"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #3431
Chef Extraordinaire

TMI, Addie, TMI.

I'm aggravated that my arm and hand still hurt from last weeken's fall. I haven't gotten done nearly as much as I'd hoped.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #3432
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
TMI, Addie, TMI.

I'm aggravated that my arm and hand still hurt from last weeken's fall. I haven't gotten done nearly as much as I'd hoped.
Any bruising GG? Have you tried a warm pack on it? I sure hope it feels better soon.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #3433
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Any bruising GG? Have you tried a warm pack on it? I sure hope it feels better soon.
+1
Old 12-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #3434
Chef Extraordinaire

Hope it heals quickly GG
Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #3435
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks, guys. It's finally a little better today. I went to the doctor yesterday and she warned me about making sure I move the arm so I don't get frozen shoulder. DH had that and ended up having surgery. Don't want that to happen. We put on an ice pack on it every 10 minutes for about an hour after it first happened. Nothing since then but it is getting better.

Now doing some online shopping for DH and hope to get some baking done today.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #3436
Chef Extraordinaire

At least I got my shopping done. Had a blood test today and just got a call from the doctor's office - he wants me to go to the ER because my hemoglobin is really low. I've been here many times before; told him I'd go in the morning. They'll have to do a confirmation test, type and cross, get the blood and get it going - by that time it'll be 2 in the morning and I may or may not be in a room. Don't blow a gasket, PF, but it can wait Going to bed now.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #3437
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
At least I got my shopping done. Had a blood test today and just got a call from the doctor's office - he wants me to go to the ER because my hemoglobin is really low. I've been here many times before; told him I'd go in the morning. They'll have to do a confirmation test, type and cross, get the blood and get it going - by that time it'll be 2 in the morning and I may or may not be in a room. Don't blow a gasket, PF, but it can wait Going to bed now.
If you've been there before and you think it can wait, I think you are right. If this was a new experience I would be losing it all over! Take care, get some good fluids in so they can find a vein on one stick.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #3438
Chef Extraordinaire

Just wanted to say hi, hangin' in the ER, waiting for a room upstairs. All going fine.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #3439
Executive Chef

gee, gg, i'm sure sorry that you hafta be in the hospital right now. i know you'd rather be elsewhere...maybe you could think of this as an overnight at a B&B, instead--with nice, smiling people bringing your meals to you bedside in covered dishes, pitchers of ice water, and seeing to your every need and creature comfort. a brief respite from your responsibilities and xmas preparations--not so bad, really. just you and your pc, maybe dropping in at dc w/your dc friends, cable tv if you want it, any books or magazines to read....have a nice, restful stay at your b&b, gg, and return home refreshed and ready to resume work again on your holiday plans....:)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #3440
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Just wanted to say hi, hangin' in the ER, waiting for a room upstairs. All going fine.
Waiting is...I hope it goes well for you!.