"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #2091
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Merlot, PF, and Laurie, I am praying for each situation.
+1
I hope things get better for you guys.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #2092
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
+1

Thanks Barbara and Jess.

BF, Bratfink*, is comfortable and they are planning surgery. Things are going as good as possible right now.

*Bratfink is the one who named me PrincessFiona...

Old 03-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #2093
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe

+1
+2

My thoughts are with you.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #2094
Executive Chef

Rusha-frusha-grrr cat. Just because the cupboards are currently empty doesn't mean you can play in them, especially while I'm trying to put stuff in them. And please, for the sake of my sanity, stop trying to sleep on my feet while I'm trying to get stuff done. Also, I know this is a new place but is it really neccessary to race into every closet I open and refuse to get out until you are done sniffing it. Again. I promise, not much has changed since the last time you sniffed it. And just because we don't have a table yet or chairs in here and therefore are sitting on the floor to eat doesn't mean we want your nose in our food. And since we're on the subject of food, a new home doesn't mean a new feeding time, or extra feeding times, or extra food. Furthermore, you may think it's fun to shoot out of all the new hiding places you've found and attack my feet but sooner or later you're going to get trampled and I'm only going to feel a little sorry for you. Finally, I know you love cathcing the spiders that caught a ride on the boxes, and I appreciate that you are killing them off for me, but please please please stop DROPPING THEM AT MY FEET! I get it, your a crazy skilled hunter but I'm an arachnophobe and you're going to give me a flipping heart attack! Just eat them and be done with it. Seriously furball, I love you but you're about to get yourself locked in the bedroom.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #2095
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Rusha-frusha-grrr cat. Just because the cupboards are currently empty doesn't mean you can play in them, especially while I'm trying to put stuff in them. And please, for the sake of my sanity, stop trying to sleep on my feet while I'm trying to get stuff done. Also, I know this is a new place but is it really neccessary to race into every closet I open and refuse to get out until you are done sniffing it. Again. I promise, not much has changed since the last time you sniffed it. And just because we don't have a table yet or chairs in here and therefore are sitting on the floor to eat doesn't mean we want your nose in our food. And since we're on the subject of food, a new home doesn't mean a new feeding time, or extra feeding times, or extra food. Furthermore, you may think it's fun to shoot out of all the new hiding places you've found and attack my feet but sooner or later you're going to get trampled and I'm only going to feel a little sorry for you. Finally, I know you love cathcing the spiders that caught a ride on the boxes, and I appreciate that you are killing them off for me, but please please please stop DROPPING THEM AT MY FEET! I get it, your a crazy skilled hunter but I'm an arachnophobe and you're going to give me a flipping heart attack! Just eat them and be done with it. Seriously furball, I love you but you're about to get yourself locked in the bedroom.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #2096
Sous Chef

Thank you all and I am praying for the others
Old 03-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #2097
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
(((Hugs Laurie))) I hope all goes well with the bakery and the wedding.
Ditto here. You have to know when to throw in the towel. Concentrate on one item. The wedding. For those folks who want their money, RIGHT NOW? They are more concerned with closing their books for the month of March than the fact that you are still in the grieving process. Concentrate of happy right now. Weddings are happy. Grieving is sadness. They don't mix very well. Tell everyone else they will have to wait until April. After the wedding take some time for yourself.

One thing to remember. You are on one end of that telephone. Your telephone. You pay that bill. Not the other person on the other end. Hang up. If you don't feel like talking on it, you don't have to. It is your phone. Rude? Sure. But is the other person being considerate of your feelings at this time in your life? Give yourself some slack. You deserve it.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #2098
Chef Extraordinaire

My leg is feeling so much better today. Lesson learned. Ask for help.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #2099
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My leg is feeling so much better today. Lesson learned. Ask for help.
Yay!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #2100
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Yay!
Thank you.