"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #21431
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Thanks for that info on the Costco deal, bakechef.
You are Welcome!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #21432
Sous Chef

Dealing with a mother-in-law.

She hates our backyard, how I made it so lovely. She said the mulch bed with the azaleas are tacky, and she hates the birdbath and the outside kitchen with the grill and the picnic table.

It's neat and clean and pretty and she hurt me by yelling at me today and I'm just trying to understand why she is like this.

I'm so tired of being judged by her.

And other than that, hubby will defend me, and we're going to snuggle up to a movie.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #21433
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

She hates our backyard, how I made it so lovely. She said the mulch bed with the azaleas are tacky, and she hates the birdbath and the outside kitchen with the grill and the picnic table.

It's neat and clean and pretty and she hurt me by yelling at me today and I'm just trying to understand why she is like this.

And other than that, hubby will defend me, and we're going to snuggle up to a movie.
Tell the MIL that when it becomes her backyard she will be welcome to make any changes she feels necessary.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #21434
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Relaxin'. Daughter was here all afternoon doing her homework online, after she had a quick 30 minute power nap. I was quietly cleaning and doing stuff in other rooms. Don't know how she does it....she works almost full time (6 hours a day) and is taking 4 classes in Business Admin. Grandson Tyler stayed home with dad so she could come over here and do homework in peace. I threw together a quickie dinner for us, just got done with dishes, fixin' to have a bowl of ice cream and search for a movie.
Everyone needs a quiet place to go to. Even if it is just for doing homework or simply relaxing. What a nice DH to give time of himself to his son. Win/Win all around. Daughter got homework done, You got some quality meal time with DD, and father/son also had a special time together.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #21435
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

Has she always been so critical of you? PF gave you some excellent advice. Or you could suggest a local park where the scenery is more to her liking. Offer to pack her a box lunch of P&B sandwiches she could take there. Make sure it is extra chunky and hide her dentures.

Hubby has your back and that is all that matters. You might ask him if he could possibly speak to her about being so critical of you.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:24 AM   #21436
Chef Extraordinaire

Last month I was lured by a coupon off for paper towels that I would never buy. I prefer the Bounty "pick a size" double rolls towels. I also get the 12 pack. I keep a roll in the bathroom for sanitary reason. After wiping my hands from washing them, I use the towel to wipe out the sink and polish the faucets.

I ran out of towels in the kitchen, and since I use more there than in the bathroom, I took the roll from the bathroom and put it in the kitchen.

I now have my precious Bounty towels back. I can polish my chrome faucets and spouts in the bathroom, keep the sink spotless and even in the kitchen.

I will never be lured by a coupon off offer ever again from my favorites that I know and love for something that is cheaper. My chrome is shiny once again!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #21437
Executive Chef

Addie, I know what you mean about having your favorite towels back, but I have found some new favorites by trying something with a coupon. I think that's why they offer the coupons.

Aunt Bea, I do the same with a sink full of suds.

I will also have to get back to the commercial cleaning. In the past, if I'm watching something and go into another room for some reason during a commercial, DH changes the channel, claiming that I wasn't watching it. Maybe I will hide the remote next time or take it with me.

Bakechef, I will try the plastic wrap on top of the refrigerator. I'm not sure how it will work, because DH keeps a little basket up there for his candy. He might end up pulling the plastic wrap off.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #21438
Head Chef

I was going to buy some crocosmia bulbs (attractive sprays of small orange flowers) when I came across a house that had, on the pavement, plastic bags containing these dug up bulbs; labelled 'free'! So what I have been doing today is obvious.

Oh also baking wholemeal bread.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #21439
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
I was going to buy some crocosmia bulbs (attractive sprays of small orange flowers) when I came across a house that had, on the pavement, plastic bags containing these dug up bulbs; labelled 'free'! So what I have been doing today is obvious.

Oh also baking wholemeal bread.
A lady in our neighborhood puts out free blubs too, so the other day I got some iris.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #21440
Head Chef

Yes I have put out pots of indoor plants, no longer wanted, and they were snapped up pretty quickly!