What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watching movies today. It's 71 degrees today and we're inside watching movies :LOL:

Rob and I just went out on the back deck for 30 seconds just so that we could say that we didn't stay inside all day...

Watching the Grammys with some FB friends. Who the heck was that woman singing with my heartthrob, Tom Jones? She had on (barely) the strangest dress I've ever seen.

All you need is an Ogre and a skate! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Free%20Vector%20Pelican%20with%20Broken%20Foot1149.jpg

LOL!!

The singer is Lady Gaga. It just finished over here.

No, I don't think so. Gaga sang with Tony Bennett. And looked pretty classy while doing it.

Ah, it was Jessie J. Never heard of her. She looked somewhat ridiculous.

Last edited:
I loved this year's Grammys! Fun to watch. Those weird blond girls were still kind of weird though.

I have been up all night. And I got up around 7:30 yesterday and had no naps at all. I am developing a real sleeping problem. This started about three months ago. I wasn't to concerned. Where was I going? Nowhere. But the hours I am not sleeping is getting longer and longer. Now I am concerned. I am tired, but every time I lay down, I become wide awake. I will mention this when I go to Winthrop for my monthly checkup.

Well, the governor has finally declared that we are in a state of emergency. I could have told him that a week ago. Now we will be eligible for financial aid from Washington. :angel:

I have been up all night. And I got up around 7:30 yesterday and had no naps at all. I am developing a real sleeping problem. This started about three months ago. I wasn't to concerned. Where was I going? Nowhere. But the hours I am not sleeping is getting longer and longer. Now I am concerned. I am tired, but every time I lay down, I become wide awake. I will mention this when I go to Winthrop for my monthly checkup.

Well, the governor has finally declared that we are in a state of emergency. I could have told him that a week ago. Now we will be eligible for financial aid from Washington. :angel:

What are your daily activities like? I have trouble sleeping when I don't do anything all day. The other day I felt like I needed a day of doing nothing after putting up with all the snow removal and crazy weather I woke up and instead of going into the gym and doing my morning hour I went and sat on the couch. My wife made me fruit salad granola for breakfast, I watched tv for a few hours, then went and played around in the vault for a bit tidying up and made some ammo, listened to a few albums, then after the kids got home from my mothers house ate dinner and watched more TV.. Very unproductive and lazy..

Well at night I could NOT fall a sleep, I made sure not to over eat since I didnt burn much energy, and I still could not get to sleep, I kept tossing turning, and just laying there with my eyes closed, I ended up going down to the gym and doing a 90 minute session, BIG MISTAKE, then I really couldn't sleep.

I ended up dosing off around 4am and waking up at 7am... Your body gets used to burning energy so when you don't and then have a bunch left over it doesnt like going to sleep, maybe you just need some more to do during the day, you can come over my way I will put you to work :) , lol...

Addie, I sometimes have trouble sleeping but it doesn't usually go on for more than a couple days before I finally get some sleep. I don't like to take any meds for it. Sometimes I use some relaxation techniques, like deep breathing, meditation, listen to the overnight radio shows, or I get up and read a bit until I feel sleepy. It was really bad when I was still working because just when I would start to fall asleep it was time to get up for work. Now if I eventually fall asleep I don't have to get up. I never sleep more than 1 or 2 hours at a time. Wake up often during the night. I try not to let myself become too awake.

I have applied something I read to help me sleep sometimes, i.e. when I get restless in bed. I read that if you keep moving around in bed, then it sends a message to the brain that you are active. So I consciously try to keep myself still (once comfortable), i.e. resist the urge to keep moving arms and legs. Simultaneously I calm my mind/turn off thoughts as best I can. It really does work!! ;) :)

This morning was spent cleaning off and moving cars so the Bobcat could clear our parking spaces. We had the chance to reciprocate and clear off and move cars for two neighbors.

Interesting side note. Yesterday, we went out during the storm to get some groceries. SO called an elderly woman two doors down and asked if she needed anything ant the supermarket. She said no but would we please stop at the liquor store and buy her a big bottle of Seagram's VO. We did.

...Yesterday, we went out during the storm to get some groceries. SO called an elderly woman two doors down and asked if she needed anything ant the supermarket. She said no but would we please stop at the liquor store and buy her a big bottle of Seagram's VO. We did.
I like the way your neighbor thinks, Andy. ;)

I'm still trying to cough up a lung, but at least I can breathe today and have energy back. I refuse to let a cold keep me down the supposed week. If those germs want to stay with me, they'd better keep up! Instead, they head for an easy host...Himself. I'm still prodding him to head out the door and clear our driveway. It will be a long walk for him to return those DVDs to the library if I can't drive out of here tomorrow! :LOL:

Have you tried Lavender oil on your pillow or rubbed on your temples? I find it very useful when I have a bad fit of the MOTNIs (Middle Of The Night Insomnia)

I spent yesterday afternoon in the garage sorting out the freezer. It was seriously in need of a re-organisation. Found things I forgot I'd got.

Today I spent the afternoon cooking up a storm with some of my discoveries. There were one or two surprises. For example, I'd found a box of what I thought was Bolognese ragu so decided to make lasagne and cannelloni. However, when I got to it it turns out that it's shepherd's pie filling made with ground lamb! What the hell, I thought, and went ahead as I'd already made the bechamel. So now I have shepherd's lasagne and cannelloni pastore!

I really MUST start labelling things I consign to the freezer!

I also found some frozen gooseberries so I made some gooseberry sauce for eating with mackerel or other oily fish.

Feeling very pleased with myself.

I spent yesterday afternoon in the garage sorting out the freezer. It was seriously in need of a re-organisation. Found things I forgot I'd got.

Today I spent the afternoon cooking up a storm with some of my discoveries. There were one or two surprises. For example, I'd found a box of what I thought was Bolognese ragu so decided to make lasagne and cannelloni. However, when I got to it it turns out that it's shepherd's pie filling made with ground lamb! What the hell, I thought, and went ahead as I'd already made the bechamel. So now I have shepherd's lasagne and cannelloni pastore!

I really MUST start labelling things I consign to the freezer!

I also found some frozen gooseberries so I made some gooseberry sauce for eating with mackerel or other oily fish.

Feeling very pleased with myself.
Sorting stuff out is always a good feeling and, as you found, making discoveries along the way! ;)

Addie, I sometimes have trouble sleeping but it doesn't usually go on for more than a couple days before I finally get some sleep. I don't like to take any meds for it. Sometimes I use some relaxation techniques, like deep breathing, meditation, listen to the overnight radio shows, or I get up and read a bit until I feel sleepy. It was really bad when I was still working because just when I would start to fall asleep it was time to get up for work. Now if I eventually fall asleep I don't have to get up. I never sleep more than 1 or 2 hours at a time. Wake up often during the night. I try not to let myself become too awake.

I finally know what is setting off these bouts of not sleeping. I have neuropathy in the leg where I had a very large skin graft placed. In the middle of the night my leg will start acting up and my sleep gets interrupted. I end up having to get up, take 8 mgs. of gabapentin and stand until it kicks in. That can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes. By then I am wide awake and am off to a round of not sleeping at nights for a week or even longer. Before you know it, I am in a vicious cycle. Up for 24 hours or longer, sleep around the clock or longer. Drives me crazy. I am now getting smarter in scheduling my medical appointments.

I try to make them for the afternoon. But this is not always possible. My cardio only sees patients in the morning, and my cardio vascular doctor has afternoon patients. If I didn't have so many medical appointments, it wouldn't bother me. One good thing that all this crazy weather is doing, is making it impossible to keep any appointments. All appointments have been cancelled until further notice. Yea! It gives me time to deal with this crazy problem. I can't even make it to Winthrop. Just too much dang snow. Vehicles can barely get in and out of our driveway. There is just no place to put anymore snow. So while they work on that problem, I will work on mine. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom