Rescued Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(((Hugs Skittle))) I hope your kitty turns up soon. Mine went missing for 24 hours and I was frantic, but he is an indoor cat.

taxlady said:
(((Hugs Skittle))) I hope your kitty turns up soon. Mine went missing for 24 hours and I was frantic, but he is an indoor cat.

Golly was raised as an indoor/outdoor farm cat. He's not even litter box trained. If you try to put him in the box he splays his legs out and catches them on the rim because he hates it. If you lock him in thinking he will use it when he's desperate he will pee in your laundry. He always had a bell hanging on the door knob to let us know when he wanted out. Now he has a cat door. Since he can go in and out as much as he likes he doesn't usually go too far from the yard. I hope he's ok :( if he isn't locked in some do-gooder's house, he was out in the cold rain last night. I feel so bad for him. At least he is a good hunter.

Skittle, since you are in a new house, have you checked the area in your old house. A lot of pets, when they get lost, try to return to their old home. You have heard the stories of pets that travel hundreds of miles to find their master.

I hope he shows up real soon for you. I know it is a heartbreaking time for you. :angel:

Addie said:
Skittle, since you are in a new house, have you checked the area in your old house. A lot of pets, when they get lost, try to return to their old home. You have heard the stories of pets that travel hundreds of miles to find their master.

I hope he shows up real soon for you. I know it is a heartbreaking time for you. :angel:

Thanks, but old home is a 3 hr drive away :( I sure hope he doesn't try to go home!

My next door neighbor saw a big orange cat with a white face in his yard this morning... Said it looked just like the cat in my posters. But if it was him, why didn't he stick around??? I wish my kitty would come home...

My next door neighbor saw a big orange cat with a white face in his yard this morning... Said it looked just like the cat in my posters. But if it was him, why didn't he stick around??? I wish my kitty would come home...
Oh Skittle, I sure hope he comes home soon. Maybe he doesn't recognize your house yet.

taxlady said:
Oh Skittle, I sure hope he comes home soon. Maybe he doesn't recognize your house yet.

+1

I was wondering that too. Cats don't handle change well.

My kitty has been missing for 5 days now :( I put lost cat posters on just about every intersection for two square miles, filed a report with the police dept and animal shelters, and drove around calling him from nearly every street corner. I got a call from a neighbor maybe 1/4 mile down the road saying he may have seen him yesterday, and the day before, so hopefully he is circling that area and can be picked up. He is very, very friendly, so there is a chance someone already grabbed him... Good chance they will see my huge neon orange signs if they have him. I can't believe he would get lost, but if it really was him yesterday I guess he must be... First time in ten years he's gotten lost, but it is a new place. I hope I get a call soon... I miss him so much!!
Has Golly come home yet?

Here's a couple of my rescues. The little guy in the front is Tyrone Shoelaces, and the big guy behind him is Sabastien Corbetti. Tyrone is a tough sell at adoptions because he doesn't want to be a lap kitty and he doesn't want to cuddle. But, if you have some food, especially lunch meat of some kind, he'll be glad to sit near you and share.

I just wanted y'all to know that, after 3 1/2 years as my foster, Tyrone Shoelaces has found a forever home! He has been adopted by an old lady who has two other cats, lives at the beach, drives a Porsche 911, and doesn't care if Tyrone doesn't want to snuggle! She's had him for a month now and they're both happy with the arrangement.

img_1194875_0_9f2a273154c818f9a52c5cbc024c5c26.jpg

Last edited:
Is there something wrong with people? Seriously, everyone I know knows I've been trying (and succeeding!) in training my dog not to be aggressive. Much as I love them, some visitors just cannot resist teasing her, poking her, etc. WhenI was around my own family, it was tough enough (different dogs, different location). But now there are a couple of men who are great friends, but who cannot reisit teasing and prodding and otherwise getting the doggie I've worked my ass off to get trained so she won't snap at people, un-done. I don't need to know how to train my dog at this point, I need to know how to train my friends! Somehow I think that if I had a mastiff, no one would bother him. By some men (I'm sorry, no women have done this) consider a small dog to be something to tease and terrorize.

Oh, by the way, I have, on occasion, been known to tell men teasing my dog to take it outside).

Is there something wrong with people? Seriously, everyone I know knows I've been trying (and succeeding!) in training my dog not to be aggressive. Much as I love them, some visitors just cannot resist teasing her, poking her, etc. WhenI was around my own family, it was tough enough (different dogs, different location). But now there are a couple of men who are great friends, but who cannot reisit teasing and prodding and otherwise getting the doggie I've worked my ass off to get trained so she won't snap at people, un-done. I don't need to know how to train my dog at this point, I need to know how to train my friends! Somehow I think that if I had a mastiff, no one would bother him. By some men (I'm sorry, no women have done this) consider a small dog to be something to tease and terrorize.

Oh, by the way, I have, on occasion, been known to tell men teasing my dog to take it outside).

Tell them, "Thanks for the help, I've been trying to train her to go for the throat when she's poked and prodded."

People like that do not deserve politeness in handling them. Get a big stick. Start poing them. When they want to know what you are doing, "Just teasing. Like you do to my dog." :angel:

I should say, I went off on that rant because I have had perfect guests recently, pet-wise (they're pretty good all around, anyway). Friday night a couple came over ... they've visited once or twice before, but this was the first time it was one-on-one. He sat down and Rosebud immediately sat next to him, and they just communed while the four of us talked. It was so pleasant. She just sat and looked at him with adoring eyes, her head on his knee. This made me think of a couple of friends who feel otherwise, that dogs should be tough and mean and wrestle and jump up. During and after the visit from the calm friends, husband and I commented to each other, heck,it isn't our dog, it is just a couple of men friends who just can't resist riling up a dog.

Back
Top Bottom