Has anyone used coconut oil to Grease the bread pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally I would use butter or light coat of spray. I would not go out of my way to use coconut oil, but if it was closest to hand, maybe. I don't think I would make a habit of it.

There is no one oil better than another depending on what you are looking for.
If you're thinking about it nutritionally then you have to crunch the numbers. Coconut oil is predominately saturated fats.

But Kloe, others will be along with far more details of pro's and con's than I can do!

LOL those were just my personal opinions.

@dragnlaw yes, it's a fact. Coconut oil is 90% saturated and 9% unsaturated fat.

Coconut and palm oil are the two plant oils that have the most saturated fat which is predominately found in animal fat.

I can't see why coconut oil wouldn't work just fine for greasing a bread pan. Parchment paper works too if you want to avoid oils.

I've used coconut oil to grease a sheet pan for focaccia because, unlike olive oil, it doesn't get displaced in the pan, causing the dough to stick. I use a very thin coating of coconut oil and then top it with olive oil for the flavor.

I've used coconut oil to grease a sheet pan for focaccia because, unlike olive oil, it doesn't get displaced in the pan, causing the dough to stick. I use a very thin coating of coconut oil and then top it with olive oil for the flavor.
I like that idea too...thank you

I’m not sure what you grease the pan with matters. But some coconut oils taste neutral and some taste more like coconut so keep that in mind.

Yes, mine is neutral
Is it liquid or solid? If it's liquid, then it's refined and most if not all the taste has been removed mostly through the deodorizing process when making refined oils. Solid of course is considered a virgin product and will have a slight coconut flavor, or, maybe not. Using coconut oil for greasing a pan is as effective as any other oil or fat, use what you have handy. imo.

Also nothing wrong with saturated fat for cooking, it's actually ideal imo especially considering heating polyunsaturated fats from seed oils specifically which has to do with the linoleic acid content in these seed oils that can oxidize from heating and obviously cooking and create free radicals, aldehydes and metabolites that mess with our DNA, protein formation, cell membranes and our electron transport chain by negatively effecting those electrons, not even going to get into the overconsumption of these seed oils in general that are making a total mess of our omega balance that contributes a lot to the chronic inflammation that is effecting a large percentage of the population.

If someone is going to use plant oils then I would suggest they use fruit oils as opposed to seed oil that don't have these volatile fatty acids and those would be olive oil, coconut oil/palm and avocado oil. Probably more information than most wanted, lol. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom