"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
Master Chef
luckytrim's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: southeastern pa.
Posts: 7,347
Trivia 4/14

trivia 4/14
George Washington was the only of all Founding Fathers to free his slaves.
1. Who said that ??
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him."
2. In what film would I find Tom Hanks and Antonio Banderas paired as lovers ?
3. Charlie parker and Dizzy Gillespie are credited with helping invent what Jazz form ?
4. Which city has the oldest stadium in Major League Baseball ?
5. Name That Cookie !!
Introduced in 2000, these cookies, when immersed, made blue swirls in the milk...
6. What Saturday morning cartoon character used the catch-phrase, "Heavens to Mergatroyd!" ?
7. Do you recall the name of the rat friend of the title character in Charlotte's Web ?
8. Who played Ann Romano in the sitcom, One Day at a Time ?
In the US, 3% of the population produces enough food for the other 97%.
1. Voltaire
2. Philadelphia
3. "BeBop"
4. Boston
5. Oreo Magic Dunkers
6. Snagglepuss
7. Templeton
8. Bonnie Franklin
'Nuff Said !


Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !
luckytrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Executive Chef
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 3,381
Only got #8, and the TorC. I'm thinking tomorrow has to be better.

Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Loprraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
Alix's Avatar
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
EEK! I blew 1-5 but got the rest. LT, when you say you're going to step it up you don't mess around.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.