Lance Armstrong's bicycling downfall. What a waste of his talents and energy all this time. So sad that he felt he had to resort to cheating and apparently took lots of others along with him. Phooey. I was joking about it yesterday, but on reflection don't think there's much funny about it.

What the news doesn't tell you is that his "team" is also banned from competitive cycling. They have lost their souce of income. His sponsors spent a lot of money on him. They too now have a black eye. And donations for his Foundation has dropped considerably. He had to step down because of the black name his presence was giving it. The ripple effect just keeps growing. :angel:

The use of PEDs in professional sports used to anger and surprise me. Now it just saddens me. My assumption is, I would not be surprised by any athlete's being caught using them - bar none.

My shoulder hurts, and because it hurts I've been moving my arm differently and lifting things oddly. Now my elbow hurts too. CRAP!!!

I changed the sheets on my bed this morning and couldn't find the matching pillowcases! I usually fold them and put them between the folded bottom sheet and folded top sheet so I have the set all together but I don't know where they went. So I had to go into my spare pillow cases and find ones that won't look too awful with my new quilt.

Back
Top Bottom