What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on mom - her UTI is back with a vengeance, she's dehydrated, and her electrolytes are out of whack. Going to be in hospital longer this time so she can build her strength back up.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I'm sorry to hear that CJT, but I hope this time they keep her in until she is well enough to go home. It makes it hard on everyone, but it is harder when it keeps coming back. Big hugs to both you and your Mom.

My Naturopath is very concerned about my acute pain in my right side. She said that she is sure there was some more damage to my liver when I fell and the fact only x-rays were taken to check the ribs isn't sitting well with her. She wants me to go back to the hospital with the pain and get an ultrasound and blood tests. She is a medical doctor as well, but not practicing so she can't order the tests herself. I trust her completely. She gave me another vitamin IV treatment today and it worked wonders! I still am in pain, but have the energy to cope with it.

The apartment manager knock on my door early this afternoon. She hadn't seen me for a couple of weeks and wanted to know if I was all right. Then we got talking about my neighbor. I told her that this morning around ten a.m. there was a loud crash that came from her apartment. Loud enough that it woke me out of a sound sleep. She mentioned that the police have been here twice and did I know if it was for her? I haven't seen them, but I have been sick with this stinking cold and have been staying in my apartment. I don't want to infect anyone in the building. I also mentioned that there was a loud argument going on. The manager suspects that the granddaughter is staying with her. She is homeless. I was going to call the police this morning when I heard the loud crash. But I am so reluctant to bring more troubles on her. I am sorry now that I didn't. Like it or not I am going to have to get involved.

Oh, Addie, I'm sure that getting involved and helping neighbors will be just up your alley. :angel: Good luck.

Update on mom - her UTI is back with a vengeance, she's dehydrated, and her electrolytes are out of whack. Going to be in hospital longer this time so she can build her strength back up.

Speaking from experience with my elderly mother and UTIs, don't get too worried if your mum is unusually confused and out of it. It's a well-known side effect and usually clears up once the UTI s sorted out.
Hope the hospital gets its act together and she's feeling better soon.

We don't mind, Creative! Would love to see your paintings. Random Photos would work too. Also, on the What Are You Doing thread, we've posted sewing, woodworking, gun making, car shows, all sorts of things. I'm thinking we might have a My Projects thread here somewhere, or you could start a new one.

I just got my teeth cleaned, and stopped at Walgreen's for a new passport picture. :shudder: :yuck: Like drivers licenses, there is no smiling allowed, so now everything gets to look like a mugshot.
When I took my form and photo to the office to get my old biddies' bus pass I was made to go away and get another photo TWICE before they'd accept it because:-

My hair wasn't behind my ears - I had to scrape it back with a stretchy head band before they would accept a photo.

My facial expression was "inappropriate" - I think I wasn't scowling fiercely enough. It's apparently not enough just to avoid smiling

I was wearing make-up (nothing exciting or theatrical - just a little powder, mascara and fairly neutral lipstick.) There was nothing in the instructions about this.

The result is that I look like a mad axe-murderer 20 years older than I am. A friend who picked up my bus pass the other day didn't realise it was mine! Even the bus driver does a double take if he hasn't seen me before!

If I was arrested the photos would be more flattering!

When I took my form and photo to the office to get my old biddies' bus pass I was made to go away and get another photo TWICE before they'd accept it because:-

My hair wasn't behind my ears - I had to scrape it back with a stretchy head band before they would accept a photo.

My facial expression was "inappropriate" - I think I wasn't scowling fiercely enough. It's apparently not enough just to avoid smiling

I was wearing make-up (nothing exciting or theatrical - just a little powder, mascara and fairly neutral lipstick.) There was nothing in the instructions about this.

The result is that I look like a mad axe-murderer 20 years older than I am. A friend who picked up my bus pass the other day didn't realise it was mine! Even the bus driver does a double take if he hasn't seen me before!

If I was arrested the photos would be more flattering!

:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

You just made my day, MC! At least my picture almost resembles me!

Last edited:
Being wicked excited that our friends finally got a baby. They have been in the adoption process for a couple years now and they got the call, dropped everything and flew cross country to get their little boy!

This is one lucky little guy, two people who wanted nothing more than to be parents have adopted him. They are going to make a wonderful mom and dad!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Being wicked excited that our friends finally got a baby. They have been in the adoption process for a couple years now and they got the call, dropped everything and flew cross country to get their little boy!

This is one lucky little guy, two people who wanted nothing more than to be parents have adopted him. They are going to make a wonderful mom and dad!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Great news! Nothing like a new baby to make one's day. :angel:

Bella and i just finished watering the container veggie plants and gathered our harvest. This morning's haul included about a pint of grape/cherry/pear tomatoes. At least the ones I could get my hands on. There are more I can see.

Then I went over to the two roma plants and ended up with at least a dozen huge, ruby-red beauties. These poor plants are literally bending to the ground they are so loaded with fruit. Definitely gonna be able to make some sauce this year to can. Yeah!!

Great news for your friends, bakechef. All their patient, and unpatient, waiting is being rewarded. Best wishes to them all!!!!

Congrats for your friends, Bakechef! That is wonderful news.

We are heading across the river to get bread this morning. It is going to be another hot day and they have warnings out for the smog levels so I will have to be extra careful while out with my asthma.

I am sitting here at the computer listening to some favorite opera and classical music while I do some research for my son. He is at work and needs it by tonight. I am having a very pleasant day. I hope all of are also. :angel:

LABELER - thank you for the good wishes. She seems to be doing better today - ate a good breakfast and lunch and had physical therapy today.

Mad Cook - she seems to be doing better today, thank you. Ate a good breakfast and lunch and did physical therapy.

We are back, but I am not leaving the house again until after 6. The heat, humidity and smog are doing several numbers on my health. It is 26 C, feeling like 30. And it could get higher :wacko:

LABELER - thank you for the good wishes. She seems to be doing better today - ate a good breakfast and lunch and had physical therapy today.

It is good to hear such happy news. I am so glad you have the good sense to know when to get her back to the hospital. You would be surprised how many children chalk up the complaints of the elderly to just being difficult. I am so glad you listen to her. :angel:

Thank you so much, Addie. My mom and my kids / grandkids mean so much to me. I don't know what I would do if something happened to any of them.

Just got back from a family funeral today. On Monday there will be another.

My late husbands favorite Uncle was today, and Monday will be the funeral of my dear father-in-law. Those brothers were so close in life, and it seems fitting they were only without one another for three days. My late husband came from a family of great men, and my sons carry on the legacy. No matter the circumstances, it's always hard to say goodby to those we love.

Sorry to hear of your losses, Kayelle. It seems that many older siblings die close to each other, and many times, spouses. It's like they're sticking around for the other and once they are gone they have to OK to go, too.

Back
Top Bottom