Prayers and/or best wishes needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was he affected by Sandy Claire? If he was or not it doesn't matter, prayers are on the way for him.

I'm very concerned for our Bucky Tom here. I know he lives in New Jersey and I hope he and his lovely family are safe and sound, although New Jersey is in really bad shape. Steve's sister lives in Long Island and we have spoken by cell phone with her. They are without power since it began, isolated and cold. I wish we could help them.

Got a call that my father is in rough shape. One of those things where he could live 'til tomorrow, could live for two years. Send thoughts his way.

So sorry to hear this Claire, best wishes and I am thinking of you both

Claire, my heart and prayers go out to you and your father. I know what you're going through as I have lost my father, mother, and step-father. I was able to take solace in the belief that we will be together again, one day. I believe that so strongly.

I pray that your father will do well, and that whatever happens, you are blessed with the strength and support to get through it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Got a call that my father is in rough shape. One of those things where he could live 'til tomorrow, could live for two years. Send thoughts his way.
Will keep sending good thoughts and prayers his way.
kadesma

Claire, my thoughts are with you all!

The snow stopped here around 26 inches, I was fortunate to keep my power but every single therapist I work with besides 1 other has none. They have been miserable in the cold weather. It actually started to get a bit sunny today but that will bring flooding (maybe ice tonight!) and quite a few people still have their food out in the snow. My water is getting clearer but we are still under a boil water advisory.. (which I can live with). I chose to bathe in semi contaminated water instead of going to work stinky!

I am also anxious to hear from BuckyTom and all the others to know they are safe.

Claire, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just got word that our former Pastor and family, who returned to the New York area a few years ago, are safe. Their house is fine; however the roads are in rough shape and they have been without power for several days.

My heart aches for all those who have been affected by Sandy in one way or another. We complain about the weather here, but don't have the same worries as many.
:ermm: Okay, maybe the odd earthquake or tsunami! :wacko: But we were safe this time!

... yes, my prayers go out to those in the northeast. Hope all is well there. Today or tomorrow I'll call my family and find the latest. It would help if I'd get a bill for my surgery. It looks to be $22,000 and my insurance is balking at paying. My family doesn't want me to come down yet. I am the last resort, thank heaven.

Claire said:
... yes, my prayers go out to those in the northeast. Hope all is well there. Today or tomorrow I'll call my family and find the latest. It would help if I'd get a bill for my surgery. It looks to be $22,000 and my insurance is balking at paying. My family doesn't want me to come down yet. I am the last resort, thank heaven.

Praying that your insurance will pick up the bill. That is why you buy insurance. I hope they at least pick up the bulk of it.

Anyone hear from Bucky yet. He's gotta be one of those who are still waiting for power to be restored. My prayers still go out to him, his family, and everyone else on the coast.

I heard on the radio this morning that there's a Nor'easter heading for the coast. I hope it stays north of the areas hit by Sandy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My prayers to you & your father Claire. I will keep positive thoughts as well during this difficult time.

Watching the CNN news the aftermath of the hurricane are so devastating. I will continue to pray for all the families affected.

I had a rough day. I got a call from a nurse at his hospital, talked to Mom. He isn't expected to live through the night. Because I'm the eldest, Mom assigned me to call my little sisters. I done well, I live way too far away, but my sibs within driving distance were there when I called. I won't be able to be there to say good-bye, but I forced myself to call and say good bye. So many tears have been shed, and I've called and cancelled all holiday plans. Told Mom I'd fix Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sitting here wondering when I'm going to get "the call". I have one sister I cannot get ahold of. For those of you who need a kick in the fanny, Puh-leeze let your family know when you change phone numbers. I know that nowadays people change phone numbers more often than they change underwear. My father will die tonight, and his favorite daughter won't be there because she can't let us know her phone number!

Claire said:
I had a rough day. I got a call from a nurse at his hospital, talked to Mom. He isn't expected to live through the night. Because I'm the eldest, Mom assigned me to call my little sisters. I done well, I live way too far away, but my sibs within driving distance were there when I called. I won't be able to be there to say good-bye, but I forced myself to call and say good bye. So many tears have been shed, and I've called and cancelled all holiday plans. Told Mom I'd fix Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sitting here wondering when I'm going to get "the call". I have one sister I cannot get ahold of. For those of you who need a kick in the fanny, Puh-leeze let your family know when you change phone numbers. I know that nowadays people change phone numbers more often than they change underwear. My father will die tonight, and his favorite daughter won't be there because she can't let us know her phone number!

Oh Claire, {{{{hugs}}}}}. My sincerest condolences.

Stay strong, Sweetie.

Dearest Claire,
Prayers going out to you and your family. I know how hard it is to be far away. I hope someone can get ahold of your sister. May your memories comfort you.

Claire, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Waiting to hear is the worst. My heart goes out to you. Please know we are all here whenever you need us. I hope that you have been successful contacting your sister and that your family can all support each other. {{{{{{Claire}}}}}

Back
Top Bottom