The Sick Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That must have been terrifying Kay. I'm glad you are home and feeling better. Take care of yourself. (((Hugs)))

What Cheryl said, Kayelle. It's not like you to miss a few days in a row unless you two are off on vacation. I hope your heart rhythm is stabilized and you're back to normal soon.

Oh, Kayelle, what an awful experience. I'm sorry you went through that, but I'm glad you're home and being pampered by your Sous Chef :wub: Take care of yourself. Hugs.

Kayelle, I've been so busy and I do a quick check here but what a shock on PF and YOU.

So sorry you had to go thru that, you both must be so exhausted. Hugs and well wishes are dropping around you both. Tell SC not to worry about the dragonettes, they only nip when someone is doing something they shouldn't.

Thanksgiving sure wasn’t what I had planned. Sigh.

Tues. morning my A-Fib came back with a vengeance after two years, and we made our way to the ER with my heart rate at 180 bpm. They performed a cardio version in the ER, and after two shocks, it didn’t work. They admitted me with heavy doses of heart calming drugs and the next morning gave me another cardio version, and it put the heart back into normal rhythm. My family all came to see me in the hospital and after several hours I was allowed to go home. Cooking or going to son’s house for Thanksgiving the next day was out of the question, so SC got our holiday dinner from the Honey Baked Ham store. Thank goodness they had a nice Turkey dinner, and it was pretty good. I was just glad to be home and after dinner we were watching a good movie when at 10pm my heart started going bonkers again. This time we called an ambulance and SC rode in the front seat. The hospital is about a 20 min. drive from our home, and it was really scary for both of us. The ER again put me on powerful drugs by way of getting a line started again (that’s another story) and again admitted me to the hospital. SC had to wait outside for an hour waiting for a “Lyft” ride home at 2am. They finally got me into a room at 4am and performed another cardio version around 9am. Thankfully I was back in normal rhythm once again, but kept me overnight this time for observation. I was sent home yesterday (Sun.) with lots of changes to all my home medications. I’m feeling weak, but pretty good, all things considered. “God willing, and the creek don’t rise” I have an office appointment with my Cardiologist Thurs. morning.
Sorry this is so long but it was good for me to write it all down to clear my head.

Bummer of a Thanksgiving, KL. I hope you are adapting to your new medications soon.

Very sorry about your heart issues. Glad they were able to get things back to normal. Thank goodness you weren't alone when it happened. Take care!

After a fourteen month battle, Himself's cousin Rick succumbed to his brain tumor. He passed away at home peacefully, surrounded by family and friends, on December 2nd. We'll be heading to Allentown tomorrow for the wake on Sunday and funeral on Monday. Sure will be a tough Christmas for the gang this year, although it doesn't get all that much easier as the years roll on...

After a fourteen month battle, Himself's cousin Rick succumbed to his brain tumor. He passed away at home peacefully, surrounded by family and friends, on December 2nd. We'll be heading to Allentown tomorrow for the wake on Sunday and funeral on Monday. Sure will be a tough Christmas for the gang this year, although it doesn't get all that much easier as the years roll on...

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks, everyone. Even though we knew this was coming (Rick went on hospice about a month ago), it's still hard to accept.
Sad to see this, CG..

I am now at the age where this happens too frequently.. Lost a friend and 2 classmates last month..

Ross
Ross, I'm sorry for your losses. The worse thing is his age. Rick was only 50; he and his wife have two daughters. The older is a college freshman, the younger a high school junior(?).

Thanks, everyone. Even though we knew this was coming (Rick went on hospice about a month ago), it's still hard to accept.Ross, I'm sorry for your losses. The worse thing is his age. Rick was only 50; he and his wife have two daughters. The older is a college freshman, the younger a high school junior(?).

Yes... Its more difficult with the younger ones.. I lost my first wife at 52.. Way too young..

Ross

Thanks so much for all the good wishes ((((friends)))).
I hate talking about my myself but felt I should fill you in on the latest.

Because of all the meds I'm feeling much better with a lower heart rate now(60-100 BPM,) however I slid back into A Fib again. Sigh. I saw the Dr. on Thurs. and he wants to do yet another cardio version next Fri. morning. That will be the 6th one since this all started again. An Ablation of the heart will probably be needed within the very near future, but we'll see. As always, Souchef has really been both my rock, and my soft place to fall.

SC is helping on the Christmas tree train today, and I'm feeling good enough to drive into Ventura and get a much needed haircut. I have so darn much hair I'm starting to look like Bozo the clown. :w00t:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom