Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! And remember, I'll bring my own trash can. I'll bring Addie with me also!

You'll be giving up on me after 6 days.

With love,
~Cat

It's a very good idea to take Addie with you. Put her IN the trash can.....and make sure she doesn't have internet access! LOL

Revenge is so sweet!! (now I'm the one running!)

Another time you might want to say, "I'm chauffeuring a handicapped person."

The man who made the comment might have a reason to feel snarky about someone apparently not handicapped taking a handicapped spot. Maybe he is handicapped and he has not been able to get a spot because able bodied people took the spot. Or it could be his friends or family who have had that problem. Letting someone know that you aren't doing that might make them feel better.

That's a good way to look at the situation. Take a negative and turn it into a positive :)

GG, Cat is very much like me. Flares up with anger, gets over it out of her system and over it, then goes on. She is always looking for the good side to a situation. And she finds it. :angel:

Yes, Cat, I knew you were adopted, but it slipped my mind.

It slips everyone's mind here. It is not the big deal here that it is in Romania. There is such a shortage of adoptable babies in this country, that a lot of Americans have been forced to look overseas for a child to adopt. The one thing Americans can't bear is to think of is that there is a child in this world who is not loved and part of a family.

We have an organization here is Boston called, "The Home for Little Wanderers." It started out as an orphanage many, many decades ago. Now it is a group home for children waiting to find a foster home until they can be adopted. They are mostly children six y. o. and up. They very rarely have any babies anymore. And certainly no orphans. When my kids were really small, I was rushed to the hospital in the middle of the night. The police brought them there and they stayed for a week. To this day, I send an unwrapped present to them at Christmas. Spike or my daughter just drop it off at the front desk for me. No name left. Just a drop off. :angel:

GG, Cat is very much like me. Flares up with anger, gets over it out of her system and over it, then goes on. She is always looking for the good side to a situation. And she finds it. :angel:

Oh Addie! You are so very correct! I didn't know you knew this about me! Mamma always says to me, "Live and learn, Cat. Some people just live." And she is also very correct.

Now I'm feeling badly for this man. And it was also my fault. I didn't know what to say. I was worried because DA was so very tired and, yes, she had the electric sit-down cart but she still becomes very tired after shopping.

The man saw a healthy young woman run to a car parked in the handicap space. He may have seen abuses of the handicap spaces before and even, perhaps, had to park somewhere else. He was old and used a cane.

He had no understanding of my motives for parking there, and so, it's not his fault.

For the next time this happens, I'll speak up and reassure someone that I am not abusing this privilege.

With love,
~Cat

Don't fee bad Cat. You were surprised and you had no experience with this sort of thing. We have all been in that situation. The older you get the more things happen that you can learn from and have a handy answer the next time.

Just got laid off :mellow:. WELL ... I will be around to cook BUT not sure what I will be cooking as I was buying the food stuffs. LOL Good and bad hand in hand.

Don't fee bad Cat. You were surprised and you had no experience with this sort of thing. We have all been in that situation. The older you get the more things happen that you can learn from and have a handy answer the next time.

+1. Misunderstandings happen all the time. All we can do is try to do better next time.

There might be places near you that are hiring extra employees for the holidays. Is that something you might want to try?

I can't do stand up jobs. I need something like a call center/customer service. I won't really mind being off for the holidays. I am going to doctors for my hands at the moment so I won't have to worry about missing work. Paying bills and food shopping will be the problem.

Just got laid off :mellow:. WELL ... I will be around to cook BUT not sure what I will be cooking as I was buying the food stuffs. LOL Good and bad hand in hand.

Oh crap, MsM. So sorry!

You have a great attitude, sure hope you can get a job after the holidays!

{{{{MsM}}}}

The man saw a healthy young woman run to a car parked in the handicap space. He may have seen abuses of the handicap spaces before and even, perhaps, had to park somewhere else. He was old and used a cane.

He had no understanding of my motives for parking there, and so, it's not his fault.

With love,
~Cat

I disagree here, Cat. One thing we all must learn is that things are not always what we think they are. He was rude to make that comment without knowing the whole story. You did nothing wrong and owed him no explanation. You did the best thing you could have done and that was to say nothing.

I am sorry you got laid off. I know it is a hard time to go through. But like you said, there is always cooking. Food has a way of calming us.

And this may be a cooking/food forum, but it is also a forum of friends. Like Cat has said, "This is the best place on the Internet to be." And she is right. :angel:

I disagree here, Cat. One thing we all must learn is that things are not always what we think they are. He was rude to make that comment without knowing the whole story. You did nothing wrong and owed him no explanation. You did the best thing you could have done and that was to say nothing.
I agree that Cat did nothing wrong.

However, how will he learn if he doesn't know he made a mistake? He will just go on thinking that "young people are so inconsiderate nowadays".

I agree that Cat did nothing wrong.

However, how will he learn if he doesn't know he made a mistake? He will just go on thinking that "young people are so inconsiderate nowadays".

I see your point, but even an explanation might not change his way of thinking. He could come back with another rude comment and a shouting match would begin. I would just walk away without a comment.

Petty vent for today is my toilet. It is very low. Which is good as a rule for me. Being short, I don't need a spring board to get on it. (Have you ever noticed how high those handicap one are?) But now I have to use just one leg to get up. I can't put any weight on my broken foot, so my good side gets to do all the work. And the muscles are not used to doing so much work, getting me up and down. They are tired and getting up from the toilet is the hardest. I suppose I could sit on it all day and save me some muscle using. But that doesn't sound like a possibility. I don't want to eat my meals in there. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom