"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
Some Like it Hot
Spook Houses - Anybody going?

I went to a spook house this past weekend for the first time in ages! Actually, it was 4 or 6 spook houses in one place. They are definately not the way I remembered from my younger years. Better in some ways, and not quite so good in others.

For instance, the fact that they shove you through these things like sheep. You never get to have that feeling like you are really alone in there.

Well I went, had fun, and I ran from the boogie man and ran into the wall. Got a pretty nice bruise and bump on my shoulder as a result of it. And that all happened in the first spook house. The last one I went through was pretty cool too because you had to wear 3D glasses. The spinny tube thing was really cool because you felt like you were leaning really bad.

Anyone else going or has gone to a spook house or am I the only idiot that dared to go at my age???

Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
Sous Chef
Well, first off, idiotic is in the eye of the beholder. What you did was go out and have some fun-that is precisely what keeps you from getting old!!

If you want to see old & Idiotic, I'll send you some pictures of myself from Las Vegas bike week-then you'll know what old and idiotic really means!!

But I'm straying from the topic. I used to take my kids to the haunted houses when they were younger, and always had a blast!!! Right now, most of the Grandkids are still a bit young, and Sammy, the one who lives with me (7 y.o.) is talking the talk right now,but I think when push comes to shove he'll probably back out-thats OK though-I'll take him when he's ready!!!

He's still scared of the "Leprechaun" movies...

Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park!!!
smoke king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I haven't been to one in at least 15 years when I went through one with my daughter. They did a pretty good job of decorating it and their costumes were good, but my idea of scary isn't people grabbing me as I walk through. To me it was just irritating.

If I were closer to our grandkids, I would love to go through one with them.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #4
Executive Chef
I haven't gone in probably 30+ years. I think it was in Bysintine, New Jersey. It was fantasic, but for the life of me, I don't know why we do this to ourselves. At this age, I'm try to AVOID heart attacks!
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
Executive Chef
There are two haunted campgrounds I want to go to and probably will. I love stuff like that. Then again, I spend all day both days every weekend for 8 weeks at the Renaissance Faire.
Callisto in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I'd love to go but nobody else but me will go, and it's not fun alone.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
My husband makes one at home every year. It gets creapier every time...we should start charging. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0566_2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	5791   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0560.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	5792  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0559_2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	5793  
If you have much, give of your wealth. If you have little, give of your heart. - Arab proverb
Dina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 AM   #8
Some Like it Hot
Originally Posted by middie View Post
I'd love to go but nobody else but me will go, and it's not fun alone.
Yea, I would agree with that. I went with about 15 other people and tried to make sure I was always in the middle of the pack so the spooks could not get me. I think they zeroed in on me as soon as I arrived there. They picked on me more than anyone else! No wonder I am so banged up!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #9
Senior Cook
I do not like being scared! It's been over 35 years since I went to one. My DH, then bf, took me to one and I gave him a black eye (by accident) trying to get out. lol Never again, I'm a scaredy cat.

homecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
Executive Chef
Dina, your hubby's spook house is amazing!!! Wow! I'll bet there are lots of people who look forward to it all year.

Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote