Pregnancy thread for Mrs Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Hey Mrsmac, just wanted to answer your question from your other thread about folks having surgery while pregnant. I know someone who had gall bladder surgery when she was about 30 - 35 weeks pregnant (can't remember which week it was sorry!) and mom and baby did just fine! She told me she thinks she healed faster because of being pregnant, but that could be because she was just so danged relieved not to be in pain anymore.

The only surgeries I had while pregnant made me UNpregnant! And Lordy was I glad to have that happen.

Hope this thread fills a gap for you, sounds like your other BB is full of goofballs.

Thanks Alix. Its funny everyone keeps telling me how fit and well I look, I think its all the enforced rest, I haven't done much at all for nearly 5 weeks now. The baby will probably be huge!!! (The first two were both 8.5lbs so I dread to think how big this one could be)

I am surprised how well I am keeping the secret cause I'm hopeless with secrets! 14yr old can't understand why i won't tell her, I pointed out that secrets and teenage girls usually don't go together!

We tried to keep it a secret too. I was the one who accidently blew it. I was talking to my parents and said something like we are going out shopping for her crib. They didn't even pick up on what I said, but right after it I started saying "I can't believe I just blew it". They figured it out real quick after that lol.

I was lucky when Carson, Ethan and Olivia were on the way, both my girls had sonograms and I was with them..What joy to see those precious angels like that. Ethan turned himself so that he was facing us like looking in the camera..At that time I had no idea that he would be this big eyed beautiful dark haired boy. I just knew that my heart felt 3 times it size and I wanted to hold him. Either way knowing or not knowing, the thought of a warm sweet baby in your life is heaven.

kadesma

We never wanted to know what we were having we figured it was part of the fun in being pregnant!!I was an ob nurse at the time and it used to kill everybody that I wouldn't let the ob or the tech just take a look!!Back when I was expecting Jymm was like the dinosaur age of ultrasound-(he would have been 24)so there wasn't a choice in the matter. Dennis on the other hand, we had a new machine in the office and the doctors- always wanted to "play" photographer and the pictures were so fuzzy you couldn't see anything anyway- Dennis was also a month premature and when he was born he was so hairy he looked like a delivery from the Bronx Zoo!!!He was as fuzzy as the sonogram pictures predicted!!Scary stuff!Now Miss Kiersten was born on her due date exactly-my water broke at 12 am on the actual date because of course I had to prove my ob/boss wrong when he had stated the day before-Nobody delivers on their due date -the kid even rose to a challenge in utero!!
ANYWAY Mrsmac- wishing you all the best with whatever Babymac is and hope you keep us informed of your progress!!!!

Is there anything that anyone misses that came with pregnancy?
I miss the movement!! I felt completely empty when mine were born and didn't feel that anymore.

texasgirl said:
Is there anything that anyone misses that came with pregnancy?
I miss the movement!! I felt completely empty when mine were born and didn't feel that anymore.
I miss that, and the closeness I felt with my little bump... :)

Texasgirl, I miss the movement too (except in the middle of the night and the kicking on the bladder!). I loved feeling my baby inside of me. I found out the sex of both my kids - tried to keep it a secret for the first one but slipped like GB. The first half of my second pregnancy, I just assumed it was a girl - I knew nothing else. Didn't look at boy stuff, didn't think of boy names - nothing. And when those magic words came "Looks like we got a boy here" I was completely shocked. "I don't know how to do boys" I said. That night and for days - no weeks afterwards, I just couldn't get used to the fact that I had a member of the oposite sex inside of me all day every day!

I had two wonderful pregnancies - was in better shape than I am now - felt great - and had two planned c-sections (breech) - so no labor pains, not even a one. I loved being pregnant and miss it sometimes.

I didn't have labor pains either. I had alot of back pain though. But the pain from the c-section was no walk in the the park.

I had my tubes tied and untied, and both of those surgies were yucky, I can't imagine the pain you ladies with c-sections went thru... your tough!!! :)

I really love how you get to know their personalities a bit just by what they are like in utero. This baby is a lot more snuggly and friendlier than DD2 who spent her whole time either hiding from DH if he put his hand near me, or kicking him violently when she got too big to hide! Bubs also liks hearing Erin read her home reader or me read to it. When I was still at work bubby slept the whole time we were in class despite me having a class of 32 who were very loud and me having to shout a lot!! This quiet time at home has been a shock to bub.

I miss the movement and the knowing they were safe from the outside world in there.

Definitely the movement here too. Callum had some forceful kicks though! They hurt. First pregnancy was a breeze, I felt great. The second was a bit more hard on my body. More aches & pains, I couldn't exercise the last 3 months since it hurt too much. We found out Aidan's sex kind of on accident but didn't find out with our second. So many people thought Callum would be a girl because the pregnancy was so different than the first. I flip flopped but about 10 minutes before he was delivered I was positive of a boy.

Our neighbors made a guess list of date, sex, & weight. Out of about 20 people, Aidan won! We grabbed a calendar and he pointed out the 21st of December, boy and 9lbs!!! Callum turned out to be 8lbs 6 oz but his older brother was right with the other things and closest guess of weight.

Back
Top Bottom