"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #1781
Executive Chef

Last night I got a pizza from Papa Murphey's. I did not even look at it when I sat the salad on top and brought it home. When I got home, it was wrong. I had ordered a Rancher, which has Canadian bacon, pepperoni, ground beef and mixed onions. I added green peppers to one half for fun. I went to cook it, and it was wrong!!! There were no onions, and no ground beef, and lots and lots of mushrooms! I wish you fungus eaters were here to eat all of those things I had to pick off of my pizza before cooking it. I guess I should have driven the eight miles back to the pizza joint to complain, but I made do. I will need to make sure before leaving next time that things are right!!!

Old 01-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #1782
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Last night I got a pizza from Papa Murphey's. I did not even look at it when I sat the salad on top and brought it home. When I got home, it was wrong. I had ordered a Rancher, which has Canadian bacon, pepperoni, ground beef and mixed onions. I added green peppers to one half for fun. I went to cook it, and it was wrong!!! There were no onions, and no ground beef, and lots and lots of mushrooms! I wish you fungus eaters were here to eat all of those things I had to pick off of my pizza before cooking it. I guess I should have driven the eight miles back to the pizza joint to complain, but I made do. I will need to make sure before leaving next time that things are right!!!
I hope you at least called them to let them know of their error. And if they suggested that you bring it right back, you would ask if the were going to pay for your gas and time?

Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #1783
Chef Extraordinaire

Venting! Venting! So I go to the eye doctor this morning. I sit not five feet from the TV and I have noticed lately that I find it hard to read anything on the screen. Now about 15 years ago, I was told that I had the start of cataracts developing in the back of my eyes. It seem that they have started to grow and are about ripe for surgery. So next month I get to talk to the surgeon. Oh joy!! Just what I wanted. Another stay in the hospital. I am more ticked off about the hospital than I am about the cataracs. Because of my heart condition, it cannot be a day surgery procedure.

Second vent! They give you these drops that enlarge your pupils so they can see the back of your eyes and if there is any bleeding. No problem there. But why can't they give you drops to counter effect the enlarging. I am sitting here three hours later and am still having a problem seeing.

Vent Three. It seems that they will want to do the left eye first. I don't use my left eye. It is a lazy eye. So do the right eye first. Oh nooo! They want to see if the surgery will improve my vision in that eye. I don't really care if it does. I DON'T use that eye. Sometimes I even close that eye so I can concentrate on what I am seeing with my right eye. Otherwise I would see double.

BIGEST VENT!! They will not be putting me to sleep. It seems they will need my cooperation and will be asking me questions during the surgery. That idea doesn't appeal to me in any way shape or form. I really need to think this whole thing over real good.

Okay. Vent over. Thanks for listening!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #1784
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Venting! Venting! So I go to the eye doctor this morning. I sit not five feet from the TV and I have noticed lately that I find it hard to read anything on the screen. Now about 15 years ago, I was told that I had the start of cataracts developing in the back of my eyes. It seem that they have started to grow and are about ripe for surgery. So next month I get to talk to the surgeon. Oh joy!! Just what I wanted. Another stay in the hospital. I am more ticked off about the hospital than I am about the cataracs. Because of my heart condition, it cannot be a day surgery procedure.

Second vent! They give you these drops that enlarge your pupils so they can see the back of your eyes and if there is any bleeding. No problem there. But why can't they give you drops to counter effect the enlarging. I am sitting here three hours later and am still having a problem seeing.

Vent Three. It seems that they will want to do the left eye first. I don't use my left eye. It is a lazy eye. So do the right eye first. Oh nooo! They want to see if the surgery will improve my vision in that eye. I don't really care if it does. I DON'T use that eye. Sometimes I even close that eye so I can concentrate on what I am seeing with my right eye. Otherwise I would see double.

BIGEST VENT!! They will not be putting me to sleep. It seems they will need my cooperation and will be asking me questions during the surgery. That idea doesn't appeal to me in any way shape or form. I really need to think this whole thing over real good.

I have a lazy right eye and close it to read when not wearing my glasses. After they did the drops, that eye kept trying to focus and would sink down to my nose, it was really funny seeing people's faces when I did that.

The upside is that this surgery did my grandmother a world of good. No longer was she buying blue eyeliner pencils to fill in her eyebrows!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #1785
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I'm stuck in the house all day while my new heating and air conditioning system is being installed. I'm not used to being home all day, I usually find something to get me out of the house.

That and this is costing me about 1/2 what I paid for my car. Yippie! (NOT)

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #1786
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
I have a lazy right eye and close it to read when not wearing my glasses. After they did the drops, that eye kept trying to focus and would sink down to my nose, it was really funny seeing people's faces when I did that.

The upside is that this surgery did my grandmother a world of good. No longer was she buying blue eyeliner pencils to fill in her eyebrows!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #1787
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

No worries, Grasshopper Addie. Cataract surgery is a cakewalk, no pain whatsoever. It's an assembly line, and the most painful thing, for me, was the wait prior to surgery. They give you a relaxant, but you really don't need or want to be asleep. The whole thing is rather fascinating.

They do like to wait between eyes to make sure everything works.

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #1788
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef
I'm stuck in the house all day while my new heating and air conditioning system is being installed. I'm not used to being home all day, I usually find something to get me out of the house.

That and this is costing me about 1/2 what I paid for my car. Yippie! (NOT)
Oh, but think of how nice it will be once it's done, Babe!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #1789
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
No worries, Grasshopper Addie. Cataract surgery is a cakewalk, no pain whatsoever. It's an assembly line, and the most painful thing, for me, was the wait prior to surgery. They give you a relaxant, but you really don't need or want to be asleep. The whole thing is rather fascinating.

They do like to wait between eyes to make sure everything works.

Good luck!
I love to watch surgery. Just not my own.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #1790
Assistant Cook

Been having a hard time with my son. He thinks it funny to hurt people feelings. Hopefully I can spend some extra time with and explain how wrong this is.