DID YOU KNOW...
Approximately 71 million pounds of chocolate candy is sold during the week leading up to Easter. Only 48 million pounds of chocolate is sold during Valentine's week. In contrast, over 90 million pounds of chocolate candy is sold in the last week of October leading up to Halloween.
1. Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole are tied for number of Oscar nominations without a
win; what's the number?
(O'toole's Honorary Oscar after his retirement does not count as "Winning" an Oscar - )
2. What's the name of Armenia's mountain range?
3. Who composed the ballets, "Firebird", and "Rite of Spring"?
4. What was thoroughbred Barbaro's won / lost record before being injured in the
5. What's the more common term for the physical condition, "Horripilation"?
a. - nose bleed
b. - blister
c. - goose bumps
d. in-grown toenail
6. What country did the USA invade in 1989, installing Guillermo Galimany as
7. What 1991 novel catapulted Sebastian Junger onto the best-seller lists?
8. What was the best-selling computer (not playstation-not gameboy, etc.-but "P.C.")
game of the twentieth century?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The exclamation, "EUREKA !!", was first used by gold prospectors during the 1849
California Gold Rush.
2. THE CAUCASUS
4. SIX WINS, NO LOSSES
5. - c
7. "the perfect storm"
A long time before miners were panning for gold, the Greek mathematician Archimedes
(287-212 BC) discovered the law of Buoyancy while he was taking a bath. Supposedly,
he was so excited by his discovery that he ran outside, stark naked, shouting, "Eureka!",
meaning, "I have found it".
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !