"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-26-2016, 03:38 AM   #1
Sous Chef
Someone You Love is Coming!

Cat will be here Thursday. She's coming with Rina to take care of the storage stuff.

It's going to be another full house; Cat and her Mom will have our bedroom and we'll be on the sleeper sofa, our neighbor is in the guest room...

And luckily that foul-beaked buzzard hasn't said anything. If that monster cranks up in front of Cat, she knows enough Romanian curses to put one into the ninth depth of hell. After all, she's a sailor.

I just got a text from her, and I told her all bets were off. I'm ratting on her. I told her I would tell you all...so be prepared.

She and Carl and the little one have been sticking close to Rina after Nicu's passing. It may be a little tough on them to be here again. I'm not sure what to expect but we'll make it as happy as we can.

I spent today pulling out the dishes Cat gave us, temporarily replacing ours, and got the Irish linen ironed for the bed. We only use those for special guests.

In her culture, it's rude to ask how long they are staying, so I don't know. We're preparing....and she will be with you all again.

Yay! I love this lady. And her Mom. YAY!!

Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
Yea! Need more Cat time!
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
You have no idea how I needed to hear our Cat will be among us again. Sure do miss her and can't wait to have her back...if only temporarily.

P.S. If Peckerhead shows out, it would be priceless to see a video of Cat putting him in his place. THAT would be nothing short of award-winning!!!!
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Great to hear!
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #6
Master Chef
Looking forward to hearing from Cat.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
Master Chef
I agree with everyone.......we need a CatPat fix, and it will be great fun when she gets here.

I have to say it again though CCL you and your husband are remarkable people, yes, remarkable people to give up your beds to others as often as you do. Sleeping on the sleeper sofa with one guest in the guest room, and two in our room doesn't sound like fun to me. I'm humbled by you both.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #8
Sous Chef
Okay folks....here she is. She'll get my best and newest laptop.

I'm turning it over to her. I spent half the night making a folder for her with cute pics and jokes and all that junk.

Now I'm going to go fire up my old Vista beast and hope it doesn't implode.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer's kittyCat!
Adopt a kitty and save nine lives.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:01 AM   #9
Proud American
Thank you so very much for of this, Joyce! HELLO MY DEAR FRIENDS!

I am so very glad to see all of you here! Mamma and I are always enjoying the hospitality and the kindness of this home and we shall be cooking and laughing together once again!

It has been such a difficult time ot it since my Uncle Nicu went to be with God. But it is with family and friends who become of family which helps us in these times of sadness. Joyce said something of this, "No one is gone as long as we remember them." She is very wise!

Anna and Carl are well, everyone home is well also! Anna is walking very well and is developing as a very normal child. She learns so very fast of everything! Carl is taking more of the money burdens from Papa and his businesses. Aunty is experiencing the dimming of her mind sometimes, but she is well. Laki, Belle, and Gloria are all well. I now call Gloria Mom and she and my parents are the happiest of grandparents that you could ever see! We must fight about our parental time with Anna, yes?

My Gizzi sends his gratefulness to all of you for the cookbook which is such a very popular item of Catina II! The crewmen brought up their papers and pens to copy of the recipes to take to their own wifes and families. It was so very exciting to see! I am still the only one he allows to his beloved kingdom, but he did allow of Carl sometimes also!

Laki hates boats. We understand she is much better behaving on land. She does much of the gardening of our properties and has a strong hand of the earth. A man who has of a landscaping company in Constanta is alone and it seems as of they have a very close friendship beginning. He is of African-Polish descent, and he comes of a good family. My parents like him so very much, and this relations is being very nicely encouraged!

I worry of our daughter. The children grow so very fast! I spoke to Mamma of this upon the long plane flights to here. She said this happens of all children and was why she cried of our wedding for I had grown quickly. We spoke again of this at our dinner this evening, and Joyce said, "Wait until she turns 30!" Mamma put her hand to her heart and said, "Oh no!" Ha! Oh they grow so fast!

We're very happy to be here again. We spoke of this, and our lovely hosts have asked us to visit as much as we see is possible. I shall be coming back again and yet again, perhaps with Carl and Anna, or Mamma, or perhaps all of us once a year, I promised. They don't care to take to the living room folding bed and give us their best beds.

Their neighbor's house was damaged of a gas explosion, and Joyce showed me of the parrot. If the parrot becomes unruly of me, he will receive very many words he has never heard of! But we have always loved Arlene. We are happy she is here also!

I saw of all the responses here. Yes, it is rude to ask how long one is to stay, but not in America. Justin told us this, "I don't give a damn how long you all stay. It's never long enough anyway, and we miss you." That is all to be said, yes? These are such good friends.

I meant to come upon here yesterday but the flights were so very long and Mamma and I were so very tired. They had much food and comforts for us and we are grateful.

We will be staying for several weeks now. All of you will be so very ill of me before we go home! I miss Carl and Anna, but having of the alone time with Mamma here is so very nice!

Oh! I nearly forgot of this! Belle is taking art lessons and makes lovely paintings of the skies and mountains! Gloria has turned her hands of pottery lessons also. She has made of lovely vases! In winters, Carl becomes making his lovely birdhouses and Laki sells them for him on the street market of Brasov for him while we are at sea. It is I believe, what Americans call a cottage industry, yes?

Oh! I have spoken too much again! I am so happy to see all of you here, my dear friends! I must go look at all the new recipes and I must regain of all the news here!

I love you all! I shall speak with you very soon!

With very much, much love,
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #10
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
I so love to see your words and get the news of your family.

Our house is finally ours, much to redo, but we are settling in nicely. Today we are going to go buy paint for the dining room.

Love you so much.
Your Ogress

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote