"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #191
Sous Chef

Thank you Kades. If I hug Tara anymore people will think she's abused!! Especially after Jim's arm starts to turn!?! I think I need some place to hide til the heat is off!!

Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #192
Executive Chef

Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry for more complications. I thought we hadn't heard anything recently.
You all have suffered enough, already. But that you are all close is what matters most. {{hugs and prayers}} as always.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #193
Master Chef

I just went to the end of this thread so I don't know what's been posted..........prayers coming your way Dawn and I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's kidney problems......if worse comes to worse and it's necessary maybe he would be qualified to get a transplant...........perhaps a family member..........you will be in my prayers........don't know if transplant has been discussed as I zoomed to the end........
Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #194
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
I just went to the end of this thread so I don't know what's been posted..........prayers coming your way Dawn and I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's kidney problems......if worse comes to worse and it's necessary maybe he would be qualified to get a transplant...........perhaps a family member..........you will be in my prayers........don't know if transplant has been discussed as I zoomed to the end........
Deb, he has been ok'd for a transplant and daughter is a good match..it's just that the tech blew the access in his arm and now he has to get a temp one in his neck or collar bone area..I just was telling Dawn I'd had that and it was great and easy to put in and take our just an injection to numb you and the worst of it was the sound as they put it in...Once his arm heals they can go ahead with the transplant... My only concern is if he was told that that fistula in his arm will always be there, they will not remove them.. Which I can see why but you need to be told ahead of time..People don't know what to ask at that stage, your to busy wondering how this all happened to you .

Nuts, I hope all goes well now
kadesl
Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #195
Executive Chef

reading this for the first time, just prayed for you and your husband.
these kidneys are so very important to our health and lifestyle and with so many kidney diseases, so many are suffering.
I myself am one of those.

be well and your husband too.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:13 AM   #196
Sous Chef

Thank you all, I just had to check in here for a dose of sanity!!! Lately life has been a funny farm, and I just can't seem to laugh.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #197
Executive Chef

I just prayed for you and your family, please, let one smile in, it helps heal the heart..........
Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 PM   #198
Head Chef

Dawn, I haven't been very active lately, and just came back to find that your troubles continue. I would not presume to say that I know how you feel, but thank goodness there are kind and loving people here who can give you good advice and sound guidance. I pray that you are heading toward the light at the end of the long dark tunnel you have been traveling through, and hope that you are being kind to yourself....I do know that providing so much emotional support to the rest of your family is exhausting, so please cut yourself a little slack and go pull the covers over your head for awhile if you need to.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:23 AM   #199
Executive Chef

Hi Dawn. Haven't been around for a while. Think I emailed you at the time but wouldn't swear to it. Hope all is now well. I have so many of those Hickman lines in my jugulars that I have lost track!! A small word of warning to you though to make sure they are removed professionally. My left jugular collapsed after one was removed years ago. No real consequence in one sense other than my left side of my body now looks a bit like a relief map, with my veins subbing for rivers! The problem I have is only if my other jugular is obstructed but I just keep more of an eye on that one. Should the jugular collapse, I would recommend going straight to a surgeon to have a stent installed (or whatever). It is a quick and easy fix to do it early but a huge task to do later on - like my situation.

Fistulas get blown a lot. Sometimes it is poor technique, sometimes it's just one of those things.

Do you have a transplant date fixed yet?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #200
Sous Chef

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, it's been crazy between home and school. We go to talk to the surgical team on the 18th of this month to see when in January the surgery will be. Now all I have to do is get through the holidays without too much happening. Jim is doing much better with dialysis now that they have him regulated. No headaches or vomiting, and can drive himself there and go to work afterwards. His job has been very supportive, along with mine. We are both very blessed.

I hope everyone in my DC family is and will be as blessed as my family and I am this year and next. Hugs and Kisses, Prayers and Best Wishes, Dawn T :>)