"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #20641
Certified Pretend Chef

Congrats Munky. I'll bet you have a great day!

Old 08-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #20642
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The Pirate took me shopping and we just got back. I went to the Dollar Tree store first and he went into the Verizon store to see if his phone could be fixed. It was fried, but the girl there had a trade in that she just got and sold it to him for $60. It is a Razor with a much bigger screen. He is getting old man eyes and can see it again. I got some little things in the Dollar store like a pad of paper to have at the computer desk. I always have to grab a piece of paper off the printer.

I also got some hand soap and other little goodies. Spent the grand sum of $8.00. The we went over to Stop and Shop. The one thing I really needed was half and half. Oh dear God, please save me from Saturday when DiMoulas is not working and they are all going to either S&S or Shaw's. The Pirate got knocked right off his feet and took down a display with him in doing so. So the little old lady felt the resistance when her cart was up against him, but she pulled back and then rammed him. He didn't have a chance to get out of the way in time. We got the half and half and got out of there as fast as we could. Imagaine the customers of two stores with food stamp shoppers along with their regular customers on a Saturday. I will wait until Monday morning to do my monthly shopping. It was worsed than shopping the day before the July 4th holiday. Time to rest!
We need to get the Pirate an eye patch and cutlass, maybe even a parrot, so people will notice him.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #20643
Honey Badger

*The Honeymooners*

Alice, I'm home...Now where's my dinner?
We had a great time.Just got home a little while ago.My feet are killing me.
I managed not to trip on anything.

We left just as the second band was starting.Strobing lights just aren't my thing.Reminds me of my youth. "IT'S THE COPS!!!...RUNNNN STUPID! " Just kidding.

I'll hear later how the third band worked out.My oldest is one of the grooms he has to stay until everyone goes home.By the looks of it and the free bar, it won't be anytime soon.

Where do you guys want the pics?I see we have 2 threads.
My youngest is busy getting them ready.He was also one of the photographers at the wedding.I get first pic..Cuz' it happened.

Munky.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:33 PM   #20644
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Our adopted son is getting married in just a few hours...Gotta get ready.Practice walking in heels before I go public.
Will post pics when I get back.
So wearing the Big Girl shoes today, huh? My deepest sympathies.

No sympathies on your wonderful son tying the knot though! I have nothing but congratulations and wishes for a wonderful life for him and his sweet bride. May they have many happy years together.

Looking forward to those pictures!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #20645
Master Chef

I've been listening to the baseball game in our sunroom, one eye trained out the window at our neighbors' yard. They have their send-off party for their Army son who ships out to Korea on Tuesday. They've had a ten-foot conflagration going in their fire pit...which is basically a circle of rocks separating the pit from the mulch, all firmly arranged just on the edge of the woods. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer, those neighbors.

Now that the fire seems to be down, and a good number of people have drifted home, I think it's safe for me to get off fire watch and head to the basement to sort and pitch more stuff.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #20646
Certified Pretend Chef

SO and I are watching Cat Ballou (1965) on TV. This has always been one of my favorites. Lee Marvin is a hoot.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:20 AM   #20647
Certified Cake Maniac

We just watched Epic and I am going to cut up a watermelon for a snack.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #20648
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
SO and I are watching Cat Ballou (1965) on TV. This has always been one of my favorites. Lee Marvin is a hoot.
Andy it's one of my favorites as well.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #20649
Sous Chef

Had a yucky day at work, so I'm here catching up, reading, and copying some more recipes. You people are so wonderful! There's so MUCH here to read, to look at, to explore...this is one amazing cooking forum.

I feel a little out of place as my cooking over the years has been really simple, but I'm learning a ton of things and you all are so helpful. I go on vacation soon, a staycation with maybe an overnight in Gatlinburg, TN, or if hubby feels like it, an overnight camping trip with our dog not far from home.

I've compiled a whole folder of your recipes, and I really appreciate them! I'm going to try some of these on my vacation, and I'll certainly tell you how it went and whose recipe it was. If it's a mess, it's my fault LOL!

I'm also knitting a scarf for my daughter, crocheting a blanket for a friend's new grandchild, and wondering where the heck these terrorist kittens get their energy and why do they insist on making us bleed.

They are terrifying. I'm very tall, and I like to wear long skirts and sundresses in the summer. Bad mistake. I have scratches in the weirdest places from those little monsters climbing me.

Help.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #20650
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks, Kathleen. My Mom used to make those pickles and used alum. I have her recipe cards. I should look and see if I can find it in there.
I'd love to see it if you find it! Aunt Bea gave me one that I'm following for this go-around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
"They are trying to drive him off his land! They put manure in his well. They made him talk to lawyers!"

Today, I'm hoping to get lighting installed beneath the kitchen cabinets.

« Petty Vents | - »