Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a really spectacular pumpkin, CG! I was never very good at it as hard as I tried.
Thanks Kayelle, but it's child's play compared to a few that the neighbors did. This was the best I've ever done simply because I wasn't in a hurry! :LOL:

:LOL: The Halloweeny entrance to their front yard - SIL Steve carved, built, and painted everything but the humans. lol...
Cheryl, those "sets" are terrific! I bet there's a community theatre that would drool over Steve and his talents. *hint hint*

Had to share this photo of my Momma and Baby. "Christmas" cacti, that is. Although, right on schedule, they are once again "Halloween" cacti. One of these days they might live up to their names...

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to share this photo of my Momma and Baby. "Christmas" cacti, that is. Although, right on schedule, they are once again "Halloween" cacti. One of these days they might live up to their names...

So pretty! My Christmas cactus also didn't get the memo for many years, blooming beautifully at Halloween, but now it seems to be back to Christmas. Or at least Thanksgiving.

Thank you ladies! I have only a couple of plants, but I'm lucky they all are healthy. Good Lord knows I have little to do with that!

GG, those are some neat looking succulents. Like the planter they're in too.

I used to be one of those ladies who had a jungle in her home. Now I am lucky if I can grow green mold. I get no sunshine at all in this apartment. And very little light. So now I don't even try. :angel:

On orders from K-Girl to post some vacay pics, I thought I'd set a goal of one picture for each day we're gone. Weather permitting, since there isn't much to photograph inside our resort unit.

This is the public beach and park area at the top of Estero Island at Bodwitch Point. It's 4.5 miles from our resort. I took the shot right around the last of sunset/dusk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruppert_0027.jpg
img_1400946_1_3b04a75f28806a8d19af0218cd24e5b6.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Nice photo of the family, Jon. I thank you for being one of the unsung heroes of our country. Without small farmers who work so hard, we'd all have a lot less food for cooking to discuss.

Jon, that definitely is a picture you need to have enlarged and hung on the wall. Right where everyone can see it as they walk in the door. It speaks loud and clear what your family is all about. I did notice that the three oldest have a John Deere shirt on. You really should send a copy of it to the John Deere company. I love it. I keep going back and looking at it. :angel:

What a great pic, FarmerJon! You have a beautiful family.

Addie, it's kind of hard to tell for sure, but I think they're ALL sporting John Deere shirts! :)

Thanks everyone! We took a time out during harvest and got a photographer to take a bunch of family pics. They are all wearing john deere shirts. My wife and I are also.

Ruppert_0028.jpg
img_1401089_1_35646bb309c1c689920607f6266dc7db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kenton the one in the grey wants to come back after school and work the farm. Zane the little boy in black I think will also. ITs too soon to tell about Jasper. He is the baby.

Last edited:
Now if those pics don't put a smile on everyone's face nothing will! What a great way to raise children and thanks for sharing them with us.

Ditto Kayelle. They are great looking kids. And then the girls may marry someone who wants to be a farmer also.

Plenty of sunshine, and clean air. Lucky kids. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom