"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #1941
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Back to work today, I have the office to myself and will be able to get a lot done. I usually have two computers working when I'm alone. Coughing up more crud this morning, but it's easier. No fever and I feel great!
Glad to hear you are a bit better. I wish I could cough up crud instead of just coughing and still having it all in my throat. I can't wait until March 8th when I get all my test results and will hopefully find out what is wrong and can be done about it.

What am I doing right now? Getting used to being up at 5:30 in the morning . It's pain program day and I have to run some clean clothes up to Dad on the way to my commuter train. There will definitely be a Starbucks stop along the way!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #1942
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Ceramic tile. Great stuff. Just needs to be washed. Make sure you have grout sealer applied to the grout to prevent staining. You have to reapply every 25 years or so.
YES!!! I love my ceramic tiles. They can be a little cold in the morning, but that's what a nice hot cuppa is for!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #1943
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Back to work today, I have the office to myself and will be able to get a lot done. I usually have two computers working when I'm alone. Coughing up more crud this morning, but it's easier. No fever and I feel great!
I hope that means you are on the mend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Ceramic tile. Great stuff. Just needs to be washed. Make sure you have grout sealer applied to the grout to prevent staining. You have to reapply every 25 years or so.
If you are laying the tile yourself, mix the grout sealer into the grout. It's much quicker that way. Same thing if you are regrouting tile. BTW, it works for tile walls too. I learned some stuff when working at a store called "Million Carpets and Tiles".

If you are using tile in the kitchen, make sure it is a tile that isn't too slippery when it's wet. I don't know about you guys, but I spill water and other liquids on my kitchen floor.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #1944
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I just called a client to cancel our meeting for this evening. I have the dreaded lurgy. Caught it from DH. I told the client he really didn't want to catch this one. He will phone me and then put the envelope with his tax stuff in my mail box. I'll wave at him from my kitchen window. (The mailbox is attached to the house, so I won't have to go outside, just open the door.)
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #1945
Chef Extraordinaire

aiming toward a visit to the doctor. hopefully he will give me meds to chase my blues away. an antibiotic is probably in order. tired of feeling punk. but i did lost two more pounds.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #1946
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #1947
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
aiming toward a visit to the doctor. hopefully he will give me meds to chase my blues away. an antibiotic is probably in order. tired of feeling punk. but i did lost two more pounds.
no infection, that was a nice suprise. so why do i feel so lousy?
Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #1948
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Much better tonight. Have it whipped, another work day tomorrow and then I have time to veg over the weekend.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #1949
Executive Chef

I'm sitting at my parents' house trying to figure out if I'm 32 or 33. I am so not old enough to be forgetting my own age. This is not a good sign. I think I'll blame it on the fact that I'm mildly sleep deprived and drove 5 1/2 hours to get here.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #1950
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I'm sitting at my parents' house trying to figure out if I'm 32 or 33. I am so not old enough to be forgetting my own age. This is not a good sign. I think I'll blame it on the fact that I'm mildly sleep deprived and drove 5 1/2 hours to get here.
Hug the Chief for me! You should see the math I have to do to find out how long I've been married to Shrek...