Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it's more than a "cooking forum". Otherwise THIS thread wouldn't be allowed either! :LOL:

Cave, at the bottom of every page is a blue bar with links. One is titled "Community Rules". It wouldn't hurt if a lot of us reviewed these every once in a while to remind ourselves to be polite. I know I've backed off a few things just by reminding myself to be nice. And the last rule? "Discussions about politics and religion are not permitted." Makes this a kinder and gentler forum. :flowers:

Okay. The only sugar in my diet is the sugar in my coffee. So I am sitting here watching a story about Maple Leaf Cookies made in Toronto. Now I want some!:mad: Why aren't these shipped down here? They better be on our store shelves by Monday when I go shopping. Or I will declare all diabetics to gather at the border and raid your stores. We will declare war on Maple Leaf Cookies of Canada! Why should our neighbors to the north have all the good stuff? :angel:

I'm very unhappy. I went to court for the vandalism of Joy, and the boys didn't come. Their lawyer said they needed another postponement because they had some "issues" that had some priority.

I'm unhappy and I am mad! The judge seemed annoyed, and he put the next date to March 25, and said that should give them enough time to "square away their issues" and to be "prepared to come to court."

I found out he is our judge on the 25th. The DA and my lawyer said this was good, but I'm still upset and angry. But it's better than nothing, yes?

I know this sounds very bad, but I want them to pay for this! I want my money back and I want them to be punished. I want to face them!

I know some of you here may think I might back away and give up, but no, I will not. Never! I didn't deserve this, I did nothing wrong to warrant such damage to Joy, and I won't stand for any compromises.

I'm sorry if I sound very rude, but those boys and their excuses may go to a very warm place and I intend to make sure they are punished!

I'm sorry for being angry.

With love,
~Cat

Don't be sorry for being angry. I would be angry too. I would also be angry at their rudeness in not showing up. That wastes everyone else's time.

I'm very unhappy. I went to court for the vandalism of Joy, and the boys didn't come. Their lawyer said they needed another postponement because they had some "issues" that had some priority.

I'm unhappy and I am mad! The judge seemed annoyed, and he put the next date to March 25, and said that should give them enough time to "square away their issues" and to be "prepared to come to court."

I found out he is our judge on the 25th. The DA and my lawyer said this was good, but I'm still upset and angry. But it's better than nothing, yes?

I know this sounds very bad, but I want them to pay for this! I want my money back and I want them to be punished. I want to face them!

I know some of you here may think I might back away and give up, but no, I will not. Never! I didn't deserve this, I did nothing wrong to warrant such damage to Joy, and I won't stand for any compromises.

I'm sorry if I sound very rude, but those boys and their excuses may go to a very warm place and I intend to make sure they are punished!

I'm sorry for being angry.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, this is very typical for our court system. Delay after delay. But the judge will see what they are up to. So don't worry. You will have your day in court. The next time it may be that their lawyer has another case in another court and can't be there for you case. Be patient

For really big cases where there are several lawyers involved, it can take two or three years for a case to come to trial. For example, the surviving Marathon Bomber has not been tried yet. In fact, a date for his trial has not even been set. The lawyers are still filing motions. Our legal system moves slowly. Those "other issues" could very well be other appearances they have to make in other courts.

So the next time you have to go to court, it may be that the judge has other commitments or a lawyer does. Just take a deep breath and smile. But if it is the defendants, they better have a good reason why they are not in court that day. Or the judge may put out a bench warrant for them. And that is not a good thing. They will find the sheriff knocking on their door at three in the morning with handcuffs waiting for them.

There is a set of rules for the way a case is tried. And one of them is Discovery. Their lawyer has the right to see the video that shows them slicing the tires. Your lawyer has to turn over all the evidence she has against them. Their lawyer may advise them to plead guilty when he sees the evidence. In doing so your lawyer will not get the chance to question them. The judge will immediately pass sentence. If this is their first offence they may have to make restitution and just get probation. You won't even be asked to testify or even speak one word. Any talking will be between the judge and lawyers only. And in less than ten minutes it will all be over. So don't get angry or be surprised. :angel:

But everything has been given to their defense lawyer! The video, the boys with machetes, everything! The DA and my lawyer have said this. They have the same as we do!

We were told this is their last chance, for it was already postponed again from January 2, when Mamma and Papa were here and were to go with me, remember this? I think I said this before then.

This is the third postponement and the judge won't be willing to allow another.

My lawyer has said they would pay me for the damage if I would settle for this.

NO! They are trying to sneak away from responsibility and I will have nothing to do with their tricks.

He says they think I'm a dumb immigrant who has "delusions of grandeur."

I'll show them a dumb immigrant. I'm an American, and I'm mad as h3ll and I won't give up until I receive justice, right and proper.

I am a strong girl, and I will not stop until I win. I will win. I am not taking their poo.

I'm sorry, I'm mad.

I'm sorry for being so bad, but it's how I feel. I think before I think of this any more, it is very late, and I think it's best I go to my bed with my Bible and read some of it.

I think also I have said enough for tonight.

With love,
~Cat

Okay. The only sugar in my diet is the sugar in my coffee. So I am sitting here watching a story about Maple Leaf Cookies made in Toronto. Now I want some!:mad: Why aren't these shipped down here? They better be on our store shelves by Monday when I go shopping. Or I will declare all diabetics to gather at the border and raid your stores. We will declare war on Maple Leaf Cookies of Canada! Why should our neighbors to the north have all the good stuff? :angel:

We have these in our local store, too sweet for me!

Dare Foods | Ultimate | Maple Leaf

The ones I miss are the Peek Freans assorted biscuits from Canada, I guess the old truck finally broke down!

van.jpg

But everything has been given to their defense lawyer! The video, the boys with machetes, everything! The DA and my lawyer have said this. They have the same as we do!

We were told this is their last chance, for it was already postponed again from January 2, when Mamma and Papa were here and were to go with me, remember this? I think I said this before then.

This is the third postponement and the judge won't be willing to allow another.

My lawyer has said they would pay me for the damage if I would settle for this.

NO! They are trying to sneak away from responsibility and I will have nothing to do with their tricks.

He says they think I'm a dumb immigrant who has "delusions of grandeur."

I'll show them a dumb immigrant. I'm an American, and I'm mad as h3ll and I won't give up until I receive justice, right and proper.

I am a strong girl, and I will not stop until I win. I will win. I am not taking their poo.

I'm sorry, I'm mad.

I'm sorry for being so bad, but it's how I feel. I think before I think of this any more, it is very late, and I think it's best I go to my bed with my Bible and read some of it.

I think also I have said enough for tonight.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, there is no need for you to apologize for being angry and wanting justice. And you will get it. These boys are obviously trying to abuse the system and the judge knows it. So they are risking a lot by making him angry.

I think Addie has been watching a little too much "Law and Order." ;)

This is so stupid, though. All of this mess because some stupid boy didn't take my no for an answer when he asked me for a date after several times of being told no.

He said I would pay for it and I did, and my poor Joy suffered such damage.

With love,
~Cat

This is so stupid, though. All of this mess because some stupid boy didn't take my no for an answer when he asked me for a date after several times of being told no.

He said I would pay for it and I did, and my poor Joy suffered such damage.

With love,
~Cat

The most effective way you can show him what the word "No" means is to have Carl at your side sitting with his arm around you. It will speak volumes. :angel:

The most effective way you can show him what the word "No" means is to have Carl at your side sitting with his arm around you. It will speak volumes. :angel:

It would also be a lie, since they've broken up. That part is over. Now he just has to face his punishment. Cat can take care of it without misrepresenting herself and Carl.

Cat, there is no need for you to apologize for being angry and wanting justice. And you will get it. These boys are obviously trying to abuse the system and the judge knows it. So they are risking a lot by making him angry.

I think Addie has been watching a little too much "Law and Order." ;)

Addie has never seen even one episode of "Law and Order". Addie has been a legal secretary and knows very well how the system works. It isn't just the boys who are abusing the system, but their lawyer. The lawyer is using this tactic of trying to wear Cat down. A very common tactic. And the judge sees this. Have you ever had to reschedule someone's calendar for a whole month because the defendant has chosen to take their chances with a full trial with a jury? I have worked on local traffic ticket cases to full blown federal RICO trials. I know the system well.

You were too quick to jump to judgment without knowing all the facts. :angel:

Dang, Dang, Dang!

I got a shrimp tray for us, was careful and had just a half of one and waited 30 minutes. Nothing. Had 1.5, 30 minutes, nothing. So had 3 more shrimp...no sauce, just a little lemon juice on them. Got the itchies and my lips are tingling. No breathing problems. I'm going to go take a Benedryl.

Good thing I enjoyed the last shrimp I get to eat.

Dang, Dang, Dang!

I got a shrimp tray for us, was careful and had just a half of one and waited 30 minutes. Nothing. Had 1.5, 30 minutes, nothing. So had 3 more shrimp...no sauce, just a little lemon juice on them. Got the itchies and my lips are tingling. No breathing problems. I'm going to go take a Benedryl.

Good thing I enjoyed the last shrimp I get to eat.

Darn it, PF, that just sucks! I'm sorry.

Well, at least I know now and it didn't cost me hundreds to find out from an allergist. I'll be careful when ordering in restaurants. Poor Shrek has to eat the whole shrimp tray on his own.

Back
Top Bottom