RIP, Robin Williams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Oh no! Just heard this on the news, apparent suicide. Goodbye to a brilliant comedic mind.

Depression is an awful disease...many brilliant minds have left us. :(

Such a marvelous talent and comedy genius. By all reports, he struggled mightily with substance abuse and was sorely afflicted with depression. Such a tremendous loss.
He was one of my favorites as well. Ain't many comedians that can make me laugh out loud. He was one that could and did.

I must admit that I really haven't been a Robin Williams fan since "Mork and Mindy", but he was certainly talented. Anytime someone so young throws away their life it's shocking.

He was just here at rehab in the Twin Cities in July and had been spotted around town looking emaciated and uncharacteristically subdued. In retrospect, someone should have seen the signs.

The last photo of him was taken at a Dairy Queen here a couple of weeks back. He doesn't look happy.

BriPG0-CYAAfPsw.jpg

Last edited:
This makes me so sad. Not much more to say. I wish he could have found some peace in this world, he certainly made it a better place with his presence.

I, as one who has suffered from severe depression in my life am having a very hard time with this one. Robin Williams was a very talented man and will be missed.

No matter how happy someone might look on the outside (Steve's photo notwithstanding), we never know what sadness and pain is in someone's heart and soul. Godspeed to you Robin Williams. You live on in your body of work.

First Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Now Robin Williams. Drugs and depression. How many more will be lost to these?

I lost my first hubby to depression; he shot himself in the head in our living room and it was so difficult for my daughter and me.

I am a volunteer with NAMI and I try to counsel spouses and children of those who suffer from depression.

Depression is insipid and it's often misunderstood. When I dealt with this with my first hubby, some friends told me he needed to get over it, and to pull himself up by his bootstraps, to chin up, to stop the crap and behave like a real man.

It's not that easy.

I am so sorry Robin Williams passed like this. We always enjoy actors and actresses but sometimes when they pass, we too feel the loss.

Rest in peace, Robin.

He was a huge talent and this is a great loss. His career and popularity spanned many generations.

I have just heard that it baffled those around him, who were closest to him. I guess this is the unfortunate downside of someone who always seems to be "on". He has 4 films coming out soon. So, so sad.....

I'm remembering Mork and Mindy, Good Morning, Vietnam, Dead Poets Society and many other wonderful movies and TV shows. So sad to lose such a great talent so young. RIP.

CCL, did you mean depression is insidious? So sorry for your loss as well.

It is a measure of the greatness of this man - his impact - that President Obama has made a tribute and Prince Charles...

How cruel it seems that, although Robin gave such joy and happiness to so many, he was battling with depression.
780422031.gif

I will be watching his outstanding performances on youtube today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom