"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-14-2014, 11:50 PM   #18771
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
The CRA seems to be on top of the heartbleed bug. They shut down their online services quickly and have patched and tested their site and it is now safe. They even admit that they were breached. ~900 SINs were captured. They will be notifying those people by registered mail.

A heads up to all the Canadians here. The CRA will only contact people about this by registered mail. They will not be contacting people by email or by phone. So, if you get a phone call or an email claiming to be from the CRA about the heartbleed bug, it's a scam.

Statement by the Commissioner of the Canada Revenue Agency on the Heartbleed bug
Thanks, Taxy. I have to file Dad's on paper anyway because it is a final filing just for interest on the estate in 2013. There is nothing owed or refundable, just the necessary paperwork. As for my neighbour, she is not computer savy and wants it done by hand she would mail it, but I am taking Dad's in anyway and the office is only 10-15 minutes away.

I didn't make it to the pool. The building across the street from us had a fire scare and I couldn't get out. It turned out to be minor, but there were three fire trucks and one person was taken away with smoke inhalation. I think they just burned something on the stove, but it triggered her asthma. There is always something exciting going on here! The ambulance driver saw me when I went to see if I could get the van out and joked that when he saw the address he was surprised it wasn't me!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:14 AM   #18772
Master Chef

Fiddling around the kitchen doing chores, hoping to keep myself awake long enough to see at least part of the lunar eclipse. It's a clear view, no city lights from here, and the moon is so bright now it's casting shadows across the lawn. So pretty.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:14 AM   #18773
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
My thumb has healed...There was this flap of skin sticking up and I instantly pushed it down and applied pressure to stop the bleeding. After the bleeding stopped I bandaged it in such a way to keep that flap pushed down on the cut...
Whenever I cut myself that way I end up clipping the flap of skin off once the new skin has "set". I use my cuticle clippers, wiping the blade part and my finger with a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol (yes you feel a little pinch, but it's not bad) and then clipping the skin as close to the finger as possible. Don't have to worry about the flap catching on anything since it basically turned into a piece of dead skin. My super cleaning prep has made sure I never (knock on wood) have had an infection or any other problem.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:14 AM   #18774
Master Chef

Time for an update from Regensburg!
Frank is awake since friday, he is still quite confused, yesterday he told me there is a monster standing next to his bedů
It also adds that they stopped his strong pain-meds, so he surely has withdrawal Symptoms.
He breathes all on his own, he gets normal Food, had his First coffee and even got a TVů

I can't tell you, how glad I am!!!
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:20 AM   #18775
Certified Cake Maniac

Cara, thanks for the update. I have been wondering how he is doing! I am so happy for you both! I know that withdrawal feeling. I was having some real strange visions when I had all that morphine and antibiotics in February with my liver problems.

I am sending you both big hugs, with lots of happy thoughts and prayers. Do you know how long he will have to stay in the hospital?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:39 AM   #18776
Master Chef

Cara, I've been thinking about you and Frank. Thanks so much for sharing his good news. Well, except for the monster at the side of his bed. Praying he continues his recovery quickly. Hang in there!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:33 AM   #18777
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Frank is awake since friday, he is still quite confused, yesterday he told me there is a monster standing next to his bed…
It also adds that they stopped his strong pain-meds, so he surely has withdrawal Symptoms.
He breathes all on his own, he gets normal Food, had his First coffee and even got a TV…

That is such wonderful news! Best wishes and prayers for continued strength to both of you.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #18778
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Fiddling around the kitchen doing chores, hoping to keep myself awake long enough to see at least part of the lunar eclipse. It's a clear view, no city lights from here, and the moon is so bright now it's casting shadows across the lawn. So pretty.
It was far too rainy here last night for me to even try to see the eclipse
Old 04-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #18779
Master Chef

Cleaning up the kitchen and making a pot of soup, I'm ready for our last snowstorm of the season to begin!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #18780
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Frank is awake since friday, he is still quite confused, yesterday he told me there is a monster standing next to his bedů
He breathes all on his own, he gets normal Food, had his First coffee and even got a TVů

Very good news, Cara. Will continue to send forth good thoughts and wishes for a quick recovery!