"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #25141
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Procrastinating...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I do that a lot. It's kind of a hobby...
You too, eh?

Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #25142
Certified Pretend Chef

I was going to procrastinate but I just can't seem to get around to it.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:52 PM   #25143
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Good one, Andy
Old 02-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #25144
Master Chef

The struggle is real. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	procrastination.png
Views:	46
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	24339  
Old 02-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #25145
Chef Extraordinaire

Listening to Pirate rave and carry on about our new Mr. Coffee maker. A new one was desperately needed. Now for the new waste baskets and kitchen pantry cabinet to arrive sometime today.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:30 AM   #25146
Executive Chef

Back from 2 1/2 weeks vacation in So Florida, Deerfield Beach area north of Ft Lauderdale. Thank you DC friends for maintaining the good life all the 50+ weeks of the year and providing a play ground for us snowbirds. Why yes, I did wear a hawaaiin shirt with my pale skin and bald spot prominently exposed. Did I stick out much. Possibly. Probably not too much. We were 2 blocks from the ocean which was ok w/ me, and not close enough for her even though there was a pool just outside our front door and a gas grill too. We ate out more than usual, and why not, it's vacation. I brought more books than I could read and didn't bring a lap top this year. I should know better. Watching the super bowl and celebrating Valentines day out of town is surreal.

My main concern coming, going and in between was taking care of the kids at home, specifically my oldest cat. Well all of them really. She's approx 16, going pretty blind, unsteady/ off balance and bumps into things. My 75 y/o BIL took care of her and Dx's 10 year old dog. We figured they would all be about the right speed for each other and he was agreeable. These two kids love each other and always have. BIL on the other hand, knows little about kid-care. So the dog ate the cat food, after we had explicitly explained Feed in Separate Rooms. No, the cat does not go out just because he feels she might want to when he feeds the squirrels outside his back door. He said she went in circles on his back steps, At least she didn't make a bee line someplace. The dog is too old to chase squirrels and he said she went around in circles too. But then, she rarely lifts her nose from the snow as she sniffs and creates tracks in the snow. Thatís not going in circles, thatís normal. O well. We are home and so are they. What he wants for payment for baby sitting is 14 times cribbage games from each of us, not consecutive days, so thereís about a half year of weekends. A nickel a point. Heís a pretty shrewd player.

My younger, 4 y/o, went to cat-camp, i.e board and care. I couldnít quite tell how she is-- either mighty happy or she just shook off her tail feathers after getting out of her cat carrier once she landed back in her own living room again. Both girls gave each other a once over sniff smell and lick test and went into separate rooms. I'm so happy the oldest still knows how to raise her tail straight up and walk like a proper lady when she needs to show that she's still got it together. By bed time, they were right back at home on my bed and later curled up on the same pillow on the sofa. I haven't used a board and care facility previous when we have gone out of town, so it was new to me too. Twice daily "snack time" followed by regimented 15 minute cuddles. They also advertised exercise time, or individualized play time. I didnít request any ďspecials. I don'no. She probably caught onto the snacks pretty quick but I think she likes to choose her own snuggly times, which is probably when they were busy enforcing someone elseís play time. What I mostly didnít know, is they are licensed, in a personís home in a regular neighborhood, for pet care, bedrooms / spaces divided, cutesy but not too cutesy, lots of toys, frequent litter box changes, the house did not smell, and I have done plenty of flea checks, and so far clean as a whistle. I havenít seen any ear scratching beyond normal, so far. Oh, and I had to provide current shot documents. ďEl amor en los tiempos del cůleraĒ without the benefit of travel and no passport necessary. They donít know how easy they have their vacations. New adventures and no waiting in airports.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:15 AM   #25147
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That type of confusion is what happens while I am catching snippets from the different TV's while passing medications to my patients. I thought it was neat that I recognized Swagger....didn't catch what group they were showing at the time...
I used to show dogs, so that's why I get all exact about it. I knew the woman who owned the Westminster Best in Show in 1989. That was Sue Korp and she trained in Obedience with my trainer. Her dog was Indy.

And not everyone can pick one dog out from another at a show. That was pretty neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
He was dead on the Grammy show I was watching too. "...they did a nice job with the BB King tribute."
Nice back pedal there.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #25148
Chef Extraordinaire

DH and I are on our way to our first beekeeping class! We're going to get bees to pollinate the garden! At least, that's DH's main goal. I don't mind having some free honey, too!

He has a friend from work who has been keeping bees for a few years now who said he would help him harvest it. I don't mind leaving most of it for the bees for the winter, but I don't think they'll miss a few quarts.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:00 AM   #25149
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

That sounds fun GG!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #25150
Master Chef

Welcome back, Whisk - I enjoyed your story! Bet the kitties are glad to be back in their own home.

Have fun at your class, GG! Let us know how it goes, I bet it's very interesting.

It's 6:40 AM here and I'm on my first cup of coffee. I am SO not an early morning person by nature, but I'm going to Tyler's last basketball game which starts at 8. If anyone can get me up, showered, dressed, and out the door by 7:45, he can.