"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #29021
Head Chef

I'm just home from a trip home to Scotland. We dont do the proper tourist thing, since the family is local, no haggis but Scottish Sunday breakfast, lovely home made curries , fish cakes and dinners. We did splurge on eating at Five Guys, that was ace! I really liked their burgers and fries. Visited relatives, saw the country side, saw highland cattle, manage to see one guy playing bag pipe the last day there.

And now we are home just missing them all.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:36 AM   #29022
Certified Cake Maniac

I am waiting for Violet to eat her breakfast appetizer (aka take her medicine) so we can go out for her first duty trip. She has an infection in both ears and because she was shaking her head so hard from it, she broke blood vessels in one ear, leaving a huge pocket of blood. We can't have it drained until the infection is getting better because they don't want it to happen again.

I am also getting ready to make a gluten free zucchini loaf. Once it is done, cooled and put away safely, I will be making gluten filled blueberry cupcakes to take as a gift tomorrow when we go to dinner with some friends of TB from work. If I am energetic enough, they will be decorated. If I am not, they will be simply iced with a glaze

Old 07-29-2017, 06:41 AM   #29023
Head Chef

CP, glad you got to take a trip home. I know it's hard to come back after seeing family. It's hard for me to get my daughter leave after her and her family are for a weekend.

LP, hope Violet gets better soon. It's bad enough when grown ups get ear infections. But babies and pets are a whole other story.
cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #29024
Head Chef

We havent seen our oldest daughter for 4½ years... it is a long time.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #29025
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rparrny View Post
Mazel Tov!
Thank you. Now you know why being on a small amount of SS I skip Christmas.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:25 AM   #29026
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Waiting for Shrek to shower so we can go get his "plumbing problem" fixed. I'll be very busy with "the Invalid" for the next couple days. Meanwhile, since he can't eat, I haven't eaten either.
How is your "invalid" doing? I hope he is healing fast and you both are getting some rest. Take care.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #29027
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here with my headphones on listening to the Bee Gees hits. I should be working on my grocery list. A chore of punishment for me.

Since Spike does one half of the store for me, I have to list everything by which aisle the item is in. A real pain!!!

I took Teddy out this morning. I managed to walk more than a half block with him. And then back. I think that was because I am full of Vicodin. My leg and foot are so swollen. Not good.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #29028
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
How is your "invalid" doing? I hope he is healing fast and you both are getting some rest. Take care.
The Ogre had an extra couple of days in the hospital than planned (breathing problems)...he's well enough now to make me nuts. I'm taking the afternoon off, taking my Niece to the street fair in town and the last day of the County Fair. We will have fun and I love spending time with her.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #29029
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
The Ogre had an extra couple of days in the hospital than planned (breathing problems)...he's well enough now to make me nuts. I'm taking the afternoon off, taking my Niece to the street fair in town and the last day of the County Fair. We will have fun and I love spending time with her.
Glad to hear he is on the mend. And have loads of fun at the fair. I love fairs. My favorite is seeing all the handmade quilts. Oh, to be so talented.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #29030
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
I had to stay in after my surgery due to breathing as well and then it was TB who ended up with the C-PAP machine! I hope Shrek feels better soon for his sake... and yours

We just got home from the vet and the infection in Violet's ear is getting better. We have an appointment for Tuesday to have the pocket drained.

We are going on a road-trip today! Some friends from TB's work have invited us to dinner at their place. He is an excellent cook and makes awesome meals. It is about an hour's drive from our new place so that cuts about a half hour off from our old place. I am going to have to rest from now until the time we leave but I am really looking forward to going.