"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #2271
Chef Extraordinaire

Sprout, I just reread your post. If you weren't knowledgable yourself, and the doctor hadn't explained why no antibiotics, her statement to any other parent who wasn't as knowledgeable, could have left them feeling less than confident in the doctors diagnosis and recommendations. Definitely report her. All she was supposed to do was relay (what you already knew) the doctors recommendations. Her remarks went beyond the scope of her job. Unless she sees something that is potentially life threateninig to a patient, she should not be relaying information that is not on that discharge sheet. And even then, she should speak directly to the doctor if she finds something wrong. And in private. Not to the patient or parent.

How many times have you asked a nurse a question and she has replied with, "The doctor will speak to you shortly." Or some such thing. It's the doctor's place to dispense such information. And he did. Her remarks were not only wrong, but not in her job description.

Correct me if I am wrong PF.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #2272
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sprout, I just reread your post. If you weren't knowledgable yourself, and the doctor hadn't explained why no antibiotics, her statement to any other parent who wasn't as knowledgeable, could have left them feeling less than confident in the doctors diagnosis and recommendations. Definitely report her. All she was supposed to do was relay (what you already knew) the doctors recommendations. Her remarks went beyond the scope of her job. Unless she sees something that is potentially life threateninig to a patient, she should not be relaying information that is not on that discharge sheet. And even then, she should speak directly to the doctor if she finds something wrong. And in private. Not to the patient or parent.

How many times have you asked a nurse a question and she has replied with, "The doctor will speak to you shortly." Or some such thing. It's the doctor's place to dispense such information. And he did. Her remarks were not only wrong, but not in her job description.

Correct me if I am wrong PF.
I agree with you, Addie. The nurse should never question why, unless it's to voice her misgivings to the doctor. Not the patient.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #2273
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
What a day this has been. RN who got me ready for dialyzing today did it right this time. Last time several weeks ago he goofed it up so bad that they had to use one needle and the other my perm cath. This bugged me no end but I let it go. I am so anzious to have this thing out wellllll, Today my kidney doctor came in and asked this jackanapes his idea on taking out the perm cath???? Here is what he got for an answer. This from the RN who doesn't like the Doctor who put in my graft. Oh no it's not ready yet, he the doc needs to see it. blah,blah,blah, Here is what I got me who thought wed. another RN was going to call for me for an appointment.My kidney doc wants me to wait 2-3 more weeks. I could just scream...I haven't been able to swim since 07 and now this crap. I've about had it all the way around. Guess I'm being to fussy but need to vent big time.Everything is piling up on me and my patience is about shot.
kades
Oh, Ma! I know how much you were hoping to get rid of the cath. I'm sorry! More Hugs!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #2274
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

So sorry, Ma! Hoping it works out for you soon!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #2275
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Oh, Ma! I know how much you were hoping to get rid of the cath. I'm sorry! More Hugs!
Thank you, your hugs are the best.
ma
Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #2276
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
So sorry, Ma! Hoping it works out for you soon!
me too, thanks for thinking of me
ma
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #2277
Executive Chef

Grr, I think I'm getting sick. I haven't been in this job long enough to get sick! Stupid germs.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #2278
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Grr, I think I'm getting sick. I haven't been in this job long enough to get sick! Stupid germs.
(((hugs))) Drink lots of fluids and take some vitamin C. And think healthy thoughts.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #2279
Executive Chef

Thanks TL. Will do.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #2280
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Thanks TL. Will do.
What kind of sick? Cough and congestion? or Pukey?