The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I caught a bug! Ugh! Haven't done much more than sleep, since last Monday. Today is the first day that I feel like I'm improving. Still, when I stand up, I feel like I'm wearing led boots!

But, I know I will survive!

Hope that bug goes away and stays away! Try some chicken soup--preferably chicken/vegetable but chicken noodle will help also. More nutritious than French toast (which is great and who cares about nutrition!).

Chicken soup is a cure-all, and it tastes good, too!

So, what I thought was a bad reaction to getting two vaccinations on the same day, probably wasn't. This seems to be the more likely cause of my and DH's misery. I phoned the pharmacy. I spoke with the pharmacist. He said that Paxlovid wouldn't be useful, since we were vaxed within the last three months. Drink lots of fluids.

For anyone who isn't familiar with the rapid antigen tests for COVID, this is what one looks like when it's positive. C = Control, T = Test.

2023-12-02 rapid test result.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, Taxy, I am so sorry. Lots of liquids, lots of rest, and stay in. Tony has had it twice now. I am very much at risk, but because of my immune infusions and my vaccines, I haven't gotten it.

My PMR (Poly Myalgic Rheumitis) refuses to go into remission and I have to get off the prednisone (the only treatment). So I am having days of pain and muscle weakness when I don't take it, followed by bouts of depression when I do. Today it is bits of both as I am on another step down on the dosage. This is the reason for any breaks in my attendance here.

So, what I thought was a bad reaction to getting two vaccinations on the same day, probably wasn't. This seems to be the more likely cause of my and DH's misery. I phoned the pharmacy. I spoke with the pharmacist. He said that Paxlovid wouldn't be useful, since we were vaxed within the last three months. Drink lots of fluids.

View attachment 67056
I currently have a test sitting on the kitchen counter, waiting the 15 minutes. I've been sick as a dog since the beginning of the week. This morning I almost took myself to the emergency room because I couldn't breathe. It's better now, that I finally got some rest this afternoon, but I still have a bad cough.

Edit: The Covid test was negative.

Last edited:

For anyone who isn't familiar with the rapid antigen tests for COVID, this is what one looks like when it's positive. C = Control, T = Test.

View attachment 67056
Oh no, I'm so sorry. I hope you have a mild case and get well quickly. Hugs.

When I got Covid, I felt like I had been run over by a fleet of trucks. There was not a single joint in my body that did not ache. Lots of fluids, lots of sleep, and lots of whining. In two weeks, I was better but it took me another month to regain my energy.
When did you get Covid? Were you already vaxed?

I'm not feeling so terrible today, but I have no energy. My throat was still sore when I woke up. I have been drinking English Breakfast Tea with lemon and honey. It seems to be helping.

So... grandson gave it to his mom & sister, sister gave it to her Dad, don't often take a nap, but today... grrrr... got up feeling achy.

I have not had a cold/flu in about 7 maybe 8 years. Not a happy camper right now.
I'm right there with ya. Been fighting this crap since a few days after Thanksgiving. Still hanging on. Lots of chest congestion (was on prednisone for a week) runny nose, coughing, etc. Haven't had much of an appetite, either. It's like I feel hungry, like my stomach is empty, yet I don't feel like eating anything. For some reason the only thing that sounds good right now is a bowl of Ramen noodles. Might have some tonight. Just sounds comforting to me.

Lots of people are sick right now, from what I'm hearing.

Back
Top Bottom