The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BigDog said:
It does, but I don't know how to get the pictures from the mobile phone to a computer or whatever!
If you take your phone to Wal Mart, and you have an adapter that runs from your charger to a USB port, you can make a disc of pictures.

BigDog.........I asked DH what he had to do and he said you need to buy a USB cable and software in order to transfer the pics from the phone to the computer. Personally, I'd go to the store where you bought the phone and find out what it is you need.....get all the numbers and such pert. information then go to ebay and buy it there. I got my brand new car charger and clip for $6.43 after shipping. Huge savings!

Interesting.

I have a Motorola phone from Verizon. The charger goes on the bottom, and there is space for what I assume is a data transfer as well. I've never seen cords go from that type of connection to USB.

We're not exactly technologically advanced. We have cable internet service, that's about it. Oh, and run WXP. Otherwise, the computer struggles for unbeknownst reasons to me. It is a few years old, and we're hoping to replace it when our Property Tax return comes in the next few weeks. We shall see . . . . . . bills to pay too . . . . .. :mad:

KIMBABY! DO YOU HAVE THE APRON?
Please let us know it's status:) thanks!!

ChefJune, TATTRAT & erinmself, I've added you on the ever-growing list!:)

jkath
buckytom
pdswife
Barbara L
Maidrite
licia
GB
Alix
Ken
PA Baker
BigDog

kimbaby
phinz
SierraCook
Corinne
luvsfood
Michellemarie
Jenny

ronjohn55
Erik
Cara ***
Jikoni***
urmaniac13***
erinmself***
cheese-lovers***
Deadly Sushi
Dina
corazon90
Constance
JMediger
jpmcgrew
CookinBlondie

SizzlininIN
Angie
texasgirl
HomeChef
tancowgirl2000
VeraBlue
ChefJune
TATTRAT

Last edited:
Jkath, Erin is in England, so it is better that she has it while the apron is still on this side of Atlantic, probably after me OR to have her receive it from Erik, THEN onto Cara...

And Bigdog (sorry I didn't follow up more quickly... I missed your reply!), or anyone who maybe using your telephone to make a picture and not sure how to do it... usually SD card (memory card) is inside the telephone, where the images will be stored, and you can take it out, and you put it in an USB adoptor which may look like any of these, they are very inexpensive and you may well already have one of them hanging around in your house. Then simply plug it into the USB port, it will now be ready for you to do anything you may wish with the file inside.

You would be amazed at what people buy on Ebay. I vote we try to raise money for Breast Cancer. We list it on Ebay and in the heading note what we're raising the money for and then email all our friends and family and ask them to place a bid and pass it along via email. Start the bid out at $1.00. I bet we'd make a hugh chunck of money. We could even write Regis & Kelli, Ellen, Oprah, Jay Leno, The View, etc... and see if they could endorse it on his show to get more publicity. So whatch ya guys think?

I think it is an interesting idea, but I do not think we should do it with the apron. I think Jkath should get it the way we discussed earlier. It would mean a lot more to her then to some random stranger who got an apron with a bunch of names of people they do not know.

I think it is a nice idea to action something off to raise money for a charity though so I would be all for ding that with something else, just not the apron.

GB said:
I think it is an interesting idea, but I do not think we should do it with the apron. I think Jkath should get it the way we discussed earlier. It would mean a lot more to her then to some random stranger who got an apron with a bunch of names of people they do not know.

I think it is a nice idea to action something off to raise money for a charity though so I would be all for ding that with something else, just not the apron.

Didn't realize jkath was wanting it.....I'm all for that too.

SizzlininIN said:
Didn't realize jkath was wanting it.....I'm all for that too.

Jkath is the holy mother of the whole idea of this travelling apron... so naturally she deserves the right to it:) :cool:

BTW have you heard from Kimbaby, Jkath?? I really hope she has it by now...

SizzlininIN said:
You would be amazed at what people buy on Ebay. I vote we try to raise money for Breast Cancer. We list it on Ebay and in the heading note what we're raising the money for and then email all our friends and family and ask them to place a bid and pass it along via email. Start the bid out at $1.00. I bet we'd make a hugh chunck of money. We could even write Regis & Kelli, Ellen, Oprah, Jay Leno, The View, etc... and see if they could endorse it on his show to get more publicity. So whatch ya guys think?
since this is a cooking site, why not raise money to help a deserving student pay for culinary school? I bet there are some students right here on DC who could use a few extra $$. Culinary School is inordinately expensive... seems like a more appropriate use of the money.....

urmaniac13 said:
Jkath is the holy mother of the whole idea of this travelling apron... so naturally she deserves the right to it:) :cool:

BTW have you heard from Kimbaby, Jkath?? I really hope she has it by now...

I've not heard yet from Kimbaby. I'll be sending her a pm in a moment. Thanks for remembering me, GB & urmaniac! It truly will be a treasure to me.
pots & pans.....$800
knives.......$500
Traveling Apron.....priceless.

41.gif
41.gif
41.gif

Phew!! I was getting a bit worried!!

Back
Top Bottom