What Am I Listening To Right Now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Joy to the World" - TDN

okay ----------------

I never read it in a book
I never saw it on a show................

I never saw it on a show
but I heard it in the alley
on a weird radio...............

Geez... okay, that's enough time. (I actually didn't think it was so obscure) - - from the Ozark Mountain Daredevils.

I never saw it on a show
on a weird radio

if you want a drink of water
you got to get it from a well
if you want to get to heaven
you got to raise a little he11

I never felt it in my feet
I never felt it in my soul
but I heard it the alley
now it's in my rock and roll

if you want to know a secret
you got to promise not to tell
(HARP SOLO)

(GUITAR SOLO)

I never thought it'd be so easy
I never though it'd be so fun
now I got it on the run

if you want to see an angel
you got to find it where it fell
(GUITARS & HARP STUFF)

Yeah, I guess. It's not really even what I'd call a 'favorite'... It was just a song I thought of that I used to hear all the time. Maybe I'm just getting old :neutral:, or maybe it just got a lot more air play in some regions. I'm frequently surprised when I run into someone (in real life and on line) who isn't familiar with certain songs that I think are 'standards'.

Z I have never even heard of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. What kind of music do they play?

The Ozark Mountain Daredevils sound could probably be most simply described as country rock, similar to groups like Pure Prarie League, the Marshall Tucker Band and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. The enjoyed mainstream popularity in the 70's using mainly country instruments (banjo, fiddle, harmonica) and sweet vocal harmonies to make music outside the traditional country sound. I think their greatest commercial success was a single release in (I think 1974) called "Jackie Blue".

Last edited:
It's pretty 'dated' now I think... you might not like it. I'm not sure how strongly I'd recommend it.

If you're interested in county-style music or alternative country I would, however, recommend another artist you probably don't know - - Kasey Chambers, particularly the album called 'The Captain'. Check it out.

There is not a style or genre of music I have found that I did not enjoy (at least something in it). I like the Marshall Tucker Band and love CSN&Y. What really stoked my interest though was when you said banjo, fiddle, harmonica. I love all three :)

Well... They're certainly different. LOL

I used to have one or two of their albums (back in 'the day') but now, when I listen to 'samples' I'm all :rolleyes: . They did have some interesting stuff. I think my fave was the one I quoted, "If You Want to Get to Heaven"... "Chicken Train" also makes me smile. (They also had some kind of nice ballad-style songs)

Back
Top Bottom