"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
Executive Chef

texasgirl, the one comment reminds me of the quote,'apple not falling far from the tree'? If she doesn't sound like you! something your grandkids? will be saying about you? Lot of love between you two. Just hope and pray, as you said, life will be gentle with her. I seem to like that kind of spirit the best, not one who gives up w/o an opinion about it.

Stick close to her and you can be sure she will be in my thoughts and prayers. Both of you will be. I hope you can spend time with her now. I am sure you will try. Please keep in touch and let us know what is going on. As I have said once before, I count on you! Take care of yourself too.

Thanks for sharing with us. I just wish I could visit her to let her know I care too.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #22
Head Chef

If you know the "thread that keeps us together" exists, then you'll pick it up and become its keeper. Not because it's your job, or because you have to, or for any of those other myriad of reasons to feel obligated to do so. We pick it up because its the right and good thing to do.

Peace to everyone. Especially to your Gra'ma (oy, it makes me want to cry just typing this). [Breathe deeply. And again.] I wish her well on her journeys. And I wish you well on your new path.

Much love and strength to you, TG.

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote