Tell us about your avatar.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
There's probably a gazillion threads about this over the years....:ermm::LOL:. Every now and then I wonder about profile pics and why y'all have chosen what you have, and what it means to you.

I'll start :LOL:. Mine is a pic I took from the beach in Santa Barbara, CA. I was with my daughter and grandkids, we were laying on the beach and I just looked up and snapped a pic of the palm trees. I've changed my avatar a couple of times, but always go back to it, just 'cause I like it and it reminds me of that day at the beach. :)

Does anyone else want to share?

Mine is a Martha Washington plate by Ridgway Pottery.

I found Martha and George in perfect condition at the local flea market a couple of years ago for five bucks each.

Last edited:
Mine is our 4 pug babies sleeping on a futon I used to have next to my desk. they just happened to get into a position of oldest/largest to youngest/smallest one day. The black one was my special little boy, all the rest were/are Daddy's girls. Only have 2 left (the 2 in the middle) and they are both little old ladies at just over 15 and almost 15.

Mine is a pic from last summer. I had just graduated from our local community college and was fully expecting to go job hunting. At the time, my beard was nearly a foot and a half long, so I trimmed it back as you can see in my avatar.
Lo and behold, I was offered work as an instructor at the community college, and seein's as how no one has complained about my facial hair so far, I am letting it grow out again.

My avatar is a picture of my beautiful Ashley. He was a lovely kitty and was as beautiful inside as he was outside. His mommy was a gorgeous grey tabby we called Sugar Mommy, which fit her perfectly because she was just about the best mother cat I've ever seen. Ashley's daddy? Hmmm? Absentee father but we are pretty sure he was the Siamese male that roamed the neighborhood.

As for my profile picture, it's a picture of our motorcycle, Old Blue, which takes us on many wonderful rides and adventures. It's a Harley that Glenn restored from being totally "toasted" after being in a fire. He bought it that way and made it brand new.

My avatar is a photo taken in a park in Montreal years ago. There is a park along the river with a pond that runs off onto a series of steps. I chose it because it is an interesting visual. Here's a more descriptive photo:

Attachments

• DSC00924.jpg
    DSC00924.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 189
Mine is a picture of Teddy. He is Spike's dog. But I have to have my Teddy fix everyday. So Spike brings him up here every night and I get to spoil him rotten. He loves to jump up on my bed for his scratchies. He is four years old. He was just eight weeks when Spike bought him for Sandy, his wife. He is about four months old in the picture. Then his wife died. Without Teddy, I think Spike would be lost. He will never admit it, but that dog has saved him from a hurt of loneliness. I am forever grateful for Teddy and for giving Spike a reason to get up everyday since his wife died. That dog is so loved by everyone. He takes Teddy out four times a day for at least an hour. Regardless of the weather.

The previous picture I had there was one of me taken in 1998. If I put one up of me today, you wouldn't recognize me. :angel:

My avatar is a tribute to dogs in general. I am a thwarted dog lover having been raised with one beloved family dog and having a series of dogs after I left home. In 1976 I started raising dairy goats and quickly learned that untrained dogs and goats are a very bad combination. I have not had a dog since 1976. And after having the responsibility of livestock raising, I now relish being animal free. But I still love dogs. The avatar is of a Bichon Frise that I once baby sat.

Mine is one of our two dogs. Abby is a basenji and golden lab mix. We also have Clover, who is an Irish Setter. Both are rescues.

Abby is one of the smartest dogs I have run across anywhere, and I'm not just saying that because she's one of my best friends and cuddle buddies. That little dog does things that astound me from time to time, especially when it comes to hunting skills, or trying to outsmart her "big sister."

You mean my sassy pinup girl, Trixie who "loves to cook"?

I've had her saved on my computer for years and when I came here she just fit right in.

img_1391109_0_d4c88e919bb79942b8c66d319e58fa5d.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is self explanatory I think but just in case you wondered....

I love chocolate - dark, smooth, sultry, tantalizing, make you roll your eyes in pleasure CHOCOLATE. ;)

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's avatars - thank you all for sharing! I think I especially love the beloved pets and knowing the names of those sweet faces. :wub:

Andy, I have to say I'm especially glad you shared the larger picture of yours! I've wondered about it since I first came here. :) I thought it was rain, and now I know it's a smaller part of a beautiful park pond. :)

Have to run out the door now and do some errands....see y'all later!

Last edited:
Mine is self explanatory I think but just in case you wondered....

I love chocolate - dark, smooth, sultry, tantalizing, make you roll your eyes in pleasure CHOCOLATE. ;)
Janet, for some reason I've always thought your avatar was a roulette wheel (I went to college and lived in Las Vegas for several years) :LOL:

NOW I see chocolate!

"Keep calm and Eat Poi"

Well, I'm usually calm, very even keeled
and Poi is like a staple Hawaiian food... a cooked and mashed Taro root
For me, I like it OLD, and the older the better flavor.
Fresh Poi is what y'all refer to as library paste, :yuk:
I also like some Hawaiian Salt on it too,
so kinda,
that's me

Back
Top Bottom