Quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.”

― Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance

Hanging on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; You are the one who gets burned.

What I've come to learn is that the world is never saved in grand messianic gestures, but in the simple accumulation of gentle, soft, almost invisible acts of compassion.

Chris Abani
December 27, 1966: Happy 47th birthday, Chris Abani! The Nigerian author has been jailed repeatedly for writing what was seen as anti-government fiction such as his first novel, Masters of the Board, a political thriller published when he was just 16.

What I've come to learn is that the world is never saved in grand messianic gestures, but in the simple accumulation of gentle, soft, almost invisible acts of compassion.

Chris Abani
December 27, 1966: Happy 47th birthday, Chris Abani! The Nigerian author has been jailed repeatedly for writing what was seen as anti-government fiction such as his first novel, Masters of the Board, a political thriller published when he was just 16.
I thought that quote looked familiar.

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
--
Helen Keller

Face front, true believers!

Stan Lee

December 28, 1922: Happy 91st birthday, Stan Lee! The comic book legend got his start filling inkwells and fetching lunch at Timely Comics, which would eventually become Marvel. He went on to create characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men.

Well...my brownies for tonight sorta stuck to the pan...so i will remind my guests of the famous words of Dr. Martin Luther King. "Judge not a brownie on it's outward appearance, but by the content of it's inner chocolatey goodness".

Sucess is the ability to go from 1 failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

I would like to find a stew that will give me heartburn immediately instead of at three o'clock in the morning. John Barrymore

I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes...you're Doing Something.

Neil Gaiman
Happy New Year! What kind of mistakes are you looking forward to making in 2014?

Not all those who wander are lost-J.R.R. Tolkein, said by me to DH when we go grocery shopping together.

Back
Top Bottom