"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #2071
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I only carry my phone because Shrek tells me to. He didn't say I have to turn it on...
My kindred sister.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #2072
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My kindred sister.
It's charged up, has minutes and in my bag...what else could he want??

Old 03-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #2073
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
However, I do believe the world is too much with us.

PS - A little while ago while watching the noon news on TV, there came a strange, tinkling melody. Duh. I didn't reach the phone soon enough and it quit. There may be a message; I'll broach that subject later today. One step at a time.
I was just getting used to my cell phone when I flew home to California in November. For my ring-tone I had put the song "Trust in Jesus" on it. I was sitting at the airport and a couple guys sat down near me. I could see they were fooling around with some electronic device. As I sat I heard a song start to play. The first thought that came to me was, "Hey, those guys are listening to the song that is on my phone!" Then I realized it WAS my phone!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #2074
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I was just getting used to my cell phone when I flew home to California in November. For my ring-tone I had put the song "Trust in Jesus" on it. I was sitting at the airport and a couple guys sat down near me. I could see they were fooling around with some electronic device. As I sat I heard a song start to play. The first thought that came to me was, "Hey, those guys are listening to the song that is on my phone!" Then I realized it WAS my phone!
I love it when a bunch of folks are together and one phone rings. They all reach for their phone. You really can't tell whose phone is ringing unless you have it on your body and set on ring and vibrate together.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #2075
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Imagine my surprise when my mom's phone rings and it's Lady Gaga's Poker Face. That kind of thing will mess with your head! I think that is the only pop song that she knows the lyrics to. It came on in the car and she sang it along with the radio, she usually listens to country!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 AM   #2076
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Imagine my surprise when my mom's phone rings and it's Lady Gaga's Poker Face. That kind of thing will mess with your head! I think that is the only pop song that she knows the lyrics to. It came on in the car and she sang it along with the radio, she usually listens to country!

The secret lives of moms!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:01 AM   #2077
Executive Chef

the sweet secrets we keep....
Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #2078
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here calling myself every name I can think of. Wednesday when I went to talk in front of the City Council, I banged my shin bone getting into the van and broke the skin. The cut is fine. But where I banged the bone is extremely painful. On scale of one to ten, the pain is an 11. I cannot walk oni it. I knew early this morning that there was going to be pain. But I refused to take pain pills. I had plans to go get my Peeps. I can forget that idea. I am not sure I will be able to say seated on my scooter. And I sure don't want to fall down and break a hip. I did this to myself. I am always doing stupid things to myself so that I don't put other people out of the way. All I had to do was to ask for help getting into the van. The van was too high for me. I knew that when they first opened the door. "Oh no. I don't need help. I can do it myself. Thank you for asking." What is wrong with that stupid statement that I am constantly making to other people. What hapened to my New Years resolution to stop being so stubborn. I need someone to hit me up side of my head and knock some sense into me Any volunteers?

Vent over!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #2079
Master Chef

Addie,

Always let people help, it makes them feel good and that is enough of a reason.

When you get your Peeps make sure you put one in the microwave and watch the show.

I hate to eat them but, I love watching them in the microwave.

Cheep fun ya might say!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #2080
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Addie,

Always let people help, it makes them feel good and that is enough of a reason.

When you get your Peeps make sure you put one in the microwave and watch the show.

I hate to eat them but, I love watching them in the microwave.

Cheep fun ya might say!
Cheep Cheep! I will have to buy six. I always eat just four. It is my treat for the year. Cheep Cheep!