What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't mind getting older...doesn't mean I'm happy with everything I am tolerating to get there. But then I have had severe arthritis in my knees and shoulders since I was 29...I'm used to things falling apart.

Got an oil change coupon for a dealer that is actually closer to my house, figured it was a good time to check them out. I've avoided this auto mall for about a decade because of very bad service. This is a different brand, and different service manager, so I have high hopes!

Getting ready to head out into the blast furnace to do our weekly marketing. Hotter 'n' blazes here and, today, it's incredibly windy. Won't that help the dryness?!!!:ohmy:

Before I leave, though, I must water all our vegetable planters. They are beginning to bear and water is critical at this point. No official garden this year because of the drought, so I must protect what we do have.

Up early, sitting with my coffee and hoping my oldest feels better today. Poor girl has a nasty virus and felt like crap all day yesterday. Its too early for me to go down and check on her but I surely want to! Trying to figure out how to disinfect the couch.

Up early, sitting with my coffee and hoping my oldest feels better today. Poor girl has a nasty virus and felt like crap all day yesterday. Its too early for me to go down and check on her but I surely want to! Trying to figure out how to disinfect the couch.
Aww, Alix, give Bugs a hug for me. I hope she is better too. As for your couch, Bissel (I think) makes a disinfecting cleaning solution. We had to use it when one of the dogs got sick on our mattress and it worked like a charm.

Lysol spray. It is what they use in hospitals and hotels. :yum:

Found out getting supplies is much cheaper if I just get them and pay full price at my facility than if I get them from another supplier and medicare pays for part. By buying it myself, I'm saving about $19 a day. Getting reimbursement back from medicare will net me about 70 cents a day, $9.80 in two weeks. Not worth the time and postage dealing with medicare. The supplier has about a 105% markup.:mad:

I'm telling ya Babe, you need a Roomba! The cats will enjoy it too!

Son #1's SIL has one. When he goes there with Teddy, she will bring out the Roomba. Teddy and the two cats chase that thing all over the house. The first time Teddy saw it, all four feet left the floor. Then he jumped up on Son's lap shaking. Now he thinks it is a neat toy. Aside from help with the housework, it will amuse your cats. Well worth the money.

My girlfriend in Georgia has one. She sets it on just before she leaves for work in the morning. When she comes home at night it is back in its charger and the carpets are nice and clean. :LOL:

Found out getting supplies is much cheaper if I just get them and pay full price at my facility than if I get them from another supplier and medicare pays for part. By buying it myself, I'm saving about $19 a day. Getting reimbursement back from medicare will net me about 70 cents a day, $9.80 in two weeks. Not worth the time and postage dealing with medicare. The supplier has about a 105% markup.:mad:

I remember those days. Keeping track of all your receipts, stamps, envelopes, etc. It seemed like when it was time to send everything in, I was out of something. Be it stamps, envelopes, etc. And making copies of the receipts was a big pain. I didn't have a copy machine at home at the time, so I would have to take them to work and do it on my lunch hour. Hoping no one was around seeing me using company equipment for personal business. Now ESP pays for everything. Even my new scooter. I looked up the price. Almost $4,000.00. I almost had a heart attack then I saw that. Thank you Medicare and ESP. I would hate to waiting for my check from Medicare for that one. :ohmy:

PrincessFiona60 said:

Wow. That's a lot.

Well I had a wonderful birthday yesterday :)

The indian dinner was fabulous, ate heaps and drank too much red wine :LOL:

I feel a bit under the weather today though due to I am guessing a hangover :rolleyes: and also the cold that I have, dont think the wine did it any favours...will take it easy over the next few days for sure ;)

Glad you had a super birthday, Kylie! Hope you feel better soon!

Our Roomba is a girl. Love her to pieces.

Dawgluver said:
I'm telling ya Babe, you need a Roomba! The cats will enjoy it too!

http://senorgif.memebase.com/2012/04/07/funny-gifs-easter-bunny-cat-on-irobot-roomba/

I decided to go with a dyson stick vac rather than a roomba because the brush pops out the side to be cleaned. I was just picturing myself trying to tear all my hair out of the roomba's brushes every time I used the thing and just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. True, the stick vac doesn't get used every day, but I use it way more than a broom or a regular vacuum, and it does a great job, so I'm happy with it.

I decided to go with a dyson stick vac rather than a roomba because the brush pops out the side to be cleaned. I was just picturing myself trying to tear all my hair out of the roomba's brushes every time I used the thing and just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. True, the stick vac doesn't get used every day, but I use it way more than a broom or a regular vacuum, and it does a great job, so I'm happy with it.
I have had my IRoomba since I had 3 Saint Bernards. The little tool that comes with it to clean the brush, works very well. I love my Hilda Hustomte (my IRoomb's name) to death--almost as much as the chickens:yum:. She comes out and vacuums every evening after I finish in the kitchen. I am about to take a nap while she vacuums. Talk about easy!

CWS4322 said:
I have had my IRoomba since I had 3 Saint Bernards. The little tool that comes with it to clean the brush, works very well. I love my Hilda Hustomte (my IRoomb's name) to death--almost as much as the chickens:yum:. She comes out and vacuums every evening after I finish in the kitchen. I am about to take a nap while she vacuums. Talk about easy!

I'm sure the little tool works well, but my hair is about two feet long, and very thick. When I wash it I literally pull out handfuls of hair. When I vacuum the brush looks like its covered in a web of nylon mesh. With the dyson I pull the brush out the side, and use a manicure scissor dedicated to that purpose to snip the web from one side to the other so I can just unwrap it. It's pretty slick. It is really light, powerful, and cordless. Maybe some day I'll try a roomba, I did really want to, but I decided the stick vac might be a more practical tool for me :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom