Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SwansCygnus_olor_edit2.jpg

Thanks, Cheryl!

Boat should have moved for me when I told it to. Apparently the captain didn't hear me.

Thanks, Cheryl!

Boat should have moved for me when I told it to. Apparently the captain didn't hear me.

I take care of that for you the next time it happens Dawg. I will give them the look of displeasure that put terror in the hearts of my children. Without a word, they would head for their room or the hinterlands. :angel:

Easter pics the wife took.

Cute kids. On the other end of the age spectrum:

My 92 year old father-in-law at work on the farm 2 days ago - sawing up and removing a dead elm tree that blew down over the winter. The tractor is a Massey-Harris 44 circa 1946, still going strong, just like the driver.

i-rhTP7VF-L.jpg

This pic reminds me of photos I've seen of my great-grandfather. Farming is strenuous, for sure, but it's also dangerous. My GGF hurt his back in an accident involving his tractor and suffered great pain for the rest of his life. I'm glad your FIL avoided that.

Angel Flight

I love the photos all of you have posted. I was flying a cancer patient home to Northern California from the San Fernando Valley in Southern California.
As we crossed over the Sierra Nevada mountains , near the San Joaquin Valley, the hills were covered with California poppies. What a sight!

Attachments

• 2403-143129.jpg
    2403-143129.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 131
This pic reminds me of photos I've seen of my great-grandfather. Farming is strenuous, for sure, but it's also dangerous. My GGF hurt his back in an accident involving his tractor and suffered great pain for the rest of his life. I'm glad your FIL avoided that.

I spent part of the day in the danger zone. He would raise up the trunk of the tree with the tractor and hold it while I cut through with the chain saw. We had to do that to keep from pinching the saw. It made it a bit hazardous for me when the last bit broke and the overbalanced piece fell over. I was always ready to jump as I got near the bottom of a cut.

I spent part of the day in the danger zone. He would raise up the trunk of the tree with the tractor and hold it while I cut through with the chain saw. We had to do that to keep from pinching the saw. It made it a bit hazardous for me when the last bit broke and the overbalanced piece fell over. I was always ready to jump as I got near the bottom of a cut.

One of our best buddies is in his 70's. He's German, and still has us start the chain saw up and he grabs it while he's in a tree.

He grew up in the Black Forest. To me, that just would have been good cake, not daredevil stuff. You can always tell a German, but you can't tell him much!

Lovely pics, all!

Last edited:
I so love California Poppies, have not been able to find the seeds of the all golden here, only mixed colors.

I so love California Poppies, have not been able to find the seeds of the all golden here, only mixed colors.

Princess, I would be more than happy to send you a couple of packets. Our local Home Depot always has plenty of the all orange/golden poppy seeds. :)

Last edited:
There's an old unkept house across town that looks terrible most of the year. Once a year their entire front "lawn" bursts into bloom with Ca. poppies, and people take pictures. They reseed themselves from year to year.

Princess, I picked up a packet (or two ;)) at Home Depot while out shopping today. They'll be headed your way Monday. :)
002.jpg

Kay, isn't it nice how poppies thrive on neglect and just do their own thing. They actually prefer un-amended soil and love just plain ol' dirt. :)

Back
Top Bottom