Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the replies.

This makes sense: How to Dry Out a Cell Phone - Fix a Wet Cell Phone - Popular Mechanics

Any rice should work. Did you take the battery out?

I knew there was a reason I always save those antidessicant packets.
Yup, took out the battery and the SIM card. They are in the plastic container, buried in the rice too.

Thanks for the link. I already read that one.
Bummer! I don't know for sure, but I would think it would work the same. They're both dry so they would absorb the moisture.
That's what I'm hoping. I have a friend who uses moisture sensitive hearing aids and he puts them in brown rice over night and hasn't had any problems with moisture since.

Thanks for the replies.

Yup, took out the battery and the SIM card. They are in the plastic container, buried in the rice too.

Thanks for the link. I already read that one.

That's what I'm hoping. I have a friend who uses moisture sensitive hearing aids and he puts them in brown rice over night and hasn't had any problems with moisture since.
Mine fell in Horse's water bucket and never recovered. Fortunately it was cheap pay-as-you-go one as I have a history with lost and trodden on mobile phones.

Woohoo! Phone seems to working fine now.

You are so lucky Taxlady! My I phone went for a swim in the toilet last year and it never recovered even though I took out the battery and sun card and plunged all into rice immediately! Mine fell out of my back pocket after my "sit down" :0

You are so lucky Taxlady! My I phone went for a swim in the toilet last year and it never recovered even though I took out the battery and sun card and plunged all into rice immediately! Mine fell out of my back pocket after my "sit down" :0
Bummer. I have been told that you should flush (no pun intended) the phone with alcohol and then put it in the rice. If it goes in salt water or chlorinated water, flush with distilled water, then alcohol, then rice.

I've seen people walking around with phones in their back pockets and it always struck me as extremely risky. It could easily fall out when sitting down anywhere, or be stolen - pickpockets are very good at what they do.

I have a Hip Klip I wear when my phone is not in my purse: Hip Klip

Phone in the back pocket I think is more of a fashion statement to many, both men and women. Couple of my co-workers, both women, carry their Iphones in their back pockets of their jeans. I think they look cool. :)

My iPhone gets buried in my purse. When it rings, I have to do a frantic scramble and root, and when I finally find it, the ringing has stopped, and I have to call the person back. Need to find a better system.

I do love my Sci Fi ring tone though. Nice and eery.

Last edited:
Phone in the back pocket I think is more of a fashion statement to many, both men and women. Couple of my co-workers, both women, carry their Iphones in their back pockets of their jeans. I think they look cool. :)

Lol! I don't do it to look cool, I usually only use my back pocket around the house, as my daughter texts me on and off all weekend. I sometimes do it on casual days at work if I have to run around to different parts if the building and am expecting an important call. Believe me I learned my lesson and always remember to take it out of my pocket before visiting the Biffy. ;)

GG, the Hip Klip is a neat idea, but I'm not sure I would feel much safer using it when traveling. I would hate to be standing there in my Underoos after a thief tried to yank it off my hip.
;)

Last edited:
Lol! I don't do it to look cool, I usually only use my back pocket around the house, as my daughter texts me on and off all weekend. I sometimes do it on casual days at work if I have to run around to different parts if the building and am expecting an important call. Believe me I learned my lesson and always remember to take it out of my pocket before visiting the Biffy. ;)

GG, the Hip Klip is a neat idea, but I'm not sure I would feel much safer using it when traveling. I would hate to be standing there in my Underoos after a thief tried to yank it off my hip.
;)

I don't use it when traveling, or shopping, usually. My purse has a slot for my phone. I do bring it with me when I travel, though. I use it when I'm in the house or the yard or the porch or volunteering... ;) I always have it with me, so I can answer it or look something up whenever I want, but I don't have to worry about leaving it somewhere.

I'm not surprised that a guy would like something that draws attention to women's derrieres :ermm::ROFLMAO: That doesn't make it a fashion statement, though. I think it's just easy and thoughtless.

I have a friend whose 20-something daughter ruined a phone because she had a habit of laying it across the top of a glass of water. No one knows why. Of course it fell in one day. Thoughtless.

It is cool as long as it doesn't fall out or a pickpocket doesn't lift it. Then how cool is it? And the reason for the back pocket is not necessarily for statement making, but try sitting with your phone in your front pocket of your jeans. I am not interested in being or looking cool. I am interested in common sense and protecting my belongings that are expensive to replace. :angel:

Last edited:
I have to carry my purse as I have a vial of nitro spray that I carry around all the time. I have a small pocket on the front of my purse that my phone goes into all the time. I have it set on vibe as well as loud ring. But I love the Hip Klip. Sent the site to my daughter. She is always and forever searching for her phone. And If I get the larger one, I can fit the small vial in it along with some cash, my ID and my phone. Thank you for the info. Great friends here and I luv every one of you. Makes my life so much easier. :angel:

I'm not what anyone would call petite. If I sat down with a smartphone in my back pocket, it wouldn't survive.

I have to carry my purse as I have a vial of nitro spray that I carry around all the time. I have a small pocket on the front of my purse that my phone goes into all the time. I have it set on vibe as well as loud ring. But I love the Hip Klip. Sent the site to my daughter. She is always and forever searching for her phone. And If I get the larger one, I can fit the small vial in it along with some cash, my ID and my phone. Thank you for the info. Great friends here and I luv every one of you. Makes my life so much easier. :angel:

Glad to be of help :) When I was working and helped out with events, it was really nice to have my phone and keys with me and leave my purse locked in my car. And of course, now my phone goes with me everywhere.

I have a Big Shirt with a pocket on the breast. I used to wear it only when I was flying. Easy to keep my ID in there and grab it. Now it would be good to carry my cell in also as the pocket has a button on it. So the phone won't fall out. Will have to drag it out and start wearing it again this winter since I no longer fly or travel. But I am opting for the Hip Klip also. :angel:

I stuff mine down the front of my sports bra when I walk Beagle. With earbuds, so I look like an alien.

I had my phone in this, on my shoulder, across my chest, when it hopped into the toilet. That's the phone, in its case, in the whatever-you-call it.

Attachments

• IMG_3357.jpg
    IMG_3357.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 149
Back
Top Bottom