Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wyshie, if I went to the bother of getting all dressed up, I'd find somewhere to go. :LOL: Even if it was to the grocery store and not have sweats on and my hair all up in a baseball cap for once. You can bet I wouldn't see anyone I know there at that time, though.... :rolleyes: LOL
You look good. :)

Thanks Taxy! They're fascinating to me. If you step on or injure the leaves, they die. Apparently, they're pretty rare around here. It takes 4 years for them to bloom. They're actually not violets at all, more related to lilies. Another name for them is Trout lily.

Last edited:
Thanks Taxy! They're fascinating to me. If you step on or injure the leaves, they die. Apparently, they're pretty rare around here. It takes 4 years for them to bloom. They're actually not violets at all, more related to lilies. Another name for them is Trout lily.
I'm not surprised. They look like they are related to lily of the valley.

Sounds like some of the flora on Mt. Ranier in Washington State. Because of the altitude, some of the flowers will die if you step on them. Then depending on what state of reproduction they are in, it can take up to ten years for that one flower to come back. So the rules are very strict. "Stay on the designated path. Do not pick any of the flowers." :angel:

Sounds like some of the flora on Mt. Ranier in Washington State. Because of the altitude, some of the flowers will die if you step on them. Then depending on what state of reproduction they are in, it can take up to ten years for that one flower to come back. So the rules are very strict. "Stay on the designated path. Do not pick any of the flowers." :angel:
It's a shame that the notice does not explain that it can take up to 10 years for a flower to return. That added bit of info could well make someone think twice, whereas "do not pick any of the flowers", by itself, may not.

Sweet little flowers, Dawg! We had a cluster of yellow trout lilies in each of our OH back yards. Never saw one here. However, we do have a few skunk cabbage in the back 40. :sick:

Very nice, Dawg. Must be so nice to see some greenage after the long winter!

Our desert was beautiful with such gorgeous splashes of spring wildflowers - they're all gone now. :(

Early evening sky here today. It didn't last long, but it was sure pretty while it lasted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Dawg. :) The weather reports are calling for a bit of rain in SoCal in the next few days, hopefully those dark and stormy looking clouds will return and give us some rain....:innocent:

A pretty English sunset while walking the dog last night

They have a few trees like that in front of the Federal Reserve Bank and those pods are a nuisance when they begin to fall. That is a very high foot traffic area. They now have a maintenance man out there a couple of times a day cleaning them up after a few folks have slipped on them and got hurt. It is a beautiful tree otherwise. :angel:

Thank you, CG, Addie, and GG. We'll happily take whatever we can get. :)

GravyQueen, that's a pretty sunset pic.

Someone is having fun....

25A3085E00000578-2952553-image-a-35_1423844685581.jpg

Back
Top Bottom