What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is trash day in my neighborhood.

I was out for my morning walk, silently judging the contents of people’s recycling bins, when I spied a vintage Griswold No.7 cast iron skillet.

I carried it the last mile of my walk and I swear that my left arm is now a half inch longer than my right arm.

Today’s project will be cleaning it up and getting it back into service for the next hundred years. 🍳🍳🍳

“I would rather have people laugh at my economies than weep for my extravagance.”
- King Oscar II of Sweden

Last edited:
Today is trash day in my neighborhood.

I was out for my morning walk, silently judging the contents of people’s recycling bins, when I spied a vintage Griswold No.7 cast iron skillet.

I carried it the last mile of my walk and I swear that my left arm is now a half inch longer than my right arm.

Today’s project will be cleaning it up and getting it back into service for the next hundred years. 🍳🍳🍳

“I would rather have people laugh at my economies than weep for my extravagance.”
- King Oscar II of Sweden
That's a treasure!

Plans have been changed. I'm really alright with that!
Our dog Lil' Sky got really sick. We've been busy taking care of her. Apparently her labored breathing was caused by a collapsed Trachea. It wouldn't be good for her. That was a dumb idea on me. But at least the garage is cleaned up.
If an earthquake hits I'll be prepared. Live it with style! :)
And I've been told that the tree situation will be solved shortly after I come home. Can't wait for that show to be over with.

Plans have been changed. I'm really alright with that!
Our dog Lil' Sky got really sick. We've been busy taking care of her. Apparently her labored breathing was caused by a collapsed Trachea. It wouldn't be good for her. That was a dumb idea on me. But at least the garage is cleaned up.
If an earthquake hits I'll be prepared. Live it with style! :)
And I've been told that the tree situation will be solved shortly after I come home. Can't wait for that show to be over with.
I don't really understand that part that I highlighted in red. I'm sure a collapsed trachea isn't good for anyone. I'm sure that your "dumb idea" wasn't that it would be good for her.

"... after I come home." Does that mean you are staying somewhere else for the duration?

I'm sure the situation is causing you a lot of stress and worry. I'm sending some positive vibes for you and Lil' Sky. (((Hugs)))

I don't really understand that part that I highlighted in red. I'm sure a collapsed trachea isn't good for anyone. I'm sure that your "dumb idea" wasn't that it would be good for her.

"... after I come home." Does that mean you are staying somewhere else for the duration?

I'm sure the situation is causing you a lot of stress and worry. I'm sending some positive vibes for you and Lil' Sky. (((Hugs)))
On a stress meter marked 1 to 100. My stress level has been 99.9%.
What I meant was. It was absolutely stupid of me to think it would be ok to stay in the garage for a few days during the summer with dogs! It's not. She's getting older. Now we have to be careful to make sure she doesn't over exert herself.

I have no choice but to find a place to stay for a few days.
Contracts have been signed. Date is scheduled. I've already pushed it back once because of timing with Utilities on/off days, and a human family emergency last week. My ex was bitten by a Rattler. He's ok, just had to stay in the hospital a few days because he couldn't walk. He's home and resting.
It was best to push things back the way I did.
I love Lil'Sky, still care about my ex. Always will he is my sons Father. That fact will never change.

The dust bunnies are in a dither this morning!

1688565860730.gif

The cable company is coming today to install internet and cable service as part of our rent!

I’m not as excited about it as the dust bunnies but when in Rome… 🤭

Making a macaroni salad to scoop and eat. For the next couple of days.

Making more marinara sauce, and folding sheets. If I ever get my hands on whoever decided it was a good idea to put elastic all around fitted sheets--well, I won't be responsible for the outcome!
Later, after I recover from the sheet folding, I'll make more refrigerator pickles. Cooking soothes the soul.

Waiting on some thunderstorms. Mr bliss is starting to cut the outside of the lawn, edges of gardens, around trees before the wind. We'll be watching the tarps on the beehives to make sure they don't close the hives if they fall in the winds that are expected. I'm cooking and we had hopes to paint picnic tables today but we'll do that tomorrow. Since it will cool off into the 70's instead of 80's I might start making 2 loaves of ww bread. I assembled carrot/apple/pineapple slaw, and ate a late breakfast. Lots of little things. If things quiet down, maybe some watercolor painting tonight, my piece of heaven.

Up way too late after a long day, way too much wine, especially as blind dog will want to be walked very early in a strange place with lots of mosquitoes and electric fences, but I just can't settle my brain down, :confused:.

Marlingardener, find corner with manufactures tag, always bottom right. Hold on to that corner with one hand. Slide other hand along til you find another corner, invert that corner over the originally held corner. give a good shake to fold and even out sheet. Hold those 2 corners with one hand, slide along with other hand to find 3rd corner fold/shake and then the 4th.
Oh boy, have to find a video as I'm not explaining this very well.
You will have a sheet folded in quarters, with all 4 corners together in one corner. The top edge and side edge will have the drop part of the sheet folded onto the flat quarter sheet. Fold all in half and half again.
:whistling:giggle: done.

Up way too late after a long day, way too much wine, especially as blind dog will want to be walked very early in a strange place with lots of mosquitoes and electric fences, but I just can't settle my brain down, :confused:.

Marlingardener, find corner with manufactures tag, always bottom right. Hold on to that corner with one hand. Slide other hand along til you find another corner, invert that corner over the originally held corner. give a good shake to fold and even out sheet. Hold those 2 corners with one hand, slide along with other hand to find 3rd corner fold/shake and then the 4th.a
Oh boy, have to find a video as I'm not explaining this very well.
You will have a sheet folded in quarters, with all 4 corners together in one corner. The top edge and side edge will have the drop part of the sheet folded onto the flat quarter sheet. Fold all in half and half again.
:whistling:giggle: done.
All of that was much easier when there was only elastic at the corners. It was much easier to fold up that bottom sheet somewhat smoothly. Once it was folded, there weren't elastics trying to pull it into a messy lump.

Making more marinara sauce, and folding sheets. If I ever get my hands on whoever decided it was a good idea to put elastic all around fitted sheets--well, I won't be responsible for the outcome!
Later, after I recover from the sheet folding, I'll make more refrigerator pickles. Cooking soothes the soul.

or you could just stuff them into the matching pillowcase. 🤭

or you could just stuff them into the matching pillowcase. 🤭
So, the trick is to wait until the elastics get loose.

I learned a long time ago to store the sheets and all but one pillow case inside one pillow case. Then you have the whole set together, even after someone has been rummaging in the linen closet and knocking piles over.

All of that was much easier when there was only elastic at the corners. It was much easier to fold up that bottom sheet somewhat smoothly. Once it was folded, there weren't elastics trying to pull it into a messy lump.
Very true, messy lump. But still doable, with maybe a bit more swearing.
My trick now without having multiple beds to take care of. Wash, dry, return to bed.

Very true, messy lump. But still doable, with maybe a bit more swearing.
My trick now without having multiple beds to take care of. Wash, dry, return to bed.
Doable with another person. Someone has to practically sit on the folded sheet until you shove it into one of the matching pillowcases.

Back
Top Bottom