Here's a stab at some rules. These are open for discussion of course.
1. All recipes must be made from scratch, i.e. can't use ready made sauces, or pre-cooked items, except where fresh ingredients are not available, such as tomatoes and herbs/spices, etc.
2. All recipes must be made within a specified time period. That time period should not exceed 2 hours (we don't have multiple stoves, ovens, and cooking equipments like they do in kitchen stadium). honor system will govern this, or there could be a start and finish time provided by athe moderator nd agreed upon by the contestants.
3. Can have more than 2 contestants per contest.
4. Secret ingredient must be commonly available to all contestants.
5. Food requirements should include at least 1 entre', two or more sides, and a desert. All portions must utilyse the theme ingredient.
6. Contestants must do their own cooking, plating, and presentation. Helpers can be used under the direction of the head cook.
7. Contestants must not alter (enhance) the photograghs, except to make up for the weakness of the camera equipment. The photo must resemble, as close as possible, the actual food.
8. If anyone makes "trout ice cream" the rest of us will boo and hiss loudly.
Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North