Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least you have trees. This is what I see when I look northeast from my driveway.

i-mjg3RcD-L.jpg

They aren't as close as they look in a telephoto shot, but they are out there none the less.

A lot of folks who have a wind farm too near their homes, complain of the constant noise of them turning. Any problem in your area? :angel:

You sure have different-looking trees out there, RP.

Cheryl, those poppy fields are spectacular! Wow!

My pushkins (pushkinia). They're wonderful self-seeders, and some of the first spring flowers:
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1459964709.208632.jpg

Last edited:
You sure have different-looking trees out there, RP.

Cheryl, those poppy fields are spectacular! Wow!

My pushkins (pushkinia). They're wonderful self-seeders, and some of the first spring flowers:
View attachment 24543
I was going to say they were awfully skinny trees. ;)

Those pushkins are lovely. I especially like the way they are growing up between those rocks. I'll have to look into getting some.

I was going to say they were awfully skinny trees. ;)

Those pushkins are lovely. I especially like the way they are growing up between those rocks. I'll have to look into getting some.

Thanks, Taxy. I have them all over, along with Siberian squill, which are deep blue. From a few bulbs of each, they now pop up everywhere, which is fine with me. The foliage disappears in the summer.

Hardy little things. Wish I could have gotten a less-blurry pic, but I'm finding once I get down to ground level, it's getting harder to get back up, so it was a one-shot deal.

Last edited:
Jon, your baby granddaughter Ava is a little beauty - what a smile!

Rick, you're sure out in the middle of a lot of open space there. :)

Pretty little flowers, Dawg! I also like how they grow among the rocks. Loved the ocean view pic you posted, too. :)

Some of my patio pretties, taken early this morning. A little blurry here, it was clearer in my pic album for some reason.

patio pretties3.jpg

Itty bitty tomatoes - about an inch in diameter. :)

tiny tomatoes.jpg

Last edited:
Oooh, so jealous, Cheryl! No planting here till after Mothers Day, but I can live vicariously through your pics!

Taxy and Dawg, they're Patio tomatoes. They're an actual variety, not just a method of planting. I have a pretty big back yard, but little planting space since it's mostly lawn and trees, so several years ago I gave up trying to grow them inground in what little available space I had and tried the Patios. I've had really good luck with them!

Patio Tomato Gardening Tips

They don't get much higher than about 2'. I have them planted in clay pots 14" wide by a foot deep and that seems perfect for them. "They" say they're determinate and all ripen at once, but I've never found that to be the case. :) I get 'maters for at least 4 months or so at different times. They average about the size of a Roma, maybe a little smaller. Perfect for one person. Here's a couple of pics from last year. Some of the containers were a little smaller but they didn't seem to care. I went bigger this year.

patio tomatoes2.jpg

Attachments

• patio tomatoes.jpg
    patio tomatoes.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
We are back from Akumal, so it's time for a photo or 2. This is El Hombre Orquesta Abel, who walks the beach at the resort playing his homemade instrument(s). He was really quite good, a really nice guy and fun to talk with. He made the contraption himself. Quite the unique sound. We were serenaded by him several times during the week.

i-v6QCQw8-XL.jpg

i-GK4rCTH-L.jpg

There was a man at the Western Washington Fair in Puyallup that had a similar rig and his most requested song was, "It's A Small World Afterall" I have to admit, he did a bang up job with that song. He would have kids dancing around him. And if not around him, then like the Pied Piper, following him in dance. A true troubordor. :angel:

Last edited:
There was a man at the Western Washington Fair in Puyallup that had a similar rig and his most requested song was, "It's A Small World Afterall" I have to admit, he did a bang up job with that song. He would have kids dancing around him. And if not around him, then like the Pied Piper, following him in dance. A true troubordor. :angel:

I saw him at the spring fair last year. That shuffle does was weirding me out. :ermm: He does a good job, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom